The ban I received

MarkPlankwalker

Pirate Master
Nah what I mean about the ban, twice now I've been banned without a provided reason, the first time my ban was cut short because I emailed support. The second time tho (this weekend) I was banned with the reason "rule violations". Of course I broke the rules or I wouldn't have been banned, so again I email support to figure out why and they tell me
"TLOPO cannot help you with this. We do not manage or own the Pirates Forums. Please contact a PF moderator.

Thank you for contacting The Legend of Pirates Online.
Fairest of winds and smooth sailin' be"
The thing is I CANT because you don't give us even access to a moderator when banned. See what I'm saying savvy?

Nah what I mean about the ban, twice now I've been banned without a provided reason, the first time my ban was cut short because I emailed support. The second time tho (this weekend) I was banned with the reason "rule violations". Of course I broke the rules or I wouldn't have been banned, so again I email support to figure out why and they tell me

The thing is I CANT because you don't give us even access to a moderator when banned. See what I'm saying savvy?

You're contacting TLOPO support about a pirateforums ban matey, we don't control the pirate forums - just a partner to them.

In other words, you're emailing the wrong people and then bashing us when we can't help ;).

You're contacting TLOPO support about a pirateforums ban matey, we don't control the pirate forums - just a partner to them.

In other words, you're emailing the wrong people and then bashing us when we can't help ;).
Who else can I go to mate? Tell me that? Bc I sure can't get in contact with PF when banned. Are you seeing the problem here?

Who else can I go to mate? Tell me that? Bc I sure can't get in contact with PF when banned. Are you seeing the problem here?

b6469d38ee73569bcbf51638d387ccf1.png

https://gyazo.com/b6469d38ee73569bcbf51638d387ccf1

You could also try just asking a moderator or admin now that you're unbanned. I'm not pirate forums staff, and the support email is for TLOPO related issues. Sorry mate. :p

As stated on our Terms of Service and Rules, you're welcome to contact Pirates Forums' support email, thecrew@piratesforums.co. We'll be glad to answer any forums-related questions there.

For what it's worth, there's a "Contact Us" button that performs the same function at the bottom of the site.
5ce0956f2d79713073503da3d5a492ba.png

@MarkPlankwalker

TLOPO does not own or manage the Pirates Forums. The Pirates Forums and the TLOPO Game have two different staff teams. Emailing support@tlopo.com will not take you anywhere because we have no way of looking into your account's information.

I hope that this clarifies the confusion

Furthermore, in the coming months there are plans in the pipeline to help increase moderation transparency.

Members will be able to view a list of warnings they have received on their own profile. The list will display how many points each warning is worth, and when the points expire. Emails will also be sent out when cooldowns or bans are triggered, alongside a breakdown of the points that caused them and an explanation of your options to appeal.

I've had a drama, an OT & a misplaced thread warning and have never been banned... So do I win?:banana split:

Seriously now though, everyone can make mistakes but this doesn't mean it's the end of the world. You have no idea of much extended the conversation is among the moderation team before a ban is being applied. It's not only the rules and policies that we (as moderators follow), it's how you mix those two along with everyone's approach regarding a said situation.

{Although I still win because of my warnings setup} :piratedance:

Mark was just banned, Divine is currently banned and I was just unbanned.

I've been here nearly six years and have never been banned. Sufficed to say, if you receive a ban from these forums, it is for good reason.
Yep i cant recall a single instance of it ever happening and i've been here... oh my god nearly 7 years
Huh, I've been a member of these forums for 2+ years now, with nary a ban in sight.

You have no idea of much extended the conversation is among the moderation team before a ban is being applied. It's not only the rules and policies that we (as moderators follow), it's how you mix those two along with everyone's approach regarding a said situation.
I'd like to reiterate these facts and add that Moderators don't act alone or "have it out" for anyone. It doesn't happen. I often get PMs from folks after they've gotten a warning that seem to think it was my fault. If it's any consolation, I've had occasions where someone had just joined the guild and literally a moment later I had to issue them a warning for something.

We have a conscientious Staff that works together to uphold the forum rules.
If you were banned and don't understand why, email Support: thecrew@piratesforums.co
If you report something that is rejected, please feel free to ask why also. Some folks work around the rules.

We have over 10k members that for the most part respect each other, and that's amazing! Ban rate is very low.
Forum Rules are listed here: https://piratesforums.co/help/terms
When rules are broken and warning points are given in return, folks shouldn't blame anyone except for themselves.
Rules are enforced to maintain a civil and friendly environment.

A thank you to the Community for being awesome!
Thank you fellow Staff for maintaining a fun and caring Community!

Last edited:
Furthermore, in the coming months there are plans in the pipeline to help increase moderation transparency.

Members will be able to view a list of warnings they have received on their own profile. The list will display how many points each warning is worth, and when the points expire. Emails will also be sent out when cooldowns or bans are triggered, alongside a breakdown of the points that caused them and an explanation of your options to appeal.
Just curious, Davy: when will this update arrive on the forums? I'd like to see this because it is difficult to understand bans and warnings here, and I will appreciate the transparency. However, I understand if the answer to my question is going to be SOON™

Back