The Beginning Tales Of The Iron Cousins

(correction to the tale my lads and lasses, Achilles and me paw Madmartigan sail to Tortuga)
EDIT (Dec 28, 2010 at 9:40 PM):
As day breaks upon the sea, Tortuga looks like a drydocks. Hundreds of ships are anchored outside the bay. For news travels fast in the Carribean.....there is a seat to be filled in the brethren court. Aye that be right mates Morgan screams to all aboard Molly's ship the Star-Chaser Dragon. A mighty cheer is heard on all the decks. Molly, at the helm winks at Morganans says "WAY ANCHOR MATES!!!!! TODAY WE DRINK AND FEAST AT THE FIRST TAVERN WE SEE!!!! Looks like a mighty gathering Morgan what do you think?" Morgan looks back over her shoulder and says "Agreed cousin". So they drop the dinghy on the ship down to go ashore. and the the crew pile in on the other spare life boat. On the way in to shore Morgan notes several ships of well renown pirates. Many have come for the poker game of poker games. Jack Sparrow has made an open challenge to Jolly Roger for one of the pirate lords seats. It appears that even the keeper of the code is here as well Captain Teague. He has been called upon by Jack Sparrow to make sure there are no renigs on said bet at the table. Morgan smiles and looks back to her good cousin Molly and sees a smile in return. Perhaps if Captain Teague is here maybe they're great, who knows how many times removed, grand fathers are here Morgan and Bartholomew. "I still say Morgan you are the lucky one to be named after your grand dad." Laughing with a gator grin Morgan replies " Don't be a sour cow Molly, you know why we are here." "Aye cousin i do know why,no need to remind me." With that being said they were here to be the witnesses in case they're grand dads were unable to travel. "AHOY IRON COUSINS" were the many shouts from the ship crews as the rowed they're ships in to Tortuga. Other shouts began to ring out from the ships closer to the docks. "THEY'RE HERE, THE IRON COUSINS ARE HERE!!!!" Morgan and Molly laugh at each other then begin to wave and blow kisses. Molly stands in her life boat and yells "

"TEND THE FOREMASTS YE DECK APES OR YER MASTERS AND CAPTAINS WILL HEAR OF YOUR LACK OF DISCIPLINE!!!!" All the ship decks burst into action, as if a the captains of each ship were aboard them. and a very loud and thunderous "AYE, AYE CAPTAIN IRONSCARLETT ALL HANDS ON DECK!!! PREPARE FOR INSPECTION MATES!!!!" Molly grins at Morgan and nods "What are we a carnival act or pirates?"

as the cousin continued inward to Tortuga Molly kept one eye on the ships and they're crews and one to the open see. Morgan saw the caution in Molly's expression and asked "What is it Molly?" Still paddling Molly looked at her cousin and said "Jolly's ship is here as well as Captain Teagues'. But that isn't what is bothering me." Morgan turned around and sat next to her cousin and looked where Molly was looking.there just off the starboard side just barely visible to the naked eye was a set of sails. Morgan looked at her cousin" How far off?" Molly turned just slightly but still look in the direction. Voice very low almost hard to hear her with all the ships crews preparing they're ships for a pass and review. Molly whispered " A few hours tops wished i had me spy glass to see who followed us." With that Molly started to smile and stood and look up at the ships as the passed by. Whole ship crews stood on they're deck side in they're best regalla as the two women passed. Molly not impressed said " Fine day gents pass a message to the outer ships to point a broadside out of port. We don't want any interruptions on this momentous day of days." When she looked to the shores noticed out of the corner of her eye, pirates moving to the other side to pass word to the other ships. Fully focused now on the shores of Tortuga, Molly saw a very busy port indeed. Appropriated goods moving here and there the hustle and bustle of uhm merchants (more like fences) and the smell of fishe and drink was in the air. Laughter could be heard and fights breaking out hear and there and a thick haze of pipe tobacco was very palpable. Molly smiled and turned to Morgan "Home away from home." Morgaan noded and said "Aye, and i wonder if the gramps are here?" Molly laughed and said "I didin't see the Riptde or the Banshee amongst the ships but i did see the Broken Crown (Captain Teagues' ship). Morgan says "Oh really, so the Keeper is here instead of the gramps, I wonder why?"

Awesome! I want to turn the page and keep reading . . . Write more soon! Thank you for the tale

As the life boat was pushed ashore,all traffic ceased in the small town in Tortuga. Molly turned to Moragn and whispered "Either our reputation proceeds us or we alot of money." With a wink Molly jumped out of the boat into knee deep water. She held her hand out for Morgan and was taken by surprise when Morgan jumped right into the water next to her. With a splash in the fash Morgan laughed " Maybe you owe somebody money." All at once the crowd broke out in laughter. Pointing at Molly, who was drenched from head to toe now. "Morgan don't forget whose ship you rode in on!!" Molly brought her arm down and made a wave dousing Morgan in a wave of clear blue sea water. Morgan saw it coming and jumped up on shore and chimed "You'll have to do better than that cousin!!" Molly looking up saw her cousin jumped up onto a rum barrel on the make shift docks that were in the moment kinda in dire need of repair. Molly lashed out with her cutlass, the crowd watching gasped all at once. Molly sliced the air faster than a hawk in true dive. Hitting the barrel Morgan was standing on. With a resounding splintering sound, the rum keg shattered, and Morgan with no where else to go went straight up and then right back down.When she hit the docks, the duely noted in dire need of repair docks gave a very eery moan and then CRASH!!!!!! Morgan and rum residue all went crashing down into the water.Molly gave a snort and lowered her arm to assist Morgan. Morgan says " Lucky we both got wet." With that she pulled her pistol pulled the hammer back and squeezed the trigger. Of course Molly reacted accordingly with her arms up crossed over in front of her face.To her surprise and bubbling anger all that was made was a loud clack as the pistol misfired. "Wet powder." The gathered crowd blew up in a cheer and a massive wave of laughter. Morgan winked and said "I'll take that arm ye be offering now cousin." Molly, making a feeble try at a smile, lowered her arm again. "That is soooo you cousin always forgetting the small things." Morgan emerged from the water and Molly began to help her cousin out of the water. When they both turned around there stood none other than Captain Teague. " Are ye done now?"

Standing over a very wet pair of not to young nor too old ladies. Captain Teague, standing in not a very pleasant demeanor (glare lol). Are you two done now? I have to tell you what is going on, for I have been called away on urgent business." Smiking at the two ladies Captain Teague presented both his hands to the Iron Cousins. Molly and Morgan truned very pale. Molly says " That's ok Captain Teague, we shall get out and dry ourselves off." Morgan looked as if she had been slapped dead in her face, while looking at the outstretched hand of Captain Teague. Morgan climbing steadily out of the water said "So what brings the Keeper but not the other two gents usually in your company. At the mention of the word Keeper, Captain Teague turned to Morgan and says " A seat is up for grabs in a very peculiar way." With a twinkle in his eye and a wink, Captain teague continues while handing the ladies some soft silk cloths to dry off with " A seat at the Pirate Lords table." Molly turned with a sneer, snatched the cloth from Captain Teague's hand and whispers " What does that have to do with us? This is our great grand father's jobs, Morgan and Bartholomew." Captain Teague, ignoring Molly's foul mood, grabbed her right arm and Morgan's left arm and pulled them both in close and whispered back "There are games afoot ladies, your grandfather's and I, are being summoned to ship wreck cove for some unforseen reason that is where i am off to now. I just told Jack to watch his back there is an ill mood in the air today." Molly already pale looked ghost white now "What is it that you ask of us Captain Teague?" Loosening his grip now Captain Teague looked at Molly then Morgan, "So like your granfathers in many ways lasses. I must ask you to represent the Brethren Court in the matter of the poker game inside the Royal Anchor. Jack Sparrow and Jolly Roger are vying for the seat.Be on your best behavior it is rumored that Davy Jones is watching from a far." Morgan did a soundly gulp "The first King of the Brethren Court? Why would he even care Capatin Teague?" Captain Teague turned to walk away and he said over his shoulder " Davy Jones is involved as much as your grand fathers me or now you two.... I am off, good luck ladies. Your first ever official duties as the Iron Cousins is to over see the game and make sure there is no Skull duggery or Shenanigans. If you have too use the M& B poker rules." Turning to face them again in the midst of a very busy marketplace, Captain Teague bowed and sholuted," I WISH YOU WELL IRON COUSINS, WATCH BOTH PLAYERS IN THE GAME!!!!" Molly turned to Morgan and shrugged while still drying her hair, " Why us?"

Back