The "Big Update" of 11/24/11

Hey guys! As you all might've known, the site was down for maintenance last night for 2 hours. Now you might be wondering, What exactly took 2 hours to do?

...That's what I'm about to tell you!

New forums:
POTCO Loot, Ships, and Weapons!
newforums.png

New Subforum for Forum Games and Test News
subforum2.png

subforum.png

You can also put a "prefix" or "tag" at the beginning of your threads for more organization
tagging.png

Also the option to ignore users:
ignore.png

Sorry BB, had to use ya. :p

And there is a new "warning" system for Moderators!

Please be sure to thank our wonderful admin, Davy Darkrage, for all the hard work he puts into this forum!

Thank you Davy!!

There are a few other new things that might not be as noticeable.

Screen Shot 2011-11-25 at 9.16.38 AM.jpg

You may now search through individual threads using the search bar, and a handful of useful searches are included in a dropdown menu.

Screen Shot 2011-11-25 at 9.18.46 AM.jpg

Profile posts are now fully searchable.

Screen Shot 2011-11-25 at 9.14.13 AM.jpg

Clicking the red dots beside conversations, you can now mark conversations as read or unread. There is also a link for this while inside individual conversations.

Screen Shot 2011-11-25 at 9.13.10 AM.jpg

You may now filter conversations.

Screen Shot 2011-11-25 at 9.27.46 AM.jpg

When posting links to YouTube videos, they will now automatically be embedded in your post.

Screen Shot 2011-11-25 at 9.14.19 AM.jpg

When you receive an alert or new conversation message while doing something else on the forums, you will get a notification.

Aside from these, there were a ton of things done to improve the speed and responsiveness of the site, as well as a handful of other small usability improvements, with a few other new things on the way shortly.

If there are any questions, let me know.

Is it just me, or is there a bug with the Name Tags? I am a News Reporter and there is the respective image, but also the words "News Reporter" under it. It’s hard to see but it’s there.

Is it just me, or is there a bug with the Name Tags? I am a News Reporter and there is the respective image, but also the words "News Reporter" under it. It’s hard to see but it’s there.
What browser are you using? I know what's causing this but I don't think it's possible to fix, and the issue won't occur on modern browsers.

Internet Explorer 8
Internet Explorer is the bane of my existence.. I'm afraid there's not much I can do, it's difficult enough supporting IE9. If you have the option I do recommend Google Chrome, or Mozilla Firefox (or anything but IE), though I understand some people prefer IE or simply cannot use something else.

Internet Explorer is the bane of my existence.. I'm afraid there's not much I can do, it's difficult enough supporting IE9. If you have the option I do recommend Google Chrome, or Mozilla Firefox (or anything but IE), though I understand some people prefer IE or simply cannot use something else.

Yeah IE isn't the best of programs. Thanks for the suggestions; I'll take them into careful consideration.

I'd also like to say thank you to the moderators as well as Star and Johnny for making this possible. Over the past few months they've been a tremendous help in marking all of the existing threads with the new [categories] that allowed me to get everything moved into place automatically in a few hours.

:woot: Thank you for a whole lot of updates that now we can see that a whole lot of work has been put into it! Great job Davy, and thanks to Star and JMak as well, and everybody else who has been involved!

Thanks for everything, Davy and everyone else who helped! I know it was a ton of work. I really like the new Youtube automatic embedding system- it makes everything much simpler (this means less embed fails for me.. xD). Also, I love the useful searches option- it will make things much quicker to find. ^_^

Back