Discussion The Black Pearl Boss Battle Needs a SERIOUS Nerf

You are in armed guard so I don't get why you cant find a crew to do this as its a huge guild
This be a true statement but even with a maxed out crew with several high level people the Black Pearl quest does take forever to complete did one with my guild and Dark Archive members not 2 weeks ago full crew and we sunk the first round and barely survived the second round of it.. Even though we were shooting that exact spot you shot in that video nothing was happening at all.

This be a true statement but even with a maxed out crew with several high level people the Black Pearl quest does take forever to complete did one with my guild and Dark Archive members not 2 weeks ago full crew and we sunk the first round and barely survived the second round of it.. Even though we were shooting that exact spot you shot in that video nothing was happening at all.

This is the same experience I’m having. In the video Tiberias sent (very impressive, by the way) his shots were actually doing visible damage to the bridges. Whenever we do it, it takes three shots from all of us to put a chip in the health.

The first battle we did we used all our fury all are lightning and were using round shot on the bridge in that exact spot and it was only half dead..
nearly 300 shots from 12 people...

The first battle we did we used all our fury all are lightning and were using round shot on the bridge in that exact spot and it was only half dead..
nearly 300 shots from 12 people...

Yet other people are able to accomplish it solo if they’ve maxed out... Does having a crew of people make it harder the same way Jolly Roger is stronger if more people are fighting him?

Yet other people are able to accomplish it solo if they’ve maxed out... Does having a crew of people make it harder the same way Jolly Roger is stronger if more people are fighting him?
I don't think it makes it harder the more people on the ship should make it faster.. The crew I had had 7 to 8 maxed pirates in it..

14 levels of Notoriety and 12 of cannon to go then, I suppose. Did you put five skill points into round shot? If so, I need to visit a trainer to get mine redistributed.

Yeah I have 5 points in round shot and was using the master gunner's ram (which adds two more) I didn't notice much difference if I hit the bridge spots with fury or roundshot, even though my fury does twice as much damage than my round shot. So I think its not about your cannon damage as much as it is just hitting the spot with a shot. If that theory holds then it shouldn't matter what level your cannon is as damage doesn't matter. Its the number of times you hit it that counts. So I use roundshot because its got the fastest reload time and I can get the most hits in.
Rapid reload becomes the most important thing.

This is the same experience I’m having. In the video Tiberias sent (very impressive, by the way) his shots were actually doing visible damage to the bridges. Whenever we do it, it takes three shots from all of us to put a chip in the health.
Thanks,

I can say for certain that adding more people doesn't make it harder. I've done this with various groups about 12 times since January and only failed once. In the one case I failed we were in a group of 8 and he driver wouldn't keep the ship still, he kept moving around even when I asked him to keep it steady so I could hit the spots I needed to. Bottom line is if you aren't doing much damage, change your hit location slightly till you find the sweet spot. Never fails. If you aren't doing damage then you are not hitting the same spot I was.

The pearl bridges are acting wonky again. Last night with another person we were just trying out ideas and it took longer than whatever is considered normal to take out the first bridges, then the second ones were not taking damage no matter what I/we did or hit. Used all ammo on just one side. Even tried broadsides.
As we took final damage the other guys asks, "what do we do now?'"
I said, "we sink".

So, for now, the pearl quest seems to be in crap shoot mode. Sometimes the bridges take damage, sometimes not so much. Maybe the moon phases or something.

The pearl bridges are acting wonky again. Last night with another person we were just trying out ideas and it took longer than whatever is considered normal to take out the first bridges, then the second ones were not taking damage no matter what I/we did or hit. Used all ammo on just one side. Even tried broadsides.
As we took final damage the other guys asks, "what do we do now?'"
I said, "we sink".

So, for now, the pearl quest seems to be in crap shoot mode. Sometimes the bridges take damage, sometimes not so much. Maybe the moon phases or something.

Its not just about where you hit the bridges. Its the angle at which you hit them too. Haven't played for a week but went out and did it again.
Was a little rusty so it took me about two minutes longer, but the key I think is lining the ship up so you are gunning in a plane parallel to the bridges and as near normal incidence as possible. I am wondering how many times,I have,to do this before people,realize that in this case the problem lies in the crowd and not the code. Or as Shakespeare put it the fault is not in our stars but in ourselves.

View: https://youtu.be/npWOFV2tc4I

Last edited:
I am just super confused why they switched it from having to hit the buildings to knock down the bridges. I hadn't done it in a while and was super confused when that was the case.

I am just super confused why they switched it from having to hit the buildings to knock down the bridges. I hadn't done it in a while and was super confused when that was the case.
Good question. My inclination, if there isn't a timing thing involved, would be to take out the cannons, then I can take out the bridges at my leisure. Then rinse repeat the next two hurtles. For some reason the boss itself has never been a challenge. But then again I never sit still and let it broadside me either.

I have no idea how they come up with the dynamics of this game. Some make no sense to me.

The things I'm shooting in my video are bridge supports. In theory hitting the bridges themselves should destroy them (not sure if hitting them works or not), but they are actually harder to hit (in my opinion)

14 levels of Notoriety and 12 of cannon to go then, I suppose. Did you put five skill points into round shot? If so, I need to visit a trainer to get mine redistributed.

I can show you what you need to do - Like Tiberias, I have also had the experience of being able to solo the Black Pearl as well (Even though it was completely by accident, I decided I was up for a challenge and ended up completing it) - Just let me know when you are wanting to go through it and ill help you out.

Screenshot (411).pngScreenshot (415).png

I can show you what you need to do - Like Tiberias, I have also had the experience of being able to solo the Black Pearl as well (Even though it was completely by accident, I decided I was up for a challenge and ended up completing it) - Just let me know when you are wanting to go through it and ill help you out.

View attachment 113901View attachment 113903
She already finished it (funny you don't know that her being in your guild) and those screen shots prove nothing.

Your buddies who helped you take the bridges down could easily just have disconnected when you didn't need them anymore.
And sure after watching my video a few times anyone could probably do it, so big deal. That's why I made the video.

Last edited:
She already finished it (funny you don't know that her being in your guild) and those screen shots prove nothing.

Your buddies who helped you take the bridges down could easily just have disconnected when you didn't need them anymore.
And sure after watching my video a few times anyone could probably do it, so big deal. That's why I made the video.

Yes, I did figure out that she had finished the Black Pearl after I had talked with her in guild - glad you were able to add that additional piece of information to me I appreciate it. I would advise that you proceed with caution in your direct and yet snarky comment that you had decided to post as well.

Last edited:
Back