The brethren court (public voice/text chat for all to join!)

SkullBibble

Swashbuckler
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen!
I've been on this forum for quite a while, for the obvious reason that I love Potco as I assume all of you do. Since being here I've noticed a, to say the least, tightly knit and dedicated community that brings a smile to my face unlike any other. But I have not seen one thing since joining (or if so I've missed it) and that is a public voice chat! So I want to take it upon myself to make it so!
So what makes this chat special?
Well first of all anyone can join! As long as you have an interest in the game we all know and love I welcome you with open arms. No exceptions will be made for anyone's race, religion, gender or age. The only reason you'd get kicked out is for just blatant harassment. And I know what you could be thinking "But I dont get along with X" or "I don't like little kids" and you have no reason to worry! There will be multiple voice channel for varying events/reasons and more will be added over time depending on the population of the chat. Moreover there will be a 18+ channel that will be, obvious to the name, be restricted to 18+ only. And this is among several other channels that can be used for other games as well.
What's the endgame/goal?
Well the overall endgame is to make a smaller version of this great community to make it even better than it already is. My goals are quite simple for the end game:
  1. Make a community that can have a great number of people to interact with each other and make new friends with.
  2. Enable players whom are shy/new to the game be able to make friends,join crews, ect fast.
  3. Add the ability to talk to other crew/guild members for easier communication and in my opinion a better experience.
  4. (On the off chance that any dev/mod/admin/staff is crazy or kind enough to join) allow easier communication between the staff and players in direct contact.
  5. Be able to create community events/raids with ease.
Overall my goal is to allow others to enjoy this game to the fullest possibility and make many friends along the way via this chat.
What are the rules?
The rules are mostly straight forward and easy to understand, in no way they should be broken from its sheer ease. Warning/kick/ban will be decided by admin/mods.
  1. Don't attack people on a personal level. Cussing is fine and doesn't count in any way but attacking someone on a personal level (i.e. Racism,***ism, ect) is by far breaking this rule.
  2. Don't beg people for anything. (i.e. roles, items, games, ect)
  3. If you have a question just ask me, if I'm online then available to ask.
And that's it. Not hard to follow in the slightest. Rules can be added but as it stands for now not likely.
How to join?
Well simply click this link >> https://discord.gg/RXnTKfa << to join and your in! If you haven't used discord before then simply put it's basically the better version of skype that contains multiple text/voice channels and you do not need to download it but simply run it in browser (or course you can run discord as it's own program as well).

And that's basically everything I can think of. Hope to see people on soon! Also side notes I'm in need of mods on the server and if you are a staff on here and join tell me (with proof) and i'll make you an admin/mod.

Oh one little thing I forgot to mention!
If you have a a guild you can have your own separate channel for your group, just ask and I shall make it.

I joined, but I wish everyone on IRC would so we can voice while we play :)

It's like Curse, where you can type chat and make ur own channels. Only takes a minute to install or u can just use it in ur browser.

I think this is a really good idea. Could there be a possibility channels could be added for guilds that wanted to use the voice server? It would definitely save them the money and it can bring everyone closer to the community. I probably would not use the voice server myself because I have severe anxiety, and I can't handle being on a large voice server like that, but I would certainly other people know about it.

I think this is a really good idea. Could there be a possibility channels could be added for guilds that wanted to use the voice server? It would definitely save them the money and it can bring everyone closer to the community. I probably would not use the voice server myself because I have severe anxiety, and I can't handle being on a large voice server like that, but I would certainly other people know about it.
Yes actually! We will add private chats for guilds to use on their own!
Also I understand that the voice chat can be an issue in that case but feel free to join in now because the most ive seen in call is ~5 and usually it's like 2-3. Not to mention there are various voice channels so if you dont wanna join a big one they you join one of the other channels for communication with a smaller number.

Not to mention there are various voice channels so if you dont wanna join a big one they you join one of the other channels for communication with a smaller number.

If you see a friend but there are too many people on that channel, you can even PM your friend to go to a private channel with you :)

And group typing chat still stays on top so everyone stays in that conversation together no matter which voice channel they're on. It's pretty cool.

Back