Discussion The Corsairs...

William Goldhawk

Wanted Pirate
In TLOPO I been realizing that the EITC Corsairs are overpowered. Just one broadside of TNT sunk my warbrig in one hit. Does anyone else have this problem? Did anyone else sink in just one broadside from them? Let me know.

I know for a fact in POTCO they could sink War Galleons (10,800 armour) in one broadside, War Brigs (12,000) aren't too far off, in the context of an explosive's damage. Doesn't surprise me at all. Only reason I dunno about War Brigs is because I played before they existed.

Corsairs have always been the toughest adversary of the regular enemy ships, ounce for ounce. Juggernauts are just as deadly, but much larger and more powerful. They both can sink ya easy if the full broadside hits.
In addition to that excitement, yer always gonna have crew mates shooting at everything in the water, expecting the capn to make miracles happen. And yes, the crew will always shoot at the Corsairs...
A good capn will balance the crew's exuberance with the deadliness of Corsairs. Tell the gunners to stay on one side, and always position the ship so the Corsairs are on the other.
A good war brig can easily take out a Corsair, if the shot hits.
Otherwise, RUN!
Savor it!

Oh YES ! Corsairs where as Deadly In POTCO as here ! that's why I go play with Black Harbingers and Death Omens !! ARRrrrrr :)

Actually, Juggernauts have less range than the Corsair... I noticed on a few occasions that the corsair had almost the range and a half the Juggernaut had... So I think the Corsair is OP... but it's needed... Just amp up the loot from it, please! XD

Actually, Juggernauts have less range than the Corsair... I noticed on a few occasions that the corsair had almost the range and a half the Juggernaut had... So I think the Corsair is OP... but it's needed... Just amp up the loot from it, please! XD
That's because enemy broadsides don't lock on in TLOPO, and War Frigates have hulls very low to the water. Since explosives have a high weight they hit the water much quicker from a War Frigate.

When enemy broadsides lock on (like in POTCO) that doesn't matter, and they'll all have better range actually.

That's because enemy broadsides don't lock on in TLOPO, and War Frigates have hulls very low to the water. Since explosives have a high weight they hit the water much quicker from a War Frigate.

When enemy broadsides lock on (like in POTCO) that doesn't matter, and they'll all have better range actually.

DARN YOU PHYSICS AND STUFF!

Back