The Drop Rate Of Bones & New Item Discussion! (Hollowed Woods)

Want to see more analysis threads of weapons and loot?

• Yes! - Very interesting information and helped a lot!

Votes: 57 87.7%
  • Nah. - Pretty much knew all this.

Votes: 8 12.3%

• Total voters

Charles Warmonk

Wiki Staff
Hollowed Woods Expansion has been out for a few days now. However, I just wanted to give some information that might be useful for you looters who are looking for the new Lava Staff and Voodoo Doll to discuss if it is worth getting as well! However, I will go over the tips about getting Bones as well! :D

Firstly, I will go over the basics of Bone drops. You can only loot Small bones from Pouches, Large Bones from Chests, and Haunted Bones from Skulls. However, there are also limits to how many bones you can find per type and per drop. As well as a cap on how MANY bones your pirate can hold within your inventory. Drops are as followed...

Small Bones: 1-20 Max
Large Bones: 1-15 Max
Haunted Bones: 1-5 Max (Updated)

Bones can only be obtained by 3 enemy types:
1. Skeletons (Anywhere)
2. Tormenta Enemies (Excluding Crabs)
3. Jumbee & All 3 Bosses found within the new Area (Anywhere within Hollowed Woods)

EDIT: The cap I have reached so far in the 3 new types of bones are...
20,000 Small Bones
20,000 Large Bones
1,000 Haunted Bones so far (No Cap Reached)
(Screenshots in comments)

latest

Moving onto the Lava Staff, Staff of Water & Forbidden Voodoo Doll is it worth spending the bones on? Let's look at the benefits of why you would want them?

Lava Staff Expectations: WORTH! - Most Powerful Staff In The Game!
latest

It gives you a +3 Flaming skull. I have tested every buff you can have on it from Potion 30% boost and someone next to you using Dark Aura. You still CANNOT one shot the Tormenta Bridge (Disappointing...) However, this does not mean the Staff is not worth getting. It is currently one of only 2 staffs in the game. making it an excellent item for a collector of rare loot. As well as still the most POWERFUL staff in the game in terms of stats and rarity. I would recommend this staff to any 'professional' looter.

Staff of Water: Situational - If You Help Others.
latest

The Water Staff is similar to Lava staff in terms of stats & attack. However, Banish is unfortunately a very weak skill even with a +3 boost and is limited to the situations it can be useful in. (The only one being farming Darkhart) The only way I would suggest a pirate investing 30 Haunted bones into this staff is if they wanted to take advantage of the Rank 3 Warding Aura which is the ONLY part of this staff I find worth it's value in my honest opinion. The Warding Aura boost if it is working correctly could decrease a target's incoming damage between 10-30% if my information is correct. This would be a very useful staff for you to use if your guild mates/friends are having trouble tanking a boss or group of enemies!

Forbidden Voodoo Doll: No - Collector's Item Only
latest

I hate to be crew about it.... but the fact is the only saving grace of this item is it's attune boost that is "eye catching" but really only useful in ONE situation... leveling. I know what you must be thinking.... "But it has Dark curse! It Has Poke +3! It can target 2 more targets!!!" I get it.... but honestly... When you're using doll you're only LEVELING it or HEALING with it. That's it. Leveling with 7 targets instead of 5 is great and all, but you can't use it till level 27 anyways :/ and the Dark Curse is oddly only rank 2. So it will take a bit to level and get your ghost form ready, that's if you even take hits using DOLL. As far as the healing goes? Since the item does not have a HEALING boost, you're splitting your non-boosted healing 7 WAYS! In short, I would not suggest getting this doll besides for the fact you can say you HAVE this doll... I will admit though, it looks cool! ^_^

I really hope this thread helped you out and please tell me your thoughts on what I've discussed! :D

Last edited:
Today I left all quest and started to collect Haunted bones for famed staff at tormenta and hallowed woods . I got 15 skull chest . Cool!!
But I found none of them had atleast 1 Haunted bone loooool !!!!
Did they remove Haunted bones !?!
I hope this will be solved quickly :)

Wait, ;) those weapons doesn't appear in game right xD hhhhhhhh?? I want them because I'm Tony ^_^ everything has to be mine

Maybe I'm just unlucky, but the wreck room didn't get me any skulls so far. I'll keep trying, but am wondering if there was a specific method you used to get skulls or whatever, cuz it seems outrageous how quickly you got your bones

Back