Glitch the end of the world glitch!!!!!!!

but if need an extra hand when sailing, the edge is a nice option.

Don't encourage them!

Real pirates sink warships without the edge, or a level 4 ship!
You guys need to learn to dodge cannon fire, its now or never! If you don't you will get owned by them even though you have a level 4 or 5 ship then ragequit!

For example a few days ago I was fighting a warship on my war brig, I was on low graphics so I couldn't even see explosives (They are microscopic on low graphics! Try it! I dare you!) but I was dodging most of them, then I took an entire broadside, sunk instantly, along with my entire crew of 12! And if your just going to sail a safe distance, then fire at them, why are you using the edge in the first place?
You won't make use of the upgrades anyways! Well unless its svs...
But its cheating! Cheating I say!

I can do both ways very nicely. The edge is NOT a glitch. Been there since 2009, per my experience, and most likely even before. Again, friends (and I) in old guild would allow ships to tell us ALL THE WAY out there just to "surf" as we called it and have fun--bored I suppose.

Tell me one thing I have to do special to make it work besides sail to the end and press my little right arrow key. I'm waiting......

I use edge when I have crew that has little power. Helps them rep, keeps me from having to worry about anything.

Give me a crew with 2/3 rev ram fury gunners that are close to max pirates and I dont even consider edge, most times. No need for it.

The edge has been there since day one imo. Disney does NOT see it as a gltich, or else they woulda "prolly" fixed it by now. If they don't see it as a glitch, I know I don't.

It is a legitimate part of the game. Use it as you will.

Don't encourage them!
Haha I'm not trying to encourage anyone. Regardless of what we think, people sailing the edge is inevitable. We are in a day in age when people like to make the game a little easier. I still sail normally, but if someone is sailing the edge, I still wouldn't mind gunning.

I can share with ye mates that I used to do the END OF THE WORLD glitch (or whatever ye want to call it) but...I came to realize that you only live ONCE (1) so...ye might as well "enjoy" the challenge, make the best of it, and sail normally (as intended by POTCO) because really...
:pirate ship:
...what the heck else do ye have to do with yer time, savvy? :p

I won't protest if another pirate uses it. But, be warned about my ships - I won't so you'll have to earn those materials. When crew ask me to do it, I tell them 'it's just not sport.' Or as Hook would say, 'bad form!' And aye to learning how to avoid incoming fire either by switching directions to fool the gunners or quick use of skills to evade incoming explosives.

In my opinion end of the world, glitch or not, should not be frowned upon. Everyone has their own set of skills. Me for example on a really good day, sailing normally, i'm able to take the hunters until the warships come. I am not a very good sailor and sometimes use end of the world in order to help me get mats. some people excel in pvp and are able to be jumpers. In my opinion if you are good at sailing go for it old school but if not and you need some help go for end of the world. That being said I don't condone actual glitches but for end of the world I just don't see a problem with it.

I need to get better at that. but whats a fast way to get gold??

Fastest gold in game is cheat at blackjack on Padres(750 gold per ace). I have made 180k gold in 3-4 hours a bunch of times.

Edge of the world is not a glitch, it is a Exploit! It was discovered by accident on test when Scoundrels of the Seas was released. It was used on test to get materials during the Ship Customization update. Small crews could get materials easy this way, with little to no skill involved.The two test pirates that co-discovered this were Edward Edgemenance, and Black.

Me I will never use it. It is bad enough to grind it out on a cannon, I'd eat my pistol before I did it at the wheel. No fun in it, no challenge in it. I free sail hunters and warships using tactics, and the fighting spirit of my crews.

btw, an exploit is using a game dynamic not intended by the developers to change the outcome of an encounter.

I need to get better at that. but whats a fast way to get gold??
Let's not go off-topic from the purpose of the thread, savvy?
Edge of the world is not a glitch, it is a Exploit!

btw, an exploit is using a game dynamic not intended by the developers to change the outcome of an encounter.
Took me a long time to realize this but, you're right. :iagree:

Can anyone give me any tips on how to pull this off? I've tried following the directions a couple of times, but I just can't seem to get it! :(

I see the end of world sailing as a low level training ground much like smaller areas of Tortuga or Port Royal. After you gain sailing ability and practice, then you can be more efficient sinking hunters and war in open water. In my opinion, it is no more of a glitch than defeating the same small group of enemies over and over when plundering or leveling. You could argue that sailing at the edge should be "fixed". But I could also argue that it should take 10 minutes for enemies to regenerate forcing us to be more creative when plundering.

I do agree that when sailing, it is much more fun and satisfying to sink ships in open water for both the captain and crew. In my opinion, it is also more fun to plunder in various areas rather than defeating Darkhart over and over.

Chingu, the glitch works no matter what direction you go. You just keep going until the game says you are at the edge of the world. Your ship can no longer move forward. Hunters can not quite go as far, so you merely turn a little left or right and your ship will slide along the edge. The hunter will maintain distance and your crew can get free shots.

Personally I do not use this glitch but I won't disrespect any who do. If I'm on your ship and you're using it, I will still gun for you. But, on the Crimson Widow my gunners work for it, no free lunches.

And to me, sitting on the edge waiting for the hunters to sail to their deaths is incredibly boring. Yes, we risk getting sunk and my ship gets a few new holes in it, but its much more entertaining and both me and my frigate love to brawl.

Chingu, the glitch works no matter what direction you go. You just keep going until the game says you are at the edge of the world. Your ship can no longer move forward. Hunters can not quite go as far, so you merely turn a little left or right and your ship will slide along the edge. The hunter will maintain distance and your crew can get free shots.

Personally I do not use this glitch but I won't disrespect any who do. If I'm on your ship and you're using it, I will still gun for you. But, on the Crimson Widow my gunners work for it, no free lunches.

And to me, sitting on the edge waiting for the hunters to sail to their deaths is incredibly boring. Yes, we risk getting sunk and my ship gets a few new holes in it, but its much more entertaining and both me and my frigate love to brawl.

I gotta gun aboard your ship! ;)

There are many ways to "fix" this. You of course have to have a border or else you would be sailing for eternity.
  • When you reach the edge of the ocean, you will have to turn around in a certain amount of time or else your ship will sink.
  • When you reach the edge, a pop-up message will say something like, "Turn around these are dangerous waters" if you keep on sailing past a certain point, your ship will sink.
  • When you reach the edge, and an enemy ship is following you they will be able to one shot your ship. This could still allow people to use exploit it, because you almost never get hit when using it.
All relatively easy to code, but I doubt that will motivate Disney.

If warnings or auto sinking were used, I would prefer to see some humor like an animation of Davy Jones or the kraken popping up to take the ship under.

Or simply less loot/ rep at the edge.

Back