The eSports boom.

MarkPlankwalker

Pirate Master
eSports?
I realized my 3rd favorite sport (<3 xc & track) hasn't been talked about here yet. eSports or competitive video gaming. This thing is absolutely HUGE events booking out having tens of thousands of people. Some of the most popular events being CSGO, Call of Duty, and Dota.

Players and teams?
There'd small teams, big teams there's even few collegiate teams popping up. And anyone can make a team and join any tournament (except COD series) a long as you're semi-competent. Teams get sponsors to pay for things and pay for a team house for the team to live in. These guys can even get athlete travel visas for overseas tournaments.

Tournaments?
Tournaments are HUGE there prize pools from $2,500 to $1mil the streams attract around 35mil viewz while the even itself can be up to 100k attendance.

My personal favorite team is Team Kaliber what's yours?

I don't have a favorite team but regarding the title, eSports now receive scholarships from *some* universities, not all yet. Of course, you must be pretty skilled to get one but for anyone that didn't know this, there is a possible scholarship waiting out there for you! eSports aren't my thing personally but it's cool to see another form of entertainment (I don't quite agree that it's a sport, more so a competitive game but that's just my opinion, not fact) earning scholarships which gives people another avenue to showcase their talent. eSports growth is quite interesting to track actually. It's almost rising at the rate of soccer in America.

I don't have a favorite team but regarding the title, eSports now receive scholarships from *some* universities, not all yet. Of course, you must be pretty skilled to get one but for anyone that didn't know this, there is a possible scholarship waiting out there for you! eSports aren't my thing personally but it's cool to see another form of entertainment (I don't quite agree that it's a sport, more so a competitive game but that's just my opinion, not fact) earning scholarships which gives people another avenue to showcase their talent. eSports growth is quite interesting to track actually. It's almost rising at the rate of soccer in America.
Golf is a sport lol

I like FaZe Clan's CS:GO team. I've been following the core of the team for two years, I'll list some of their previous rosters, maybe you recognize a name or two.

Team Kinguin:
Rain
ScreaM
Maikelele
fox
Dennis

Team G2

Rain

It's only becoming a big hit now, but I'm LOVING Overwatch League ESports. I'm a huge fan of the Florida Mayhem (Home team rep!) and also taking up some favorings in the Boston Uprising and Los Angeles Valiant!

Back