Question The fastest way for farming/looting

Stambun

Dockworker
Hi. I tried to find some simple guides or tips, without great succes.
What can you advice me? I read a lot, and I found one great article about farming, but Farming in Albion Online

Last edited:
What can you advice me?
Come back in a few months when tlopo has more of the game fixed?

If not taking a break, just do a search on the forums using 'looting'. There are many threads.

What can you advice me?

The "fastest" way for looting/farming is knowing what item you want and limiting you options of getting anything else.

Go to https://piratesonline.fandom.com/wiki/Famed_Items and you find the item you are really wanting and look at what level it takes to get it. For example if you really wanted Dragoon's Bayonet (requires level 25 gun to use) the fastest way would be to immediately unlock gun and begin exclusively leveling to gun until you get gun level 20. You can loot items if your weapon level is within 5 levels of using the weapon. By eliminating other weapon skills and having the requisite 20 gun, and farming at the relevant location (here it would be at Dragoons), your options for famed are considerably lower than someone who has everything maxed. The only famed you would be able to get are Lucky Charm, Golden Charm (can't avoid them), Scoundrel's Pistol, Bush Master's Pistol, War Bayonet, potentially Veteran's Bayonet as well as Officer's Bayonet's but those are so rare I'm not sure if they are exclusively found at the Navy with the related name, Shark Sticker Bayonet, and two maybe three other items. That's it -- the entire loot pool competing against your sought after Dragoon's Bayonet.

How would you kill the Navy if you only have level 20 gun (and don't want to level beyond that as that would unlock more potential weapons you could get)? Other than using Bayonet stab, which would continue to level your gun, you can use Grenade (no famed drops other than in Winter Holiday Event) and once you are level 30 Staff (which likewise doesn't drop famed outside of event situations).

Also picking up where things drop, like Executioner's Pistol only drops at Skeletons (which is why I didn't list it above) or Dragoon's Bayonet at Dragoons, Admiral's Cutlass from sailing skulls, Sapphire Curse at Jimmy Legs is needed for knowing how best to loot for what you want.

If you aren't looking for something particular then fighting red tag enemies in as large of numbers as you can efficiently kill or looting in large (or just reasonably fast if you are lower level so you have time to land a hit) groups at the red tag Bosses. If you want a famed roughly level 20 and higher in a weapon you will start seeing them, but you can get them earlier (ie. War Scatter requires 21 gun to use, so you can get it starting at level 16 gun). For a legendary, Lost Sword of El Patron requires 22 sword to get, Behemoth Blade 23 to get, and I think there is another that is lower than normal but it isn't coming to mind, but otherwise 25+ relevant weapon level for a legend.

Last edited:
Loot, loot, and loot some more it's purely rng so you never really know when you're going to get what is seen as valuable from most players.

Back