Announcement The First Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Star

Fantabulous Administrator
Admin
Ahoy Forums Family!

With the Holiday Season approaching,
we thought we would celebrate the entire month of December!

For the First Sunday, we are asking you to share what
your favorite toy was growing up.

For those who share, you will receive your very own snow globe

Snowglobe.png

Thank you for sharing!!

A special thanks to @Irene
Thread will close next Sunday

snow globe
noun
noun: snow globe; plural noun: snow globes; noun: snowglobe; plural noun: snowglobes
  1. a toy or ornament consisting of a model of a scene in a liquid containing white particles that, when shaken, mimic a snowstorm.
SG.gif

Wow, not sure if I can pick just one. Guess mine go in stages according to age. When I was very young it was Strawberry Shortcake, then Rainbow Brite and My Little Ponies, then Barbie. Keep in mind, I'm 37, so I'm talking about the originals here (except Barbie, though I do have the original Peaches and Cream Barbie). Funny, I still have my old toys in the attic.

My favorite board game though was The Game of Life. Never owned one till youngest son got it for Christmas last year. Still love it!

I loved Thomas the Tank Engine and train sets when I was little. I could spend what felt like forever setting up train tracks, then eventually tearing them apart and starting all over.

I also distinctly remember having one Thomas the Tank Engine VHS tape that I would watch over and over. Those were the days.

:Christmaspirate:

One of my old faves were Clackers. For those that don't know what those are, here's some Wiki info on them:

"Clackers (also known as Clankers, Ker-Bangers, and numerous other names) consisted of two plastic spheres suspended on string which, when swung up and down, banged against each other, making a clacking sound. Clackers are similar in appearance to bolas, the Argentinian weapon.

They are formed out of two hard plastic balls, each about two inches (5 cm) in diameter, attached to a tab with a sturdy string. The player holds the tab with the balls hanging below and through up-and-down hand motion makes the two balls swing apart and back together, making the clacking noise that gives the toy its name. With practice one can make the balls swing so that they knock together both above and below the hand."

Sounds a little dangerous? You know it, eventually this happened:

"Clackers were taken off the market in the United States when reports came out of children becoming injured while playing with them. Fairly heavy and fast-moving, and made of hard acrylic plastic, the balls would occasionally shatter upon striking each other. In the United States, they were classed as a "mechanical hazard" in United States v. Article Consisting of 50,000 Cardboard Boxes More or Less, Each Containing One Pair of Clacker Balls."

My favorite toy would have to be a stuffed lion I got for my 4th birthday I think. Some of my earliest memories of me as a child were just hanging out with him. I pretended that he was my pet and I named him Leo. I usually just had Leo rampage all over my other toys like Godzilla would :p After I got bored of that, I just usually had him around no matter what I was doing like watching cartoons or reading books. Even when I went to sleep xD I don't really know what happened to Leo, but I do know how much joy he brought me when I was young :D

I had (and still have) a beautiful dollhouse. I remember entering it in dollhouse shows (yes that was a thing). I would spend hours decorating it and making furniture for it. It was my favorite indoor toy/collectible to tinker with.

Now, for outside fun, I loved my rollerskates (before they had pads and helmets...pfft) We'd spend all summer outside skating, skateboarding and biking, building ramps, doing tricks etc.

And no summertime bbq was complete without a rousing game of LawnDarts! Like the Clackers mentioned above, Steel pointed Lawn Darts were eventually recalled, which I cant imagine why. Boy they sure don't make them like they used to! :hobbyhorse::knockout:

My favorite toy while growing up? A gourd lamp. The ideal company for a Pumpkin!
Ok... enough of playing with names..

I still keep a plush animal that used to be my favorite toy when I was very very very little. At least, my parents told me it was my favorite. But I was too young when I played with it. I dont really remember playing.

Before i die i want u to know my favourite toy was always the b...:skullpeak:.

:D np my favourite toy was my cat, cuz she had 16lifes, but she was so unlucky, some one crush her with a 4x4 car, i am sorry for her. That is not fair :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back