Announcement The First Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.
My favorite toys were my zwibble dibbles. When I was 4 I got one that was 4 ft tall for Christmas. That was pretty much the highlight of my existence at that point.

One of my old faves were Clackers. For those that don't know what those are, here's some Wiki info on them:

"Clackers (also known as Clankers, Ker-Bangers, and numerous other names) consisted of two plastic spheres suspended on string which, when swung up and down, banged against each other, making a clacking sound. Clackers are similar in appearance to bolas, the Argentinian weapon.

They are formed out of two hard plastic balls, each about two inches (5 cm) in diameter, attached to a tab with a sturdy string. The player holds the tab with the balls hanging below and through up-and-down hand motion makes the two balls swing apart and back together, making the clacking noise that gives the toy its name. With practice one can make the balls swing so that they knock together both above and below the hand."

Sounds a little dangerous? You know it, eventually this happened:

"Clackers were taken off the market in the United States when reports came out of children becoming injured while playing with them. Fairly heavy and fast-moving, and made of hard acrylic plastic, the balls would occasionally shatter upon striking each other. In the United States, they were classed as a "mechanical hazard" in United States v. Article Consisting of 50,000 Cardboard Boxes More or Less, Each Containing One Pair of Clacker Balls."
I remember those and enjoyed them very much although I was a bit older. But still they were a blast!

Favorite toy... oh gosh, this is gonna be hard.

Well, as a young child probably my stuffed Winnie the Pooh. As a teenager my PS2 or my guitar (hey, guitars can be toys too! :p).

EDIT: Also forgot, LEGOs. Those were a major part of my childhood. Still have lots of them on display too.

Hmmm..... Favorite toy?

This is a tough call. Hands down though, I've gotta pick that one Lego set of the Black Pearl. Was by far one of the coolest LEGO sets I'd ever owned. Still have it on display somewhere, now that I think about it.....

My favorite toy I ever got for christmas was our family's nintendo 64, with the Ocarina of Time copy!
Also, the one time I went to disneyland, I got a pirates chest/flag/ring/sword and it was pretty cool! ~2005ish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back