The Flying Dutchman of Isla Tormenta?

Have I convinced you?

• Yes, definitely!

• It is quite possible, but we will just have to see.

• I don't think it will happen, but maybe.

• It will never happen.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Squidgallows

Honorable Pirate
When exploring the Cursed Caverns of Isla Tormenta, I came across reminents of a ship buried between the mossy rocks. Is this the legendary Flying Dutchman, or just another ship that got caught in a riptide. Aye, this be the Dutchman, and here's why....

A normal pirate ship can't get through and into the Cursed Caverns. It would have to go under the water and find its way through a tunnel of caves that eventually lead to the surface where the ship was found. This can happen via erosin, but it would take hundreds of years. The grand age of pirating took place for about 200 years long. No ship like that would find its way down here that quickly. But do you know what ship can go underwater? The Flying Dutchman.

Why would the Dutchman be here? This is an easy answer. Every ten years, Davy Jones can go on land and plunder around. If he was in the caves at the surface hole, he could step onto the poop deck and observe the land. He has no reason to go back to sea, so why wait and suffer under the cold water, when you can just create a base in the caverns. Once ten years is over, he can step on land right there! He doesn't have to waste time sailing to another island when he has land there.

Proof he resides down here? His minions. In the caves, we see a bunch of cursed pirates who are obviously a part of his crew. Why would they be down here if not to scout the land and bring treasure back to Davy Jones himself? Checkmate athiest

So will Davy Jones come out to fight one day? Perhaps. Considering a year in the game would be about 3 months, maybe he could come out then. But who knows? I guess we will just have to wait...

When exploring the Cursed Caverns of Isla Tormenta, I came across reminents of a ship buried between the mossy rocks. Is this the legendary Flying Dutchman, or just another ship that got caught in a riptide. Aye, this be the Dutchman, and here's why....

A normal pirate ship can't get through and into the Cursed Caverns. It would have to go under the water and find its way through a tunnel of caves that eventually lead to the surface where the ship was found. This can happen via erosin, but it would take hundreds of years. The grand age of pirating took place for about 200 years long. No ship like that would find its way down here that quickly. But do you know what ship can go underwater? The Flying Dutchman.

Why would the Dutchman be here? This is an easy answer. Every ten years, Davy Jones can go on land and plunder around. If he was in the caves at the surface hole, he could step onto the poop deck and observe the land. He has no reason to go back to sea, so why wait and suffer under the cold water, when you can just create a base in the caverns. Once ten years is over, he can step on land right there! He doesn't have to waste time sailing to another island when he has land there.

Proof he resides down here? His minions. In the caves, we see a bunch of cursed pirates who are obviously a part of his crew. Why would they be down here if not to scout the land and bring treasure back to Davy Jones himself? Checkmate athiest

So will Davy Jones come out to fight one day? Perhaps. Considering a year in the game would be about 3 months, maybe he could come out then. But who knows? I guess we will just have to wait...
Interesting theory. Although it is most likely just a ship from a fleet. all of the pieces are smaller than that of the Dutchman. Never the less this sounds S I C

Maybe i may be wrong on this, correct me if I'm wrong. But couldn't his other cursed ships like the phantoms and revanants go underwater, or could only the Dutchman do that?

Well, anything is possible. The occupants of Tormenta are sea-people, much like one would find on the Dutchman. However, since the Flying Dutchman is a cursed ship and not wrecked, as it cannot be sunk, it's highly unlikely the shipwreck in the caves is the one and only. But like I said, anything is possible. As for the poll and convincing me, that was never an option.

Well, anything is possible. The occupants of Tormenta are sea-people, much like one would find on the Dutchman. However, since the Flying Dutchman is a cursed ship and not wrecked, as it cannot be sunk, it's highly unlikely the shipwreck in the caves is the one and only. But like I said, anything is possible. As for the poll and convincing me, that was never an option.
So the Dutchman cannot be sunk?

So the Dutchman cannot be sunk?
The Flying Dutchman is a legendary ghost ship that can never make port and is doomed to sail the oceans forever.
From what I recall hearing back in the day, Storm Island (aka Isla Tormenta) is indeed the home of the Flying Dutchman's crew, and was originally intended to have the entire cave flooded in water, much like the numerous pools one finds there, (ultimately dry land was also included), since the crew cannot set foot on dry land.

Yes, The Flying Dutchman can't be sunk. Even if it did sink, then it would just rise back from the depths of the sea and continue roaming forever. There are I believe three or four ships inside of Cursed Caverns, which is most likely E.I.T.C and/or Navy personnel trying to steal the treasure.

This is actually incorrect. It is the duty of The Flying Dutchman to (I forget exactly, but it involves sinking ships out in the ocean and stuff), so he couldn't possibly have just anchored forever without losing the powers of The Flying Dutchman, which would kill him since the captain has no heart.

Hey, guys I found this part interesting in the BP quest line!

''Spineskulls were the brains behind stealing the
rudder, something they plan to use once they
get the Flying Dutchman seaworthy again.''

Honestly I don't know if the Flying Dutchman is hidden somewhere in the ''Cursed Cavern'' Isla Tormenta
but we can all agree it's full with shipwrecks everywhere.

This sure is an interesting theory! It would be pretty awesome if Davy Jones himself came to fight us pirates, because I'm sure he knows he can't beat us.

I'm not at all sure how to vote on this. The Flying Dutchman is certainly related to Tormenta but there are multiple shipwrecks on Tormenta which to my mind are much more likely to be victims of the Dutchman than the actual Dutchman which is a ghost ship not a wreck. I definitely support the concept of adding the Dutchman to the game and somehow relating it to Tormenta.

it is actually a ship Graveyard or the victims of the Flying Dutchman but if you look closely at this part ''get the Flying Dutchman seaworthy again.'' that means the Ghost ship is possible to be Damaged lol.

I got an idea or two.
Davy Jones Boss
Level 50-60.

Drops consist of swords of all kinds. And his location in the caves means Cursed Blades are also in the drop table.
Due to his level, stronger than Smasho(?)
Could potentially summon minions.
The Flying Dutchman
Level 50 Legendary Ship

Just a harder Queen Anne's.
Davy Jones could replace LaChafe.
Unique drop: Some kind of better charm?

Back