Event  The Forum's End of the Summer Party!

Do we need to have a FORUMS END OF SUMMER PARTY?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JadeOHayes

Site Founder
The million dollar question for today:

meh2.png

Alright, we want to hear from you. YOU - the Forums' member - decide, whether we need to have another get together very soon, or not at all. Yes, that's why John was scratching his head up there ... ;) because we were not sure.

There have been voices out there requesting me to host a party for the Forums. I have planned to do it, but I will not do it unless a lot of people like the idea and will actually attend it. We have a few other events this weekend, so there will be party after party ... it can get 'ordinary' having so many parties at such a short spand. We would like it to be special, so please voice your opinion when will be the good time to do it, if it is necessary to have one at all.

Please answer the poll, and post some suggestions below. I have some detail ideas that will be a surprise when the party takes place, but here are some general ideas of what we might be doing:

- Treasure collection: Raven's Cove or Tormenta raid, ended with looting on one spot.
- Pirating fun: Mayhem bar raid or piratey word lingo or hide-and-go-seek
- Athletic challenge: Biathlon (running and swimming) as a crew around an island and/or sea sprint - crew competition, whichever team reports back first wins
- Sailing: Scoundrel of the Seas, possibly as crew competition - whichever team reports back first wins

Remember, there will be more details that just what are listed. And those include, photo sessions, swimming, glitching (maybe ...), answering riddles, outfit to wear, and so on. Some activities that are in the form of competitions, will have judge(s) to report back to. The entire event should not take more than 2 (two) hours. You may invite as many friends as possible from outside the Forums, and introduce your friends to this wonderdful Forums (so that they might join in the future!). Which activities we are going to have, depend entirely on YOUR DECISION.

The official announcement on Who, When, Where and Why will be posted later on this thread after we receive some feedback from you. Please follow this thread to keep you updated.

Thank you, guys! :D

Why a saturday D: I work at the local theater... Saturdays are work days D:

I does not have to be on Saturday. However, whatever day we end up picking, it has to come from concensus; the majority of voices. We certainly can't grant everybody's wish, but we are open for suggestion. Saturday just seems to be the day that the majority of ppl of the Forums is available.

Please post what day or time if you think of something other what is listed above. If nobody suggests anything, we would assume that Saturday afternoon or evening is available for most of us. Tentative time is 5 pm EST, 4 pm Central, 3 pm Mountain, 2 pm PST, all USA time zones (please find a conversion for your area). Poll is closed one week from today, on August 11.

Can we have it round 2pm pst so us peeps in the Uk can some

i don't think I'll be able to make it on the weekend ( it depends of the time)
but I might be able to make it on a week day ( also depends of the time)
I'll try my best to make it

Aye, I'll make it.... so where's my million dollars? :p

- brings a bulldozer full of pennies worth 1 million dollars and dumps it on Basil - There!
- climbs on the hill of pennies - Are you ok down there? :D

Can we have it round 2pm pst so us peeps in the Uk can some

Well, that's a very good reason to set up the time, Simon ... Sure, we would like to have our members in the UK to be able to attend (and I hope they will if we set our time as you asked).
i don't think I'll be able to make it on the weekend ( it depends of the time)
but I might be able to make it on a week day ( also depends of the time)
I'll try my best to make it

This is tricky. The way we see it, a lot of ppl are still working in the afternoon and some students already went back to school and are still at school in the afternoon. So for week day, we'd have to have evening time, meaning members in Europe would not be able to attend (that's their bedtime). For weekend, we have more flexible time for more members to be able to make it. The most possible time would be Saturday and Sunday actually. We will wait for more input, but date and time will have to be set before the poll is closed, so that members can plan ahead to save that time in between their own real life activities.

Well, that's a very good reason to set up the time, Simon ... Sure, we would like to have our members in the UK to be able to attend (and I hope they will if we set our time as you asked).

I'd love to attend a weekend party (I missed the last forum party). Any time works for me. I vote for looting as an activity.

This is tricky. The way we see it, a lot of ppl are still working in the afternoon and some students already went back to school and are still at school in the afternoon. So for week day, we'd have to have evening time, meaning members in Europe would not be able to attend (that's their bedtime). For weekend, we have more flexible time for more members to be able to make it. The most possible time would be Saturday and Sunday actually. We will wait for more input, but date and time will have to be set before the poll is closed, so that members can plan ahead to save that time in between their own real life activities.

but like I said, I might also be able to make it on the weekend, so do it on the most flexible day for the other members ( doesn't matter if it's weekend or weekday)

We go back to school on my birthday (Lucky me :mad:) Which is the same day the poll closes (8/11/2011), so if it'll have to be on the weekend for me to make it....

Up to right now, it looks like we have more members who would like to have this event than the ones who think it's not necessary. So it looks like we WILL have this event after all. :cool:

We all have a deadline of Sunday, August 7 at 12:10 pm EST - that's afternoon, guys ... just in case ;) - to say something about "WHEN" the event is going to take place (day, date and time).

Based on the poll up to right now, if you have any opinion other than Saturday, August 13 at 5 pm EST, 4 pm Central, 3 pm Mountain, 2 pm PST (USA time zone - please find conversion for your area), please speak up now and leave a comment here. After the deadline, time will be set and an official announcement of Who, When, Where and Why will be released. However, we still have until Thursday, August 11 at 12:10 pm EST to answer the poll to see WHAT the majority of us would like to do on that event.

Thank you for everybody who has given feedback! We still would like to hear if the rest of you has anything else to say. Remember, this is YOUR EVENT; your decision matters! :D

Back