Event  The Forum's End of the Summer Party!

Do we need to have a FORUMS END OF SUMMER PARTY?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OK, the party will start in less than one hour from now ...

Just a few notes:

1. Don't let the crew sign up prevent you from coming to the Party. If you come a little early, hopefully you will find other ppl who will be able to crew up with you right then, before it starts.

2. Don't let the team color scare you. You don't have to stick with color of shirt. If you have it, that's good, if not, just as long as there is team color on your outfit (hat or bandana, or sash, or pants, or hat), that will be fine.

3. Bring friends or let your friends know, I think the more ppl the better. Definitely more fun with more ppl.

4. Bring your good team work and and good attitute. There will be winners for each riddle and the race itself. And remember, we do this mainly for fun. Winning is just a bonus.

5. We are going to do activities together, so please listen to the directions carefully. You will be given an opportunity before the Triathlon race to ask questions.

6. We suggest having this thread open, on the Triathlon direction rules and directions. It is also good to keep you updated just in case we need to communicate outside that game.

7. PLEASE COME AND HAVE FUN! :excited:Let's do this, guys! And let's take a bunch of pics and record it too ... :p

Red Team:
1: Christopher Ropeward

2: Nate Firecastle

3: Constance O'hara

4: Johnny

5:

6:

Blue Team:
1: Jade Stormspinner

2: Nate Macgull

3: Jack

4:

5:

6:

My computer is too weak for me to have the thread open and play too, but I'll do my best to pay close attention in-game. ;)

Um - is there a way to get to the bridge without the elevator? I haven't done the RC quest yet.

rofl Srry i didn't see the time and when and everything till today. Is it still going on if so where r u guys? lol Cause im there and no one is in sight. ;P

Well that was a great event for the little time i was there. I had fun. Was finally nice to meet some people from the forums i haven't met yet. lol

best party ive been to oh we gotta do this again.
i call jade stormspinner and liz heartparr again
their great

i missed the ending though :sad1: dang dad need help cutting the grass like really cant wait a little longer

Aw, Jack, thank you! You loaned us your ship and gave us your leadership! (I repaired the ship as much as I could - LOL). You were fantastic!

A HUGE thanks to John Foulroberts, Jade O'Hayes and Basil Darkratte for putting together such a fun event!

Putting together an event of this size and magnitude is not easy, and they spent a lot of their personal time and effort to make it come together. Hats off to all of them; they were splendid!

And a special mention to Bobby Flat Foot, without whom I would never have been able to attend! (Note to self...when joining an event, make sure you've completed the quest that allows you to go where you need to be.)

The beginning of the festivities:
screenshot_2011-08-13_16-45-15.jpg

Liz is the absolute queen of riddles. She had the answer for the first one with only half the clue from Basil, even though the chat filter was being a pill.

screenshot_2011-08-13_17-06-57.jpg

The Blue Team was victorious, in spite of a team-size disadvantage (some folks had to leave to attend to other things), but the Red Team was hot on our heels the whole time. I think a great time was had by all.

Jack sailed us straight and true to our destinations and then a fine party ensued.

screenshot_2011-08-13_17-49-40.jpg

After that, we raided to our hearts' content.

screenshot_2011-08-13_18-22-44.jpg

A great evening. And thank you again to our gracious hosts who made it possible.

oh i come on i didnt do that much and i didnt even know u tried to repair as much as u can.. but thank you although you to ladies did most of work .
Also with out Jade, John, and Basil we would have never meet or had such a great time so forever i am in your favor

I would like to say

Thank you.png

to everyone who participated in the Forums End of Summer Party.

To John Foulroberts and Basil Darkratte ... you guys were so organized and responsible; I would have not expected any better team to work with, and would have not been able to do it without you​
To Molly Ironscarlett ... who was so ready to help in such a short notice; we would try not to do to that again (well, not to often anyway ... I hope) and for the great ideas (maybe we'd do that next time!)​
To every pirate who came at the beginning, who played at the Triathlon, and who joined us later at Outcast Isle and Raven's Cove; the event would not happen without your participation. You guys rock!​
And to this Forums and everyone who provides this wonderful place to meet people who share the same interest​

A little reflection after the hard work and fun were over ...

- will try to get more people to sign up early before the event. It took a long time to arrange teams (crews) that discouraged some pirates, despite the fact that the race itself was amazing like no other​
- will try to simplify things and find a way to incorporate fun and piratey looting​
- will try to stay within the time line to keep player interested​
- will try to have less agenda​

But again ... it's better to have too many to prepare than too few ... I know it's 'ambitious', but we will have to do activities that we didn't have time to do this evening some other time! And we are so glad that we got to do the biggest things of the event and that everybody was supportive and keeping the sportmanship well. And the most important thing, we had so much fun! We have to do this again some other time! :D

I recorded most parts of the Party from my point of view (as the Referee), so there will be a video about this. But you know me ... I work slow on things like this (sorry ... ;)), so Idk when ... :p
And for others who recorded, would you please show the video on this thread as well, especially if you were a player on the event (Jack maybe?). Thank you ...​

screenshot_2011-08-13_17-41-19.jpg
The original participants

screenshot_2011-08-13_17-42-45.jpg

The Red Team
screenshot_2011-08-13_18-41-27.jpg

The Blue Team
screenshot_2011-08-13_18-44-11.jpg

Dancing away​

screenshot_2011-08-13_18-47-35.jpg

Heading towards the mine to raid
screenshot_2011-08-13_18-51-51.jpg

Recrewing up with more ppl who just joined