Request The Fourth Legendary [As well as Future Mystery Items]

Do you want to see TLOPO use "The Hint System" for future items?

• Yes.

Votes: 27 40.9%
  • No.

Votes: 29 43.9%
  • Not exactly.

Votes: 10 15.2%

• Total voters
I'm perfectly happy that the 4th legend has still not been found. Really don't understand why people think it should have been found or why it is important to some that it be found anytime soon. I think it'd be great if it takes a year or more to find. The few and very vocal people who are feigning displeasure over it not being found and claiming that the developers should do something about it are silly. Just let it be, eventually someone will find it and interest will be renewed. There are plenty of legendary weapons in the game, maybe too many, that are well known and can be looted for in more conventional ways, I love the continuing mystery and hope it lasts much longer.

I'm perfectly happy that the 4th legend has still not been found. Really don't understand why people think it should have been found or why it is important to some that it be found anytime soon. I think it'd be great if it takes a year or more to find. The few and very vocal people who are feigning displeasure over it not being found and claiming that the developers should do something about it are silly. Just let it be, eventually someone will find it and interest will be renewed. There are plenty of legendary weapons in the game, maybe too many, that are well known and can be looted for in more conventional ways, I love the continuing mystery and hope it lasts much longer.

You have to understand that we’re looking at this from the perspective of game design. This is not an obscure chapter of Lord of the Rings lore where unfindable weapons add mystique to the universe. This is a video game where players pursue clearly defined, achievable goals for their own satisfaction. As it stands, the fourth legendary adds absolutely nothing to the game. It doesn’t incentivize players to engage in any kind of activity, it doesn’t have any practical utility (since no one can use it), it doesn’t carry any lore value (since we have no idea what it is), and it certainly does not excite the player base into action. It just stands as a tantalizing, yet pointless prize for people to speculate about but never actually pursue.

Also, please do not accuse me of “feigning displeasure” about this. These are my sincere opinions.

Last edited:
Nope, not looking for a hint system either. Perhaps waiting until the poll results come in would be a good indicator of how many really want hints. Just because legendaries are part of the game, doesn't mean everybody who puts in the effort to loot for it is going to get one. If that were the case, they wouldn't be legendary, but commonplace.

If everybody in Arthurian times had a copy of Excalibur, it would cease to be a legendary weapon. And sometimes a weapon is legendary because it is not found.

Right, because as we all know, everyone in the game immediately found Lost Blade of Leviathan once its location was revealed. It’s just so commonplace right now. Less than a one in three thousand chance of it dropping per skull chest isn’t nearly enough to keep it rare - we have to also make sure players have no idea which boss to loot.

Give me a break.

Just because legendaries are part of the game, doesn't mean everybody who puts in the effort to loot for it is going to get one.

Good point. Mathematically if the probability of looting an item is known and we know which boss to get it from then looting N number of chests should result in someone getting said item (or them having a very reasonable expectation of getting one). That means you are right. Anyone putting in the work. Will probably have one.

You have to understand that we’re looking at this from the perspective of game design. This is not an obscure chapter of Lord of the Rings lore where unfindable weapons add mystique to the universe. This is a video game where players pursue clearly defined, achievable goals for their own satisfaction. As it stands, the fourth legendary adds absolutely nothing to the game. It doesn’t incentivize players to engage in any kind of activity, it doesn’t have any practical utility (since no one can use it), it doesn’t carry any lore value (since we have no idea what it is), and it certainly does not excite the player base into action. It just stands as a tantalizing, yet pointless prize for people to speculate about but never actually pursue.

Also, please do not accuse me of “feigning displeasure” about this. These are my sincere opinions.
We disagree on just about everything on this. Why on earth does it matter how quickly it is found, I certainly don't buy your claim of game design being faulty because there is one unfound item in the game. I also, still find it difficult to believe you are somehow upset or even really care at all that the 4th legend hasn't been found but if you really are then my apologies. I still think it is good for the game that it's not been found.

Right, because as we all know, everyone in the game immediately found Lost Blade of Leviathan once its location was revealed. It’s just so commonplace right now. Less than a one in three thousand chance of it dropping per skull chest isn’t nearly enough to keep it rare - we have to also make sure players have no idea which boss to loot.

Give me a break.
You may take a break anytime you like. I enjoy playing a game with some unfound and unknown items in play more than one where everything is known and I don't think I am alone on that. There are more than enough known items in this game to satisfy all players who want to loot for them and one unknown item, how is it that this single item has somehow stuck in your craw? Perhaps we can give you the Heimlich or give you a glass of water or something?

Double Check.png

@Beggar Please double check who it is you're quoting. Those are Eric Sailcutter's words not mine.

We disagree on just about everything on this. Why on earth does it matter how quickly it is found, I certainly don't buy your claim of game design being faulty because there is one unfound item in the game. I also, still find it difficult to believe you are somehow upset or even really care at all that the 4th legend hasn't been found but if you really are then my apologies. I still think it is good for the game that it's not been found.
Don't mischaracterize what I said. I did not say that the game design is faulty just because there is one undiscovered weapon - I said it's faulty because the task we must complete to get the weapon is completely undefined.

Suppose I went to Tomas Blanco and killed him 10,000 times and never found this new weapon, whatever it is. How would I know if my lack of success is attributable to bad luck or to Blanco simply being the wrong boss? There would not be a way for me to know. That is why no rational actor will opt to pursue this legendary over others. If nobody pursues the legendary, then it has no bearing on how people play the game, ergo, it is pointless.

Don't mischaracterize what I said. I did not say that the game design is faulty just because there is one undiscovered weapon - I said it's faulty because the task we must complete to get the weapon is completely undefined.

Suppose I went to Tomas Blanco and killed him 10,000 times and never found this new weapon, whatever it is. How would I know if my lack of success is attributable to bad luck or to Blanco simply being the wrong boss? There would not be a way for me to know. That is why no rational actor will opt to pursue this legendary over others. If nobody pursues the legendary, then it has no bearing on how people play the game, ergo, it is pointless.
I put it to you that you are simply wrong about this. I enjoy the game loot or no loot and I enjoy that this is as yet unfound and that no one really knows where it may be found.

Would there be a certain time that if said weapon is not found.. That something will be said about it. Or is there not a time frame set? Thinking back mostly all weapons added were found within a month.. other than this one.

"Suppose I went to Tomas Blanco and killed him 10,000 times and never found this new weapon, whatever it is. How would I know if my lack of success is attributable to bad luck or to Blanco simply being the wrong boss?"
Couple of things struck me about this sentence. For the record I voted no, I don't want hints beyond the single announcement by the devs and staff. That's all I believe I should get, as it's not beta testing going to one place as far as I'm concerned, unless the staff actually did a live test like all of us sailing or such.

Who would play such a way as to go to one boss for weeks? As a all around pirate, that sounds incredibly boring. Me? I rotate a bunch of them.And I have been working blanco, but not for hours on end. Maybe an hour or two, then I run around killing other stuff, go sailing, whatever.
Do an invasion. I don't live to loot on item. And I certainly don't feel I'm doing the job I was invited to do, which is beta testing, lusting over any item.
The only task I've been given is to run around and find wrong or goofy stuff and even crash the game for me so I have something to report.
This is yet another post that gives me the impression that we are entitled to gifts and items.
But that's just my opinion and not a slap at beggar.

Last edited:
Would there be a certain time that if said weapon is not found.. That something will be said about it. Or is there not a time frame set? Thinking back mostly all weapons added were found within a month.. other than this one.
Not finding a weapon is not a glitch. Since there is no reference from the dev crew that a time limit is part of the game play, then it's the community attempting to impress their deadlines on tlopo. Do we have that right? Do we know what's correct and that time limits have anything to do with tlopo when it comes to looting? Are we asking a question that has no bearing on tlopo?
IDK.

I put it to you that you are simply wrong about this. I enjoy the game loot or no loot and I enjoy that this is as yet unfound and that no one really knows where it may be found.
I'm not getting this lack of interest angle. Seems to me, if something isn't found and it's out there anywhere in the Caribbean, I would want to go all over the place looking for it if I was so inclined. That's high interest right there. I can't put my eye patch strap around the concept of a mystery causing lack of interest.

I'm not getting this lack of interest angle. Seems to me, if something isn't found and it's out there anywhere in the Caribbean, I would want to go all over the place looking for it if I was so inclined. That's high interest right there. I can't put my eye patch strap around the concept of a mystery causing lack of interest.

I agree 100% with you.
Treasure seekers all over the world to this day do that. They follow every clue, hunch or intuition in hopes of finding lost treasures. Most of the time they are unsuccessful. Just like people who buy lottery tickets for that matter. Saying no one would go on a wild goose chase is just patently false. It just doesn't have a shred of truth to it since we see it all the time.

If you want me to take that seriously then you’re going to have to go a little deeper than “I put it to you that you are simply wrong.” If you can’t justify your opinions, I don’t see why they should carry any weight.

It’s because of how difficult it is to verify that you’ve solved the mystery. If I correctly guess that Devil Root has the legendary, my next step is to kill that boss tens of thousands of times. And even then, I cannot ever be certain that my guess was accurate. As I’m sure you know, it’s possible to loot a boss for months and never find its exclusive legendary.

If you want me to take that seriously then you’re going to have to go a little deeper than “I put it to you that you are simply wrong.” If you can’t justify your opinions, I don’t see why they should carry any weight.

Who said " You are simply wrong". I said people buy lottery tickets their whole life and NEVER win. Your faulty premise is that people won't purse a goal that has vanishingly low probability of success (you were referring to looting a legendary weapon but winning the lottery is another example of a low probability event). I proved you wrong with an example. QED you are wrong.

If you refuse to acknowledge the examples I provide then that is your mistake. Just like misquoting people in the forum and not even apologizing for it.

Who said " You are simply wrong". I said people buy lottery tickets their whole life and NEVER win. Your faulty premise is that people won't purse a goal that has vanishingly low probability of success (you were referring to looting a legendary weapon but winning the lottery is another example of a low probability event). I proved you wrong with an example. QED you are wrong.

If you refuse to acknowledge the examples I provide then that is your mistake. Just like misquoting people in the forum and not even apologizing for it.
Eric said I was simply wrong. I've avoided talking to you since you strike me as irritable and irrational.

The lottery is comparable to fighting a boss that you know has a chance of dropping a legendary weapon. My issue has never been the daunting probability of looting the weapon - it's that we have no way of determining if we're looting the correct enemy. Someone who plays the lottery understands that their odds are vanishingly small, but they're electing to take that risk nevertheless.

A more analogous scenario to the situation with the unfound fourth legendary would be if there were multiple lotteries, but only one of them had any probability of success at all. How would you suss out which are decoys and which is the real thing? You couldn't without expending more money than anyone can reasonably expect to have. And in the context of sussing out which is the correct boss, one would have to expend more time than anyone can reasonably expect to have.

Back