The Girl In The Blue Dress

Basil Darkratte

Site Founder
The Girl In The Blue Dress ( Short Story)​

It was a beautiful day in the park, the sun shined across the cloudless sky. There were dogs running freely about, and children were laughing. The flowers were in bloom as the man walked across the grass to the lake. As he watches, he sees toy boats and ducks swimming around them. It was a perfect summer afternoon.....

Until she came....

A girl in a blue dress skips towards the man, with a smile on her face. Her hands were behind her back.

" Hi!" she said, in childish High pitched voice.

" Hello, little girl," the man said, " Are you lost? Do you know where your parents are?

" No, Im not lost, Im to big! And my parents are right down there," she points to two people a few yards where she came. " I have a flower for you, Mister!" She shows the flower that was behind her back.

" Well, thank you!" said the man kneeling down. " It's beautiful, Just like you." The girl giggles

" Hey Mister, how are you now?" she asked

" Since you gave me this flower, Im feeling swell!"

" Im glad you like it! Do you know what today is?"

" No, what is it?" the man asked

" It's Thursday!" she said, still in her high voice. " Do you know what happens on a Thursday?"

" No, what happens on a Thursday?"

Suddenly, the whole sky was grey, everything around the man turned a fiery red, the lake was now replaced with lava, the girl, now with red eyes, spoke in a deep voice.

" You die on a Thursday!! Do you know how it feels to die? To lose your very existence in a matter of seconds?!"

The man stares at her, in total fear, he looks all around him. Everything seemed to be on fire.

" The envy, the anger, and the sheer sadness you have to endure to know that everyone else will go through their normal lives without you?"

" I-I..."

" How would you like to die a million deaths?! The same from your worst fear, over and over again! How would you like your very soul to rot in the deepest fiery pits of Hell, where no one will hear you scream?! Do you know how it feels?! Do you want that to happen to you?!"

" N-no" said the man, his heart racing.

Just as fast as it began, everything came back to the sunny day. The lake now had water, and the ducks and the toy boats returned.

" Alright then, good talking to you! See ya Mister!" The girl was now back into her high pitch voice. The man watches her as she skipped away, as if nothing happened, he had never been so mixed with fear and confusion in his life...

... Good thing it was a dream.

screenshot_2011-05-12_23-30-45.jpg
screenshot_2011-05-12_23-30-32.jpg

Wow ... That was a dark side of you, Basil, waiting to come out ... creepy ... :eek:
... Jk ... :p

Well, well ... good imagination! Nope, the girls in blue dresses would not haunt me. Reminds me of 'Devil's Advocate' (1997) - movie starred by Al Pacino and Keanu Reeves. Everything might not what it seems. Very possibly that it would come out in a dream/nightmare. Very creative!

Hmm she's around 7 or 8 in the story...

Wow ... That was a dark side of you, Basil, waiting to come out ... creepy ... :eek:
... Jk ... :p

Well, well ... good imagination! Nope, the girls in blue dresses would not haunt me. Reminds me of 'Devil's Advocate' (1997) - movie starred by Al Pacino and Keanu Reeves. Everything might not what it seems. Very possibly that it would come out in a dream/nightmare. Very creative!

It was just something I had in my head. And aye its a little dark, it should prepare you for the later chapters in Remember Me

Great job Basil! I very much enjoyed this story, no matter how big or small, you stories are always great... and should be Chuck Norris approved, :lol1:

Back