"The Heart of Padres Del Fuego" Problem.

What should be done with Heart of Padres del Fuego?

• Remove it.

Votes: 22 10.5%
  • Release it into game, but remove some off the buffs off of it.

Votes: 29 13.9%
  • Make it a legendary cursed, and change the buffs on it.

Votes: 66 31.6%
  • Add it into the game, give it out as a code. (Riot and burn everything)

Votes: 61 29.2%
  • Other. (Typed response)

Votes: 31 14.8%

• Total voters

Charles Warmonk

Wiki Staff
Upon realizing the impending release of all legendary weapons to be added back into the game. My mind has not been able to get off this important topic, that this weapon in particular should NOT be allowed back into the game. (Without some type of nerf at the least)

th
latest

"Now that's just crazy..."

As you may/may not know, this sword comes with 3 powerful boost. Blood Fire, Blade Storm Boost, and Thrust Boost. ALL +3. - The weapon's attack of 90 is completely understandable as it is a legendary. However, the weapons POWER and KILLING power is not why I am saying it is game breaking. Let me state my point very clearly before you post down your reply.

I don't hate the idea of the sword because it is "SO POWERFUL" - I absolutely despises it for one clear reason. It makes Barracuda Blade, Blade of The Abyss, and Lost Sword of El Patron have less "Spacial Value".

Barracuda Blade: It is sought out because it is the only blade that gives the player a Blade Storm Boost (+2) in the game. This powerful ability is what makes the blade so renown for being/rivaling legendary weapons. - However, HOP takes this and completely shuns it by having a +3 boost in blade storm. Diminishing the value of finding the blade.

Blade of the Abyss: Is a blade sought out for it's blood red shadow and powerful ability. It is (Was) the only legendary blade to have the skill "Bloodfire" into it. This property of the blade made it absolutely unrivaled when killing mass numbers of enemies (when looting) - However, this property once again... was stolen by HOP. As it now has the ability AND the ability of Barracuda Blade.

Lost Sword: The pure random and surprise of this blade is what makes it amazing. What I mean by this is, you can loot it without doing the Raven's Cove quest. This is the only legendary BLADE that you can loot before level 30 (and doing the quest) which makes it a fantastic and heart throbbing find for lower level pirates. However, as you might see the pattern by now... HOP once again takes this value away, since it to is a non-cursed legendary BLADE. Diminishing the value of the blade itself.

POTCO/TLOPO created each legendary and spread out such special abilities, not just threw the legendary. However, threw crude, commons, rares, famed, and legendary as well. The idea of looting for weapons is finding fun different styles of cutting down enemies (or just showing off) is what made finding each blade fun and is why players seek to find them ALL. The problem with HOP is not how "Powerful" the blade is, it's how it diminishes to many great finds when looting. I truly believe that the blade needs to either be Nerfed and if not REMOVED for TLOPO.

I don't see what is so wrong with it. Just make it have the lowest of all drop rates. Maybe raise the rates of other legendaries if necessary.

Strong weapons make games fun. People wouldn't play games like borderlands for hundreds of hours if you couldn't farm really powerful weapons.

Good loot makes people stay. And even if this weapon is strong I don't see a need to remove it. Low drop rates will keep it rare

I agree, mostly. IMO it should be a contest reward only, where they hold a contest with x amount of winners, be it a raffle, in game contest, etc. and the winners receive different tiers of rewards, with the HOP being one of the upper tier rewards if not the uppermost tier reward. Because, yeah, it is pretty dumb that someone can spend so much time looting for Cuda or BotA when such blades pale in comparison to HOP.

I think it should be lootable like other legendary weapons.It is not so OP because it doesn't have critical strike chance.
It one shots players with it's blade storm boost. - If that's not considered "OP" Then please enlighten me on what exactly IS?

Also, this blade was released at the end of POTCO. The developers of the game released it as a pure joke or last reward to players who've never looted a legendary to know how it feels to wield such a weapon. If this weapon was given out in a CODE, or CONTEST, or just put into LOOT. All cutlasses would be useless and nobody would get the same "Excitement" when looting anymore.

IMO - NO legendary should EVER be given out as a code/contest or any such thing. They should ONLY be LOOTABLE. The only way I would accept this blade to be lootable is if they CHANGED the stats on it. NO Blade storm boost, NO Bloodfire Skill. (The Thrust boost is acceptable if it is lowered to +2)

You guys are sooo over-complicating this. All the devs need to do is make certain weapons not usable in pvp. There problem solved. literally everyone will be happy. Those that want a more fair pvp experience as well as those who want an OP farming weapon to kill Foulberto Smasho with. Personally, I'd rather not see a weapon get nerfed just to appease people who love pvp, however I think the solution I present can more benefit all parties involved.

You guys are sooo over-complicating this. All the devs need to do is make certain weapons not usable in pvp. There problem solved. literally everyone will be happy. Those that want a more fair pvp experience as well as those who want an OP farming weapon to kill Foulberto Smasho with. Personally, I'd rather not see a weapon get nerfed just to appease people who love pvp, however I think the solution I present can more benefit all parties involved.
I bring this up not because of PvP or how powerful the weapon is at ALL - I bring this up because the weapon STEALS to many special proprieties away from other weapons lowering the value of them. - No weapon should be "Un-allowed" in PvP. We are pirates and we my choose to play by "Jumper rules" or "play dirty" as we like.

I bring this up not because of PvP or how powerful the weapon is at ALL - I bring this up because the weapon STEALS to many special proprieties away from other weapons lowering the value of them. - No weapon should be "Un-allowed" in PvP. We are pirates and we my choose to play by "Jumper rules" or "play dirty" as we like.

In that case, it's just a matter of play style. I prefer using a broadsword in every situation so as a result World Eater blade is the best sword in the game for me. If you prefer a cutlass then HoP is just the best sword. Nothing more. Nothing less. For all the swords power, it can only attack one enemy and as a result is fully inferior to just about any famed or legendary broadsword so the fact that it's a bit stronger just helps to even the playing table.

Cutlass is lacking right now and needs a powerful weapon variant, Abyss is still stronger because its still a broadsword and we know broadswords are OP.

Also Barracuda is lame because again its a broadsword and not a cutlass and to top it off its Famed so double lame, meaning HOP should still be ingame but not for free should be as rare as other legendaries.

In that case, it's just a matter of play style. I prefer using a broadsword in every situation so as a result World Eater blade is the best sword in the game for me. If you prefer a cutlass then HoP is just the best sword. Nothing more. Nothing less. For all the swords power, it can only attack one enemy and as a result is fully inferior to just about any famed or legendary broadsword so the fact that it's a bit stronger just helps to even the playing table.
Cutlass is lacking right now and needs a powerful weapon variant, Abyss is still stronger because its still a broadsword and we know broadswords are OP.

Also Barracuda is lame because again its a broadsword and not a cutlass and to top it off its Famed so double lame, meaning HOP should still be ingame but not for free should be as rare as other legendaries.
Both of theses comments are completely off topic from what this post is about.... haha.

It one shots players with it's blade storm boost. - If that's not considered "OP" Then please enlighten me on what exactly IS?

Also, this blade was released at the end of POTCO. The developers of the game released it as a pure joke or last reward to players who've never looted a legendary to know how it feels to wield such a weapon. If this weapon was given out in a CODE, or CONTEST, or just put into LOOT. All cutlasses would be useless and nobody would get the same "Excitement" when looting anymore.

IMO - NO legendary should EVER be given out as a code/contest or any such thing. They should ONLY be LOOTABLE. The only way I would accept this blade to be lootable is if they CHANGED the stats on it. NO Blade storm boost, NO Bloodfire Skill. (The Thrust boost is acceptable if it is lowered to +2)
It does not one shot player with blade storm.Low lv pirates sure but high lv pirates no.I used it in pvp a lot and on high lv pirates it does about 1000-1200 dmg max if lucky hit.

Back