"The Heart of Padres Del Fuego" Problem.

What should be done with Heart of Padres del Fuego?

• Remove it.

Votes: 22 10.5%
  • Release it into game, but remove some off the buffs off of it.

Votes: 29 13.9%
  • Make it a legendary cursed, and change the buffs on it.

Votes: 66 31.6%
  • Add it into the game, give it out as a code. (Riot and burn everything)

Votes: 61 29.2%
  • Other. (Typed response)

Votes: 31 14.8%

• Total voters
ive said it before but i really dont think this item should be released as is into the games environment. without some major overhauls as this weapon currently is it is incredibly unhealthy for the entire endgame looting ecosystem, That being said i wouldn't be against the idea if it were a temporary item that was redeemable once for an hour or so just to show off some of the powerful items you can get if you put the effort into looting
At least someone agrees..... >.>

To be honest I don't really see the problem with the sword in fact I believe disney was going to make overpowered weapons in the future, you could remove either bladestorm boost or thrust boost but you shouldn't really compare famed weapons with legendary especially a sword like barracuda, plus thunderspine has rank 3 critical strike and plus 3 on thrust which to me makes thunderspine stronger than the padres sword and blade of abyss was always pretty pointless as a legendary because of the plus 3 on sweep it did have other stuff but was still pointless to me, just my opinion on the matter

To be honest I don't really see the problem with the sword in fact I believe disney was going to make overpowered weapons in the future, you could remove either bladestorm boost or thrust boost but you shouldn't really compare famed weapons with legendary especially a sword like barracuda, plus thunderspine has rank 3 critical strike and plus 3 on thrust which to me makes thunderspine stronger than the padres sword and blade of abyss was always pretty pointless as a legendary because of the plus 3 on sweep it did have other stuff but was still pointless to me, just my opinion on the matter
You miss the point... I hate repeating myself. The blade is not over powered DUE TO ITS DMG. It is over powered due to how many different boost it takes from other weapons. If you read my whole first post you would understand what I mean by this. :/

You miss the point... I hate repeating myself. The blade is not over powered DUE TO ITS DMG. It is over powered due to how many different boost it takes from other weapons. If you read my whole first post you would understand what I mean by this. :/
Yeah I know I was just stating that disney were planning on doing that, they could remove just one boost not both since its a legendary

This sword is more overpowered than the padres sword if you look at the stats only for both swords plus viper's kiss is labeled as a rare sword so..

This blade was given as a code for the players who made to the end when POTCO was closing down. If these were added it would ruin the game since it is so op. And even nerfing or changing the buffs would just give a different feel to what HoP was. I say just keep it out of the game and let it be remembered as the legendary sword given before POTCO's end.

Last edited:
I beleive any powerful weapon that was introduced as a redeem code such as HOP or Barbossa's Fury should be put into loot, but the devs could decide the rarity.

I think that the sword should be a quest involving Padres to get it. if you look at the lore of the sword it would work. i do not think the sword should be removed but maybe they could debuff some of the perks but no perks should be removed. They could make it to were you only gain access to the quest when you master your swords

Bladestorm and Thrust boost +3 are fine since its a cutlass and not a broadsword. We need more strong cutlass's and Sabres

I fully agree that all legendary items should be looted and not given or from a quest etc

The Heart of Padres Del Fuego should be released along with the other legendary weapons as a lootable weapon with no changes to its buffs except of course the extreme rarity of finding it. Most people in the game tend to pick broadswords over cutlasses, so there needs to be a cutlass that makes us cutlass enthusiasts proud. Plus, it's actually not that overpowered because blood fire wouldn't really be very effective on bosses or single-player battles. Hence the name of the weapon, it should have to have something to do with Padres Del Fuego in order to get it, but it shouldn't be changed, especially not into a cursed blade.

In short, this is what I want: Add the item to the game as it is with ONLY THE BLADE STORM BUFF REMOVAL changed, but make it extremely rare and something to do with the island it comes from.

Remember, it can only hit one foe at a time. It isn't a broadsword.

Or if you don't want any of that, make it a staff/administrator weapon.

The weapon should not be changed. Should not be nerfed. And should be added to the loot tables similar to all other legendaries. There are very few powerful cutlasses and this cutlass does not devalue or undermine El Patron since El Patron is great for tanking while Heart of Padress is good for offensive play. Simply make it more rare to loot than El Patron. Only El Patron fanboys will disagree.

Below are my examples for my opinion:

Examples of it not being overpowered:
Thunder Spine:
latest

has 95 base damage with rank 3 critical strike and the same Thrust Boost as Heart of Padres, talk about overpowered as well. Rank 3 Critical Strike is stronger then blade-storm boost considering you can't attack during blade-storm without swapping weapons from their slots to close it off which is considered a bug (fast-switch). Rank 3 crit on 95 base dmg is higher sustained damage in PvE and 1v1 and tops +3 bladestorm at 90 base dmg

Behemoth:
latest

can constantly aoe hit per combo as a broadsword so that you don't even have to aim half the time, 101 base damage and +5 endurance boost INCLUDING Dark Curse and no knockdowns? talk about overpowered? Yet we are complaining about Heart of Padres?

Barracuda:
latest

Nearly identical to what your complaining about, rank 3 crit which is mega broken, always aoes so no aiming needed hardly, and blade storm boost. Only thing this lacks is the bloodfire. Already ingame.
And before you say HOP would devalue this. Duh its supposed to devalue it because its a Famed and HOP would be a hardly never able to be looted LEGENDARY. Thats why Legendaries are ranked higher.

So again what are we judging here? 90% of whats "overpowered" about this weapon is already ingame, just another cool rare weapon we could loot. Only people without a brain would oppose it being added into the loot. My only complaint is the cutlass is ugly. Should reskin it with flowing lava going down the blade of it or something firey along the lines of:
CshivOqWIAEnyAO.jpg

Last edited:
Only El Patron fanboys will disagree.
I disagree slightly, but I am certainly not a "fanboy" When it comes to the Lost Sword... I find the lost sword to be a bit underpowered, and the voodoo drain useless... Black Shark Blade is better than LS... so I wouldn't mind HoP getting re-released as a slightly nerfed yet very rare, (meaning rarer than Lost Sword or Admiral's), lootable sword from Padres only.

As for the nerfing part, I think the cursed fire should be brought down to rank 3, and I'd be happy. Rank 5 just seems a bit... excessive... compared to the other swords which mostly have rank 3 max. (There are a few with rank 4 skills... like The Emerald Curse, with rank 4 uselessness, I mean parry...)

As for the nerfing part, I think the cursed fire should be brought down to rank 3, and I'd be happy. Rank 5 just seems a bit... excessive... compared to the other swords which mostly have rank 3 max. (There are a few with rank 4 skills... like The Emerald Curse, with rank 4 uselessness, I mean parry...)
Even with no cursed fire its still powerful and fine. Like Rank 0 even. Cursed Fire is too hard to maintain for PvE and hard to stack it in PvP anyway.

I like this idea. It could work with some sort of lore pertaining to the creation of the sword.
Personally, I don’t think any changes are needed. Why not make it a super rare end-game sword?
Exactly. Could even make a custom permanent Royal Navy officer boss level 40-44 with some cool name and uses cutlass. Could give him some unique movesets. Since theres not enough endgame Navy Bosses and since EITC and Navy are stationed inside the quarries of Padres it'd make sense that he'd have found it and you could rarely get it from his loot table. Could give him like rank 8 brawl and other strong ranked cutlass skills

Last edited:
Exactly. Could even make a custom permanent Royal Navy officer boss level 40-44 with some cool name and uses cutlass. Could give him some unique movesets. Since theres not enough endgame Navy Bosses and since EITC and Navy are stationed inside the quarries of Padres it'd make sense that he'd have found it and you could rarely get it from his loot table. Could give him like rank 8 brawl and other strong ranked cutlass skills
Oof... rank 8 brawl... how long would a pirate be stunned for? But I do like the Navy boss idea... Especially since the sword looks like Jack's Hanger sword... Maybe there could be a whole new chapter that would unlock the sword for looting, like RC and Cursed Blades...

I think HOP is fine with the exception of removing either the Blade Storm boost or the Thrust boost.
Heart of Padres del Fuego 2.png
Heart of Padres del Fuego 3.png

Edit: Add to game with same rarity as Lost Sword or Silver Freeze and remove thrust:
Heart of Padres del Fuego 2.png

Last edited:
Back