The KRAKEN ~ "Unavoidable" fear

S

Shamus The Brute

No matter how hard I try mates, I cannot get past the thinking of how We ~ as pirates ~ would be permitted to uphold a "full bar of health" if the KRAKEN was allowed to exist by game developers on POTCO.

I feel obliged in stating this here because no matter how focused each of us remain on POTCO towards (1.) ranking, (2.) looting, (3.) pvp, (4.) leveling, (5.) invasions, or (6.) questing...eventually...your pirate will be forced to launch/board a ship during your POTCO game experience.

*Avast! This thread is made for the purpose of sharing your ideas, thoughts, feelings, &/or information you may have concerning that formidable sea creature ~ the KRAKEN.

Please use this thread (along with available space) as a type of "port of call" inorder to both honor & examine the personal fear you may or may not have concerning this creature. *My hope is that in doing so...each of us may find a clearer way to RELEASE the personal Kraken that exists within each of us. :D

"Below the thunders of the upper deep;
Far, far beneath in the abysmal sea,
His ancient, dreamless, uninvaded sleep
The Kraken sleepeth: faintest sunlights flee
About his shadowy sides: above him swell
Huge sponges of millennial growth and height;
And far away into the sickly light,
From many a wondrous grot and secret cell
Unnumbered and enormous polypi
Winnow with giant arms the slumbering green.
There hath he lain for ages and will lie
Battening upon huge sea-worms in his sleep,
Until the latter fire shall heat the deep;
Then once by man and angels to be seen,
In roaring he shall rise and on the surface die."

"The Kraken" 1830 - by Alfred Lord Tennyson

Alfred Lord Tennyson

Didn't he write King Arthur? By write I mean adapted the myth into his time.

When fighting the Kraken, I believe we should be true to the movie. Have the Kraken stop the ship and have it's tentacles rise from the water and grab the players. Then in the middle of the struggle the tentacles should slowly rise and crash on the deck, wrecking the ship.

The ways to kill a Kraken

Phase 1. Grab a cannon and shoot its tentacles. Only the most experiance cannoneers should do so, for the Kraken's limbs are fast as they are big.

-Kraken splits ship in half. Players now fight in broken/sinking ship-

Phase 2. A tentacle will then appear around each of the players. The players must use a weapon of their choice to subdue the tentacle then help their own shipmate.

Phase 3. The Kraken will submerge back to the depths for 60 seconds. The players must decide who will complete the next phase.

Phase 4. The single player must go against the Kraken as he jumps on it and tries to poke his eye with a sword. His shipmates have to watch from the deck. The single player must then manuever around the kraken's body, avoiding blows from the tentacles and making it to the eye where the player must perform a successful 10 hit combo. At this the, the Kraken retreats to the depths and a cutscene ensues showing you and your crew escaping you r sinking ship on a rowboat. You then end up in the next port of call.

Phase 5. The rewards for the defeating the Kraken are the following

1. Calypso's Blessing: Sunking ships are automatically raised and no damage on them. This only happens three times after the Kraken Battle (100%)

2. Kraken Scar: Special Tattoo that can be worn on the chest. It's a jagged scar the cuts through the chest. It is a proud battle wound. (100%)

3. Sword of Lost Souls: Made from a leftover Kraken tooth, the sabre contains the souls that were devoured by the Kraken. This gives the sword the special power to realse a fury of spirits at any enemy. (10%)

4. 500 gold (50%)

Now if anyone can come up with the idea to attract a Kraken, I'd say we would be all set.

When fighting the Kraken, I believe we should be true to the movie. Have the Kraken stop the ship and have it's tentacles rise from the water and grab the players. Then in the middle of the struggle the tentacles should slowly rise and crash on the deck, wrecking the ship.

The ways to kill a Kraken

Phase 1. Grab a cannon and shoot its tentacles. Only the most experiance cannoneers should do so, for the Kraken's limbs are fast as they are big.............

now now attrackting a kraken id say it should be a boss battle and like the pearl battle u would have to complete a story quest which would then explain why the kraken is coming after u and after u get the kraken we can have 2 options (1. u can do it anytime u want (2. you can do it anytime u want but only one kraken battle per day
and nice ideas for the loot

i think it would be awesome to fight and control sea monsters (eg the leviathen the kracken and other creatures) what i want is to control a giant eel, 1000 feet long and can crush ships and then eats the passengers and brings you their best loot( cannot be a legendary or famed) and a svs monster would be like the stages of the kracken and one pirate controls it. you have to visit davy jones and get his book of the oceans and dutchman weapons after completing a bunch of hard quests.

The ways to kill a Kraken.................................
Love it except make the Sword a Cutlass. I don't like Sabre's lol. Um a way to attract the Kraken could be like attacking Skeleton Ships, or if you defeat 50 enemies on Tormenta then try to sail the Kraken comes after you.

Love it except make the Sword a Cutlass. I don't like Sabre's lol. Um a way to attract the Kraken could be like attacking Skeleton Ships, or if you defeat 50 enemies on Tormenta then try to sail the Kraken comes after you.
Ever seen a Kraken tooth? They are pretty big! You would have to make a sabre out of that!

Back