The Legend of Pirates Online, an ongoing POTCO recreation.

Going back to naming the pirates thing, could we make an acronym for a name, per say El Chapo could be El Chopa?

The Legend of Pirates Online (commonly abbreviated as TLOPO) is an ongoing fan-made recreation of Disney's retired online game, Pirates of the Caribbean Online (POTCO).

We're not going to make any promises. When performing a task as recreating an MMO, there are many potential problems which could be faced. However, like many other members of the community, we're hopeful that a revival of our beloved game is possible and will do our best to deliver.

You can find a preview of our progress in the below video:

The entire project is a work in progress. TLOPO does plan to release as a community server for the game in the future, however there are no plans for release at this time.

The project is in no way affiliated with The Walt Disney Company, partners or entities.

The real purpose of this project is to "revive" the game, using what original files we have, making the game work exactly as it was before the game's closure on September 19th, 2013. All changes from the original (with few exceptions), wether it be adding unreleased content, re-adding content/features which was once apart of the game and later removed, or creating brand new content & features will all be handled after our "full" release as a post-closure community server (after alpha and beta stages).

The project is being created using files from the original MMO which can be found in the game's downloadable launcher.

Why isn't the project open source? There is a similar situation with the Toontown Online community (another former Disney MMO). One project's source code was "leaked" and redistributed amongst certain members of the community to create multiple post-closure servers, dividing the community in it's already uncertain state. We would hate to see this happen amongst the PotCO community as well, as it's state is already deteriorating.

Social media pages:
Twitter: twitter.com/LegendofPirates
FaceBook: facebook.com/TheLegendofPiratesOnline
YouTube: youtube.com/TheLegendofPiratesOnline
Google+: google.com/+TheLegendofPiratesOnline
Tumblr: thelegendofpiratesonline.tumblr.com
Instagram: instagram.com/LegendofPirates
Twitch: twitch.tv/TheLegendofPiratesOnline

Looking to join the team? Apply to be a developer at http://goo.gl/forms/jm5299lqLd

With the best of intentions,
- @JohnnyDaPirate
The Legend of Pirates Online Project Manager[/QUOTE
What kind of NAS do you guys have, if I may ask?

when "crazyjonah" is a bannable offense
gg.png

TTR did so for a legitimate reason (as copyright infringement cannot be pursued so aggressively if things are changed or altered from a developmental standpoint). It's just the way the law reads, as I would rather not try to debate no more publicly on whether Disney will or will not take action (not that you're trying to do so; just saying). :)
Sir I just found out that POTCO was being revived. Any direction as to when it will be up and running publically?

Hey sir, when will the game be made public? I just somehow learned about this today.

Did they buy the legal rights? Or how are they doing this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sir I just found out that POTCO was being revived. Any direction as to when it will be up and running publically?
As I said in another thread, there are no dates. Just sit tight and be patient :)

Did they buy the legal rights? Or how are they doing this?
(Quoted from other thread)
They did not, however they are not accepting any type of profit from this game (Unlimited Access will be free for all).

Edit: Here's TLOPO's official FAQ:
https://tlopo.com/help/faq/

Back