Discussion The Legend of Zelda is BACK!

Jack Cannonskull

Pirate Lord
@Johnny Telltale, @Christopher Cannonskull, allow me to welcome you back to...

THE LEGEND OF ZELDA! with @Jack Cannonskull

Yes, I am back in action making threads about Legend of Zelda on a pirate site that about 1-3 people to read! Including myself of course :)

Well guys last time I had posted about TLOZ I was somewhere near the middle of Majora's Mask!

Unfortunately, that didn't exactly work out.. I was at the Goron Mountain and had just gotten the Goron Mask but I kind of got bored with MM due to the extreme difficulty and repetition of saving and changing the time.. I took a break from Zelda for a while while I focused mostly on maxing my pirate which was fun.. But now I am done with that and am back at it!

I replayed a lot of Breath of the Wild which was a great experience but after that I got Skyward Sword and have started playing that. At the same time I have also been playing the original Legend of Zelda so 2 games at once!

In order to keep things organized I'm going to make a section for each game.

Skyward Sword: It's been a fun game so far. I am not too far into the game as I just finished the second dungeon. I thought it would mainly be fun because of the motion controls bc I thought that I'd like that challenge a lot more than other people... but.... then I got completely annihilated by two Lizalfos so I changed my mind about motion controls... But I still don't really mind them.

I think what really got me into the game was the fun story and just the tons of upgrades and items to buy and all. I just like the sky and everything as it is similar to the Windwaker which as you might know was my first Legend of Zelda game. We'll see how it turns out but for now it looks like a top 4 game to me (of the ones I have played).

The Legend of Zelda: I admit I have been using a guide because it's pretty hard. I am not really in the mood of taking a long time to complete it so I just decided to do everything possible using a guide and then just finishing it. I am on lvl 6 so I'll be done pretty soon. I can totally see how back in the 80s how people could just play this for hours and hours at a time. I totally understand it (even though I'm using a guide). I probably won't rate this one quite as high just because there are really only like 5 characters and the story is really simple but for it's time I'm sure this was an incredible game.

Majora's Mask: I'll probably go back to it after I finish Skyward Sword and The Legend of Zelda. Again, changing the time got really annoying and repetitive so that made me kind of take a break. Every time I feel like trying it again that fact kind of scares me off as well as the difficulty about the game. I had been using a guide because I really wanted to do everything there was to do in the game and get all the masks and all that but I feel like it might be more fun to just ditch the guide and play the game more naturally. Tell me what you all think! Should I use the guide and do everything? Or should I ditch the guide and play naturally (probably not finishing everything). I would like all the prizes but I'm just not sure...

Alright then! Comments are why I made this thread so please leave comments about whatever you want to comment about concerning my post or The Legend of Zelda in general!

My current rating of Zelda games (that I have played). Going ahead and throwing all of them in there even the ones I haven't completed. Obviously their spots will probably change but just for now here ya go.

1. Ocarina of Time: no movement I don't think any game ever can beat this storyline and action..
2. The Windwaker: +1 It's just very nostalgic since it was the first one I played and it has such a great storyline. It got me interested in them. I may not like the graphics but It's story is great. The turning point where you could the master sword is one of the most nostalgic moments in video games of all time for me.
3. Breath of the Wild: -1 I think this is the most re-playable one that I have done so far, but it falls due to it's lack of real dungeons, good ole fashion Zelda items, and terrible let-down ending boss
4. Skyward Sword: NEW - It's obviously very subject to change but so far I think this one will surpass Twilight Princess. I love the sky and all the upgrade-able items and I think the bosses will turn out to be pretty fun as I haven't even gotten to the more known ones and have already liked one of them a lot.
5. Twilight Princess: -1 It was a big letdown to me.. The twilight was boring, the graphics were great and yeah... Letdown.
6. Majora's Mask: no movement The saving and the owl statues and the repetitive changing of time is really, REALLY boring and annoying. However, the story is one of strangest while also most interesting in a Zelda game. None of these games are bad to me, they are all really good, but when your competing with games like BotW and OoT, you have to fall a bit. Side quests are fun, just wish saving wasn't so hard.
7. The Legend of Zelda: Obviously a classic. Great game. Very fun. You can play for hours.

Last edited:
Thought I'd update my rankings

1. Ocarina of Time (Finished)
2. The Windwaker (Finished)
3. Majora's Mask (Finished)
4. Breath of the Wild (Finished)
5. Skyward Sword (Last Dungeon)
6. Twilight Princess (Despite replaying this without a guide (was more fun) I still think it's a letdown)
7. The Legend of Zelda (lvl 6)

Back