The Legend of Zelda, Once more

I did it.. I bought it and started.

Update No. 1 So I started and was running out of time really quickly I thought the moon was gonna crash but luckily a 5 minute timer started so I quickly ran to the skull kid and got the ocarina back. @Johnny Telltale I couldn't find the save button any idea how to do that? It seemed like the only way to save was to play the song of time and start back at the dawn of day 1
@Christopher Cannonskull ?
you will unlock the ability to save at owl statues once you progress a bit further

you will unlock the ability to save at owl statues once you progress a bit further
This got confusing. I still dont quite understand, could you perhaps re explain saving to me? Bc I was playing and I just got into Termina Field for the first time. I wanted to quit so I decided to play the Song of Time to apparently "save" and go back to the dawn of the first day. Yet when I came back to play later my whole file was gone and I have to start over. I'm confused I thought playing the song of time saved? I also heard owl statues quicksave so what exactly does that mean?

This got confusing. I still dont quite understand, could you perhaps re explain saving to me? Bc I was playing and I just got into Termina Field for the first time. I wanted to quit so I decided to play the Song of Time to apparently "save" and go back to the dawn of the first day. Yet when I came back to play later my whole file was gone and I have to start over. I'm confused I thought playing the song of time saved? I also heard owl statues quicksave so what exactly does that mean?
playing the song will save the game and knock it back to the first day in castle town, you can save at the owl statues also once you get the song of soaring as well ( i believe, its been a while but i know they are save points. )

when you save using the song of time all inventory progress besides key items will be reset. IE all ammo types like bombs arrows, bombchus will be taken away. All rupees you have will also go away unless you store them in the bank

when you save using the song of time all inventory progress besides key items will be reset. IE all ammo types like bombs arrows, bombchus will be taken away. All rupees you have will also go away unless you store them in the bank
But why didn't my file save? When I came back I had to start all over (not from the first day) I mean I literly had to start the whole game over for some reason, it didn't save right

I grew up with console games as they were evolving literally, got to play my NES, father's Atari and Pong in 1985 at age 2, and ofc the first Zelda game for the NES. My favorite is, hands down, Link to the Past for SNES, I can literally beat that game in almost 40 minutes. Like to see other franchise fans in here as well

UPDATE: Found the owl statue and I think I saved it right this time :p

XD All the people who thought time travel in Oot was hard.... Play Majora's Mask

UPDATE: So far I have found Majora's Mask to be a pretty difficult game. It's not very straightforward like other Zelda games. There's really no way to tell exactly what I'm supposed to be doing. On top of that though I only have 3 days to find out and then I have restart the cycle. It has been difficult no doubt. I might use a guide but I haven't yet so I'm somewhat determined no to.

UPDATE: I hope the game gets more interesting. Not that it's a bad game but so far I have been a little bit bored and I find it very frustrating to have to keep messing with the time.
@Christopher Cannonskull @Johnny Telltale

I'd basically lay out a game plan for what I wanted to do, and it'd take maybe 1-2 in-game days to finish it. Some quests are dependent on doing things at specific times, so there's that to keep in mind.

For the most part it's open world - you can honestly just do whatever you want, I recommend collecting all the masks in the game! You get a special prize if you do ;)

If you're getting bored, try spicing it up or reading a guide, you'll find it gets more interesting as you progress.

I'd basically lay out a game plan for what I wanted to do, and it'd take maybe 1-2 in-game days to finish it. Some quests are dependent on doing things at specific times, so there's that to keep in mind.

For the most part it's open world - you can honestly just do whatever you want, I recommend collecting all the masks in the game! You get a special prize if you do ;)

If you're getting bored, try spicing it up or reading a guide, you'll find it gets more interesting as you progress.
Yeah I saw a little video with some things in it. Thought I have found this game to be 100% not scary at all, I hear it gets a little bit more scary..

Okay yeah the moon is creepy but its not scary!

UPDATE: Orginally I was very disappointed bc of the very little time you had to do everything in, but I quickly found out about the backwards song of time that slows time. Still though (even with the slow time) everything feels rushed and I'm always worried I wont have enough time. The game is picking up pace and getting more interesting. I just finished the first dungeon and I found the boss pretty difficult (playing the N64 version). I know this game is known for its vast side quests. Unfortunately I just don't exactly know how to find the side quests and who to talk to, and how to remember which ones to do. There is the bombers notebook but I'm still not sure exactly how to use it.

I'm sure (like all Legend of Zelda games this game will get more interesting as it goes along).

I know not all games are immediately amazing. For instance I really wasn't a fan of my first Zelda game (Windwaker) when I started but about the time you get the Master Sword and first meet Ganondorf things really started to get awesome and I was pretty hooked into the game from then on. Its ending was great as well. In fact the only Zelda game that I really think was amazing from the very beginning was Ocarina of Time. Not exactly bc the beginning was that fun but because I had heard and seen so much about it and I was hyped.

With Twilight Princess I was also extremely excited when I started but unfortunately as I was thinking it was going to get even more awesome instead it sord of dropped and didn't fulfill my expectations. This wasn't at all because Twilight Princess was a bad game. It will always be one of the best Zelda games, but my expectations were just so very high for it, and it just didn't do everything that all the other Zelda games did right. If anyone reading this interested about this the link to that thread about Twilight Princess is in my signature. Of course it's usually just us @Johnny Telltale @Christopher Cannonskull :)

UPDATE: Orginally I was very disappointed bc of the very little time you had to do everything in, but I quickly found out about the backwards song of time that slows time. Still though (even with the slow time) everything feels rushed and I'm always worried I wont have enough time. The game is picking up pace and getting more interesting. I just finished the first dungeon and I found the boss pretty difficult (playing the N64 version). I know this game is known for its vast side quests. Unfortunately I just don't exactly know how to find the side quests and who to talk to, and how to remember which ones to do. There is the bombers notebook but I'm still not sure exactly how to use it.

I'm sure (like all Legend of Zelda games this game will get more interesting as it goes along).

I know not all games are immediately amazing. For instance I really wasn't a fan of my first Zelda game (Windwaker) when I started but about the time you get the Master Sword and first meet Ganondorf things really started to get awesome and I was pretty hooked into the game from then on. Its ending was great as well. In fact the only Zelda game that I really think was amazing from the very beginning was Ocarina of Time. Not exactly bc the beginning was that fun but because I had heard and seen so much about it and I was hyped.

With Twilight Princess I was also extremely excited when I started but unfortunately as I was thinking it was going to get even more awesome instead it sord of dropped and didn't fulfill my expectations. This wasn't at all because Twilight Princess was a bad game. It will always be one of the best Zelda games, but my expectations were just so very high for it, and it just didn't do everything that all the other Zelda games did right. If anyone reading this interested about this the link to that thread about Twilight Princess is in my signature. Of course it's usually just us @Johnny Telltale @Christopher Cannonskull :)

I'm glad it's starting to pick up pace! It's by no means the best game out of the series, but it's worth it to play just to say you did.

Hopefully the rest of it is great for you! It honestly has a really interesting storyline in my opinion, can keep you theory crafting for a while.

I'm glad it's starting to pick up pace! It's by no means the best game out of the series, but it's worth it to play just to say you did.

Hopefully the rest of it is great for you! It honestly has a really interesting storyline in my opinion, can keep you theory crafting for a while.
UPDATE: I did decide to use a guide and basically complete the game 100% because I just think because this game is so heavy and known for all the masks and side quests, I just thought it would be much more fun if I did everything and got the most out of the game.

I do think the storyline is interesting! I honestly really like the happy mask salesmen. The skull kid is interesting as well.

My current rating of Zelda games
1. Ocarina of Time
2. Breath of the Wild
3. The Windwaker (surprising)
4. Twilight Princess (surprising)

Yes its that time of year when I ask AGAIN for anyone's opinions who have played Zelda games. For Example @Christopher Cannonskull @Johnny Telltale

Today I wanted to ask which one I should play next. I have completed:

1. Ocarina of Time
2 Breath of the Wild
3. Twilight Princess
4. The Windwaker
---------------------------
In order of when I played them:
1. The Windwaker
2. Breath of the Wild
3. Ocarina of Time
4. Twilight Princess

Anyway If you didn't realize that means there are only two 3D Zelda games I haven't played yet. That is:
Skyward Sword and Majora's Mask.
I'm probably going to end up eventually playing both of these games but I'd just like to ask you guys which one you think I should play first. I haven't played Skyward Sword just because it wasn't extremely highly rated and was said to be really long.
I haven't played Majora's Mask cause..... its kinda scary.... but I don't get scared easily so..
Are you talking the old games on intellivision or nintendo? I forget. The top down cartridge versions? Can they be downloaded and play on a computer now?

Back