Discussion The Loot "glitch"

what should be done in place of the loot glitch?

• reduce upgrade costs

Votes: 8 15.1%
  • increase loot payment

Votes: 13 24.5%
  • don't allow materials to take space in the cargo hold

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • don't allow more valuable items be replaced with less

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • BRING BACK THE LOOT GLITCH!!

Votes: 39 73.6%

• Total voters

Alex Warbones

Swashbuckler
We all know the famed loot glitch and how it filled our banks with tons of gold, and plenty of materials all for ship upgrades and what not. I know i'm speaking for many Pirates and captains around the Caribbean when i say this, but now sailing just seems rather tedious and unfulfilling.

I myself fell in love with sailing, not just because of how much money you could make off of it, but as well as the amount of materials you could get from it, and the strategical play you got out of some of the fights, followed with a satisfying payment for your victory. now, just today I had fought a bounty hunter which in the past i recognized had paid decently well. When i sank her this time all i got was a basic material chest, and a loot pouch. and when you're higher level these loot pouches are as good as garbage unless they have gold in them. It was nice filling my deck with extra loot after my cargo hold was full, and it really helped me get my ship up to where i needed it to. Now its difficult to even break 1k gold in a 16 slot cargo hold, making it highly more difficult for us as pirates to make a hefty income, hardly making loot runs worth it anymore.

Now before everyone goes throwing daggers at me saying "oh this is how it was meant to be" and "the glitch wasn't supposed to be there anyways". yes I understand that, and perhaps i may just be being a greedy pirate. but you can't deny the fact that it was much more satisfying to make 3.5k from a single loot run instead of 500 gold in a single loot run (exaggeration). Perhaps they wont bring back the loot glitch and that's fine, considering it wasn't supposed to exist to begin with. however i'd like to suggest something else. perhaps an increase in the earnings from a loot run? or maybe not counting materials as taking space in the cargo hold, so we can get some more out of that? Lower the cost of upgrades by 50% or more? or just bring back the glitch all together? dont let loot pouches replace royal chests? (that happened to me today -_-) please don't crucify me i'm just expressing some ideas.

In The end, sailing now seems rather unfulfilling to me, and as some of my fellow pirates have said "it just isn't fun anymore, and "it was already such a grind[to begin with]" said Alli, a level 50 pirate from Dark tides. I know a lot of us got used to the loot glitch, but it was a great way to make money. I know for myself i put that money earned right back into my ship. since they fixed the glitch it's become 10x harder to do so. again not that there is anything wrong with fixing something broken but, i'm sure I speak for a majority when I say we prefer having the loot glitch around. It made sailing fun and fulfilling.

Thank you for taking your time to read this, and this is only an opinion of some possible alternatives.

good luck and fair seas,
Alex Warbones.

I Thought I would post my thoughts as an addon, though I've only been playing for a very short while, I've had experience in other games. When a glitch happens and its a pro for game players, when removed its a hard one to have to readjusted to, you get used to a certain amount and its useful. I do not believe in compensation nor, a reduction in cost would hit the spot, would it hurt to increase the loot amount? whether via cargo hold increase or via a bonus for ships sunk, or crew employed or would a new bonus help.

Prize crews, during battles ships could be captured, the captured ships was then auctioned, or disposed of in other ways. A compulsory purchase on captured ships with prize crew onboard.

A purchase of tender ship (used in fleets as repair or ferry supplies to and from shore), will extend loot runs. RAS was and is still employed at sea, it stands for refuelling at sea two ships sail side by side and pass stores or personnel. via bosuns chair (yes bosun is spelt correctly lol) stores via block and tackle, though in game just sail near, or just a press button action to pass loot, plus the loot once passed would be safe incase the attacking ship is sunk. well had my pennyworth.

fair winds and following seas
Ah Puch

Last edited:
people say "just go get gold on land" yet fail to realize that people want the loot glitch back because it gave reason to sail, now other then upgrading your ship theres no incentive to. What if they prefer sea combat instead of land combat but then can't enjoy their favorite combat now due to it being trash? People need to put theirselves in other people shoes.

The so-called "loot glitch" did not allow for stacking of ship mats. Then as now, ship mats are limited by how large the cargo hold of any particular ship. The only thing that is a problem and was never in the equation in POTCO is the stacking loot chests in the final haul, which were replaced in POTCO but not in TLOPO. That being said, POTCO allowed for the accumulation, albeit limited again by the size of the hold, the acquiring of loot and gold, along with ship mats (or loot skulls). In other words, you would still get a quantity of gold and loot, even though your visible ship hold was full of mats or skulls. The only sea loot that was lost when a ship was truly "full" were the items contained in cargo crates and treasure chests, which are pretty much junk anyway.

I'm for leaving sailing loot as is and giving it a while to settle before any more changes. The "loot glitch" was wrong now it might not be perfectly fixed but it is much improved.

lol pls, freedom of speech is welcome here
I'm only playing. The poll does not give the option to do nothing, which some people previously note that is what they would choose. Although, I believe that the TLOPO devs are currently working on remedying the current loot system. Only time will tell. Well, that and the release notes. ;)

Back