Suggestion The loot ranking

Is a loot ranking a good idea?

• Total voters

Bort Greasegorb

Pirate Lord
I'm a bit of a competitive person, so while this may seem displeasing to some, I think it would be a nice thing to have around. The loot ranking is a ranking of the top 50 looters around the Caribbean judged on their findings between famed weapons, brights and possibly other things.
The way I believe this would work is similar to world rankings in sports and esports. People would hand in pictures of their weapon and clothing inventories and panel of trustworthy users would judge them and decide where they would go on the list. This is as easy as a Discord community. I'm thinking it would be updated every 6 months or year since it seems like it'd take long to update. While some may not want to hand in their findings, it would be the most accurate way to answer the frequently-asked "Who is the best looter?"
Now I understand there are lots of drawbacks to this. Of course, the effort put into something as just-for-fun as this may not be worth it, and it may not be fit for the actual TLOPO site and just a Forums deal. Also, it could cause drama, as those who are determined to be the best may end up practicing bad loot ethic to reach the top. While it may not solve everything, perhaps loot ethic should be part of pirates' scores on the rank.
What do you think? Does this seem like a fun, competitive curve to the game or an unneeded, frustrating addition to looting? Let me know and fair winds.

I actual didn't vote. I really couldn't decided if I liked it or not. I mean there are pros and cons just like most every other idea.

PROS.
1. This would add some fun competition to the game.
2. It might make people (especially high level players) not quit the game when the max out, because they wanted to be on the top of the boards.

Cons
1. If things get too competitive people might fight over who has the better loot or just cause trouble
2. Everyone most understand looting is ENTIRELY luck based. People might say the time you loot is a factor but this is not really true. It's all luck. You might get a famed in 10 minutes looting but then it might take you an hour the next day in the same place. Now yes obviously if you loot for hours somewhere you have a much MUCH higher chance to get a famed then if you loot somewhere for 5 minutes, but it is still luck based. There is no BEST looter. It is rather the LUCKIEST looter. I have also heard people (and I admit I have said things like this before) say things like (here is one I said) "Grenades make loot bad." this is not true at all. It's just luck. Maybe a lot of times when people are using grenades I seem to get worse loot but that just a coincidence.

Ok yeah, yeah, yeah we get it Jack just a coincidence and luck sure.....

Ok let me tell you something

I played POTCO for years and I think I ended being lvl 44
I had 0 fames except for the one you get from El Patron and one I got from an event
(In otherwords I had no fames from looting anywhere)

Yet in TLOPO Beta (which has not even been out a full year)
I have 5 fames.... yes 5
(Just to be a bit more specific I have gotten all of these fames from loot skull chests either coming from General Darkhart or Tormenta (and one game from Dragoons in Beckett's Quarry.)

I have to agree with what Jack is saying. Unlike things like sports and e-sports, which require actual skill, looting is purely luck. It seems kind of unfair to rank people on a leaderboard based solely on luck, when there is no skill factor whatsoever involved.

Last edited:
I think when it was POTCO you could see leader boards of sorts by going to the Disney page. This wasn't an option in game. I think as mentioned basing it off of loot would be to random. You could do a system based off of - Number of ships sunk, enemies defeated, SvS points earned, PvP points earned etc etc and figure your leaders in the first 2 categories would probably be in the lead in the loot area.

Yes for example here are some things in POTCO that require skill. (and also luck because you need good items)
PvP
SvS
Sinking Ships
Fighting Enemies
Poker
Blackjack

This isn't a leaderboard kind of deal, it's judged by a committee of players based on their collective opinions, not officially counted by the game and put on the site. It'd likely be more of a Forums deal.
Yes.

My point is that there is no best looter because looting is all luck based. So trying to see who the best looter is would be annoying since its just luck. If you wanted to see who has the best loot then that would be different and I would have no argument against that. It's luck either way but the second way suggests that you know that its luck based but you just want to know who had the most luck and looted the best items. Savvy?

Yes.

My point is that there is no best looter because looting is all luck based. So trying to see who the best looter is would be annoying since its just luck. If you wanted to see who has the best loot then that would be different and I would have no argument against that. It's luck either way but the second way suggests that you know that its luck based but you just want to know who had the most luck and looted the best items. Savvy?
Best is a lazy and poor word choice, but I just mean the best collection in general. Perhaps "richest" would be a better word.

i dont remember those, the last major change i remember was like loot weapons and the visual updates for the island, i never saw brigs back when i played it

i dont remember those, the last major change i remember was like loot weapons and the visual updates for the island, i never saw brigs back when i played it
I remember Potco In my Sleep I had so many Pirates on 4 accts ~ lol , Yes they had Ranking for these ~

Back