1. MacOS Community: Apple, Inc at the Worldwide Developers Conference has recently announced changes to MacOS Mojave that will be impacting TLOPO's compatibility in the future. Read the latest blog post to see what this means for you.

The Mysterious Edward Teach

Discussion in 'POTCO Videos and Screenshots' started by Kate Goldwalker, May 26, 2011.

1. Kate Goldwalker

Kate Goldwalker Fairy Tail Girl

So last night after finishing my plundering with my crew, we land on Padres. I look over and see a pirate about to board a ship. His name caught my attention, so I pulled up his pirate card to make sure I wasnt seeing things. Suddenly he was gone, but I still got the screenshot of his card:
    screenshot_2011-05-24_22-04-19.jpg

2. Francis Gunshot

Site Founder

Hmm whats so interesting about his name about him?

3. JadeOHayes

Site Founder

Edward Teach was supposedly the 'real' name of Blackbeard. He is legendary, from what was believed to be the current North Carolina. That Edward Teach-the-pirate whose pirate card you pulled, happens to be my player friend. He's the gm of his guild. He has another mastered pirate named Nathaniel Shorebones. There is no mystery about him, he just knows a lot of stories about pirates (he was actually the person who told me who Edward Teach was, who he named his pirate after), and he admires Blackbeard. It has something to do with NC as well. ;)

4. Francis Gunshot

Site Founder

Thats so cool thanks Jade!!!!!! :D

5. JohnnyDaPirate

Wiki Staff

Wow, thats Awesome

6. Kate Goldwalker

Kate Goldwalker Fairy Tail Girl

Yeah, I wanted to say something to him before he boarded a ship about his name. I may be crazy, IDK, but I do like reading pirate names in game. And when I do run across one that is of a famous person, I love it. I'm glad that players like him bring real pirate lore and legends into the game.
    I wanted to see if anyone caught his name... that is why I gave this topic the title I did. ;)

James O'martin likes this.
  7. Amelia Darkskull

Site Founder

Edward Teach? Thats cool i didnt no that was his real name. Blackbeard makes a better pirate name

8. Will Nightwolf

Will Nightwolf Legendary Pirate
    Site Founder

I thought blackbeard was always called blackbeard. He was born and the first thing you see on his birth certificate is first name black, last name beard.

9. Johnny Mak

Lead Mod

well this is true... edward teach doesnt really strike the holier than thou persona his Blackbeard identity personified lol i really gotta say i'd stick around if i heard edward teach was coming to wreck my ship..."yeah lets see that guy" lol

10. Rose Sunslipper

Site Founder

lol.. i would of never noticed it. should probably start reading up on 'piratey' things... P=