The Mysterious Edward Teach

Kate Goldwalker

Fairy Tail Girl
So last night after finishing my plundering with my crew, we land on Padres. I look over and see a pirate about to board a ship. His name caught my attention, so I pulled up his pirate card to make sure I wasnt seeing things. Suddenly he was gone, but I still got the screenshot of his card:
screenshot_2011-05-24_22-04-19.jpg

Edward Teach was supposedly the 'real' name of Blackbeard. He is legendary, from what was believed to be the current North Carolina. That Edward Teach-the-pirate whose pirate card you pulled, happens to be my player friend. He's the gm of his guild. He has another mastered pirate named Nathaniel Shorebones. There is no mystery about him, he just knows a lot of stories about pirates (he was actually the person who told me who Edward Teach was, who he named his pirate after), and he admires Blackbeard. It has something to do with NC as well. ;)

Yeah, I wanted to say something to him before he boarded a ship about his name. I may be crazy, IDK, but I do like reading pirate names in game. And when I do run across one that is of a famous person, I love it. I'm glad that players like him bring real pirate lore and legends into the game.
I wanted to see if anyone caught his name... that is why I gave this topic the title I did. ;)

I thought blackbeard was always called blackbeard. He was born and the first thing you see on his birth certificate is first name black, last name beard.

I thought blackbeard was always called blackbeard. He was born and the first thing you see on his birth certificate is first name black, last name beard.

well this is true... edward teach doesnt really strike the holier than thou persona his Blackbeard identity personified lol i really gotta say i'd stick around if i heard edward teach was coming to wreck my ship..."yeah lets see that guy" lol

Back