THE NEW PIRATES MOVIE GROSSES A "HUMONGUS" 127,100,00 $ in the box office

Cap'ain Valentine

Wanted Pirate
The pirates of the caribbean movie grossed at its opening day an estimated 35,000,000 $
and another 92,100,000 in the worldwide box office but how does it compare to its sister movies....?
On Friday, Pirates Of The Caribbean
: On Stranger Tides swooped in with the top-grossing first day of the year so far. The supernatural swashbuckler claimed an estimated $35 million at 4,155 locations, edging out FastFive's $34.4 million Friday launch. That was also the tenth highest-grossing May opening day ever, slotting behind Iron Man's $35.2 million. Since nearly half of On Stranger Tides' gross was from 3D presentations (and due to today's general ticket prices), its attendance level would not chart as highly.

5/19: While it's just nowSailing domestically , Pirates Of The Caribbean
: On Stranger Tides kicked off its foreign run on Wednesday. The movie earned $18.5 million from 10 markets on its first day, then added $25.7 million from 37 territories on Thursday. According to distributor Walt Disney Pictures, its $44.2 million two-day haul was up 10 percent from Pirates Of The Caribbean: At Worlds END. That movie went on to have one of the highest-grossing overseas debuts ever with $216 million on its way to a massive $654 million total.

Here is A Chart Of the Grossing Lists

All Time Domestic 1,735

Top Movies in the Past 365 Days 89

Opening Day Gross 24

3D 50

Pirates 8

Stick around this list will be updated :)

Okk Update time
SECOND UPDATE:
The All ime domestic made a HUGE leap From 1,735 to ((549)) WOOT <<now thats what i call ranking

Top Movies in the Past 365 Days 37

Opening Day Gross 24

Pirate 5

3D 31

Just saw this on yahoo movies:

Weekend Box Office Report
'Pirates' sequel sets a worldwide box office record with $256.3 million.

I contributed :) LOVED the movie!

- The reengineered "Pirates of the Caribbean" sequel "On Stranger Tides" found its smoothest sailing overseas, where it took in a record $256.3 million at the international box office, according to studio estimates Sunday.
That surpasses the previous record foreign opening of the sixth "Harry Potter" film, 2009's " Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince ," which earned $236 million internationally.
Walt Disney co. said "On Stranger Tides," the fourth "Pirates" installment, earned $90.1 million domestically. Its combined worldwide total is $346.4 million, the fourth largest global opening ever.
YO HO YO HO A PIRATES LIFE FOR ME!!!

Nah i don't need money they should send it to the staff and get us some more servers and updates.

They are just 'workers' ... not 'decision makers', ya know ... The decision makers do NOT need money. They just need to find a better business strategy (read: bring back our old servers and make thorough updates). ;)

They are just 'workers' ... not 'decision makers', ya know ... The decision makers do NOT need money. They just need to find a better business strategy (read: bring back our old servers and make thorough updates). ;)

Servers = Money.... If we don't have the money then we don't get the servers.... This is a main topic on 'other' fansites for POTCO i'm not sure if it will be brought here.

Servers = Money.... If we don't have the money then we don't get the servers....

I'm fully aware of that. BUT the money from Walt Disney Pictures cannot be easily transfered to Disney.com (read: Potco part of Disney.com). Those two are separate entities, even though they carry the word "Disney", as I mentioned on my other post. It's too simplified to think that since both are under Disney umbrella, money can easily be moved from one company to the others at the same group. Basically, the net money they make from the movie will wait for the decision makers within that group.

I'm just responding to your previous statement, quote: "Hmmm they should send some of that money to the Pirates Online Staff" end quote. "Pirate Online Staff", quote mine: "They are just 'workers' ... not 'decision makers'
end quote. The decision makers of Potco part of Disney.com need to find a way to make money, and it's not necessarily coming from the net revenue made by Walt Disney Pictures; even though if they make a business deal between them, that's not surprising.

Back