Discussion The next step...

Fred Anderson

Forum Mod
As a person who hates change, especially to a game that has been remade. I understand that we all want to soak up that nostalgic feeling, but I think its time we should implement a controversial feature. Trading. Hear me out before you go against me in the replies. I personally have no feelings towards trading, if you want to show you got something legit post a screenshot of getting it through looting. Otherwise, let the other people that want to trade, trade.

I don't know about you guys but I have my moments with this game, its common within grindy games. I get bored because grinding for Dark Black Cottons Trousers is boring and then I return a few days and leave. I feel like implementing trading could bring Abassa to where it was with everyone flooding it. It creates Tortuga as a trading center in Abassa. We need something new other than just adding new weapons, new shops, and I think trading will solve that issue. It also doesn't just have to be trading within weapons and clothing, it can be material as well.

All Im saying it will bring more to the table in every aspect. You got guilds that might want to charge an entry fee. You got people that got repeats where as other people really want that repeated item. You got people discussing that they trade this item for that item. Whatcha say?

this topic has already been addressed as the awnser for trading ever being added I believe has been confirmed as a big fat we are not doing it do the to fact you could scam people out of there hard earned legendarys or mat or coins

this topic has already been addressed as the awnser for trading ever being added I believe has been confirmed as a big fat we are not doing it do the to fact you could scam people out of there hard earned legendarys or mat or coins
That is easily preventable by having a double confirmation and having the users to lock in again after someone adds or removes an item within the trading. If you've played MMORPGs, you'd know thats one way scamming is prevented. For inviting to a guild, the person can simply be asked to first be invited and if he or she doesn't pay up after being invited, the person can kick them out. I guess, the guild inviting part can be tricky since they could kick them out after paying but so it'd be a case by case scenario.

Peoples minds can always change just because they say NO once in the past doesnt mean it will always be no... Simply they might not have heard the right ideas yet.. I do agree that something new needs to occur. Trading im not sure if thats the thing people are looking for but i do have many friends and guildies that talk about it all the time..

I don't recall the developers saying no to trading; but there have been a few users who have indicated it would be an undesirable in-game feature. The "drama" for any past discussions of the topic was just the typical runaway negativity that happens on any hot-button topic here.

I personally see trading as a good potential future feature, if done properly (whatever that means lol).

In the short of things, I stick to my guns in saying that it isnt something that the community is digging for, and I still dont believe that yearning behind this idea will cover that gap in content you discussed in your original post.

However, if the Developers (Thank you for your input, @deanaug!) were to go and take every precaution necessary, I wouldn't mind seeing the hot topic of a feature become a reality in our beloved game.

Thanks for the post, @Fred Anderson!

I don’t think trading should be that easy if it was implemented. To prevent lazy players from getting their guild master’s duplicates. Kinda ruins the game for those who work hard for it.

I think there should be something similar to the galactic trade network in Star Wars the Old Republic. The GTN allows players to sell their items for credits (in game currency), and as for safety, there is no way to be scammed. Once you put an item on the GTN, it is removed from your inventory until it is bought, or until the sell timer runs out. Which means you can’t scam anyone. Additionally, if you’re purchasing something, and someone else buys the item in question a few moments before you do, you get a full refund back from the GTN. So you can continue hunting for that item.

Items don’t necessarily have to be sold for gold. Quite frankly, gold doesn’t have much use, though for some players who have items to sell, can be very useful. Additionally, the current gold cap doesn’t really help either, considering you can only hold 300k. Still, this gives a “trading” feeling in tlopo, while forcing people to work for it, since they do have to pay in exorbitant amounts of gold for the bigger items.

It’s also quite interesting to track because it’ll end up having its own market and trends. Sellers follow those trends, and they’ll come out with riches.

TL;DR I propose something similar to SWTOR’s Galactic Trade Network, along with a gold cap removal. Or a bank.

You would be incorrect with that contention. Sorry.

[insert long-winded, official-sounding, link and formatting heavy, fallacy-heavy, blissfully inciteful, willfully ignorant, gratuitously sophisticated, passive-aggressive, typo-heavy, heavily implying that OP is in some way guilty of something or below me, censoring, unsympathetically matter-of-fact, albeit lazy, rehashed explanation of why trading won't be implemented, here]

edit: called it lol

Last edited:
In the short of things, I stick to my guns in saying that it isnt something that the community is digging for, and I still dont believe that yearning behind this idea will cover that gap in content you discussed in your original post.

However, if the Developers (Thank you for your input, @deanaug!) were to go and take every precaution necessary, I wouldn't mind seeing the hot topic of a feature become a reality in our beloved game.

Thanks for the post, @Fred Anderson!
NERF TRADING!

Oh wait.

Peoples minds can always change just because they say NO once in the past doesnt mean it will always be no... Simply they might not have heard the right ideas yet.. I do agree that something new needs to occur. Trading im not sure if thats the thing people are looking for but i do have many friends and guildies that talk about it all the time..
Giving captains the right to control their own ships wasn't going to work, right? Booting was going to kill the game. Perhaps things should be tried before the they are deemed failures.

Anything will probably work in this game, but I think the important thing to be considered is the player has the choice to do so. If I don't like a feature, if it isn't impacting my experience, I don't have to do it.

@Freebooter/Boots this topic has been bhought up for the past 3 years keep in mind for each thread to be locked by the mods due to the drama behind it
I find this interesting how you say they said this yet no one else remembers this and even a News Reporter and Forum Mod replied here.. Interestingly enough all @Fred Anderson was doing is giving a new suggestion about this topic whether you agree or not is your POV. I personally think he is just fine posting this thread.
Do I agree with trading that's a no. I do agree that something else needs to be added. Seems they are just adding many weapons, shops, etc. I personally feel they need to add more inventory if they keep adding more weapons and clothes (this is another topic though). I also want to thank Fred for this thread whether others want to agree or not..

Back