Discussion The next step...

After everything TLOPO developers have kindly brought us you would think something that was already in the game files would be dropped before new content. I mean... that would be a logical thing to do but they haven't nor will they. Trading will eliminate the vast majority of looters. No one that actually takes looting serious is going to set there and loot for someone.
No one really knows for sure what will happen when trading comes out people are just freaking out without at least giving trading a chance

No one really knows for sure what will happen when trading comes out people are just freaking out without at least giving trading a chance
I don't get this whole "give it a chance" thing.
The people who wanted it would like it, and the people who didn't want it would hate it.
Its not really something you have to get a feel for since it is exactly what it sounds like.

The people who wanted it would like it, and the people who didn't want it would hate it.
Its not really something you have to get a feel for since it is exactly what it sounds like.
I was just thinking I remember when I and others freaked out about the developers changing the ship ai to make it more challenging about I thought they ruined sailing but it turned out pretty ok after I got used to the change and actually experienced it, now by all means I'm not really comparing trading to ship ai just that people were upset before even giving it a chance. If people don't want trading to happen then why not let others that do experience it and just ignore it

I was just thinking I remember when I and others freaked out about the developers changing the ship ai to make it more challenging about I thought they ruined sailing but it turned out pretty ok after I got used to the change and actually experienced it, now by all means I'm not really comparing trading to ship ai just that people were upset before even giving it a chance. If people don't want trading to happen then why not let others that do experience it and just ignore it
Even with this different way of obtaining a legendary through looted material is balanced so the looters don't get unset about everyone obtaining a legendary. I think the TLOPO Crew are very smart and will find a way to make it happen to ensure both parties are equally happy.

This thread definitely ties to looting because trading directly effects it. Whether looting is a massive part of this game, is NOT subjective. Thats ridiculous.
Good afternoon Burnrose. Again sir, you are injecting your personal feelings and purpose as if it's a fact. Everyone has their reasons and feelings about this game. Which is totally natural and to be vocal about it as well. But one persons feelings do not make it universal.

The topic is trading, not looting and why trading allegedly ruins looting and the game. How can there be damage and ruination if the subject isn't even experienced. Trading is a tool on it's own. Looting is just another part of the game and removing all emotion, conditioning and 'feelings' of all personal matters, trading and looting are separate functions that can support each other. Trade can most certainly exist even if there was no independent looting like before, you would just trade clothes and items earned in Quests. One even may or may not trade quest items.

I can't predict what a feature would do to the game and I have no vested interest of a collection or accomplishments to do so.
People probably should chill, and give a feature a chance to make it or break it on it's own merit. The game didn't die or close or even burp when they added public ship booting.

Looking at this now, I guess I can say that elootists and non looters are even in their accomplishments. Vocal elootists got their nerfs and vocal non looters got their public boot. So, the sides are 1 and 1.

Along the same lines, I don't understand why someone else feels entitled to tell ME what I should do with MY in-game items. I don't give a fig how YOU spend your time playing (that's your call!), nor what you do or don't do with any resultant earned/looted/whatever stuff.

This game offers a variety of activities/features you can choose (or not) to utilize. If you're not into trading, then by all means don't participate in it. If I am, and want to exchange a few items (with NO actual cash exchanging hands, as ridiculous as that is), then that's my business.

Also, if people WERE to trade any preciouses, how would you even know anyway?? It's not like each transaction will be posted in-game for the world to see.

I fail to understand your failure to understand.
I didn't mention anything about "the pve world" so I guess I fail to understand why you are mentioning it and what you mean by it. I am once again not following. Care to elaborate on that section of your post?
@JackScurvyGull
Sure I'll try to elaborate. You didn't mention pve? So, am I to assume your negative basis for trading is all about PVP balance and such? You have to be a little more concise as well. Since you did not specify what sector of the game you're referring to, I have to assume you mean the whole game entity. That your contention against trading falls under pvp and pve. Which is why I'm at odds with your logics as I see pvp as an entirely different subset of tlopo. Pvp normally doesn't infringe on other types of play for the most part in almost all mmo's. In almost every mmo I know of, pvp armor and buffs doesn't normally give a boost to pvp armor and are actually inventoried as two separate entities. I obviously can't say this for a fact, but it is an observation that has been fairly accurate.
So Jack, are we talking two different game elements here with one not really influencing the other?
Thx.

Last edited:
After everything TLOPO developers have kindly brought us you would think something that was already in the game files would be dropped before new content. I mean... that would be a logical thing to do but they haven't nor will they. Trading will eliminate the vast majority of looters. No one that actually takes looting serious is going to set there and loot for someone.
@Blane
I would submit that is very subjective, self centered and protectionist convoluted logic.
And doesn't seem to have anything to do with the greater community or game advancement.

"No one that actually takes looting serious is going to set there and loot for someone..."

That's kind of it in a nutshell isn't it? I have mine, you can't have it and I don't want you to have better than I.
Pretty much says it all for the minority without even trying.
It has nothing to do with trading does it. It's all about the haves and have nots.
Thank you for the clarity and honesty. Now perhaps we can get on with the discussion about trying trading before shutting down something that isn't even open yet.

GL

It's beta, developers try things out. If the developers listened to all the players comments, this game could have been gone a long time ago.
Trading is just another feature to try, like an invasion or Halloween event. We're supposed to test stuff. Not fight it because some people did something else in game not really associated with beta testing.

It's important to emphasize, you can love it or hate like you said, but there should be an opportunity of choice to decide. You can't decide if it's not allowed to be in game.

Last edited:
Just because other threads exist, doesn't mean the topic has to be closed. Those threads were closed for very obvious reasons, something that everyone involved in the discussion here has done well to avoid.

I'm not stating that this thread must be closed, as I said earlier, "Let everyone express their opinion before we close it."

No, keep it open. This is a healthy discussion. Let everyone express their opinion before we close it.

I just provided those other threads as a reference to show how much this has already been discussed.

@Blane
I would submit that is very subjective, self centered and protectionist convoluted logic.
And doesn't seem to have anything to do with the greater community or game advancement.

"No one that actually takes looting serious is going to set there and loot for someone..."

That's kind of it in a nutshell isn't it? I have mine, you can't have it and I don't want you to have better than I.
Pretty much says it all for the minority without even trying.
It has nothing to do with trading does it. It's all about the haves and have nots.
Thank you for the clarity and honesty. Now perhaps we can get on with the discussion about trying trading before shutting down something that isn't even open yet.

GL

"No one that actually takes looting serious is going to set there and loot for someone then trade that some one.”

I was kind enough to fix it for you @squintz I just realized how terrible that sounded. I’m so sorry.

Last edited:
This gave me a chance to tally up 'feelings' of forum members about trading.
Of the 38 total trading type original threads so far, I took the numbers from the ones that bothered to make polls. Interestingly, many original trading threads which were clearly against trading wouldn't include a poll. Of the few that seemed to designed to conform the poll to show trading in a negative light actually failed. People still voted for trading. Opposition to trading barely broke 50% against trading in 3 out of 7 known published polls. Historically in over ten years of talking about trading, opposition has been in the vast minority. I don't see the massive support against trading in these published numbers. Matter of fact, I don't see the numbers of members claiming damages sufficient enough to support stopping trading from being added.

FOR TRADING ------------------ AGAINST TRADING
56 -------------------------------- 41
200 -------------------------------- 114
this poll was designed to try to show trading as a negative and it didn't work. People still voted in favor of trading.
17 ------------------------------- 3
19 ------------------------------ 6
168 ------------------------------- 78
Even back in potco days:

42 ------------------------------- 3
27 ------------------------------ 5

And then I found this back in the day:
https://piratesforums.co/threads/trading-coming-soon.7030/

If trading is never going to happen or even thought about by disney or tlopo developers, what exactly is this?
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4u2VcQ0v_k&feature=youtu.be

Here's a thread from almost 10 years ago with a few very familiar names.
https://piratesforums.co/threads/piratey-trading.311/

Last edited:
Looting is easily the biggest part of The Legend of Pirates Online. Looking for legendaries is pretty much the only thing you can do once you've maxed your pirate currently endgame-wise. There should be at least 1 tier of item that you actually should need to work hard to get like the rest of everybody else. Legendaries should not be tradable.

Looting is easily the biggest part of The Legend of Pirates Online. Looking for legendaries is pretty much the only thing you can do once you've maxed your pirate currently endgame-wise. There should be at least 1 tier of item that you actually should need to work hard to get like the rest of everybody else. Legendaries should not be tradable.
We have a breakthrough....
Jack, you’re a genius

Back