Suggestion The Official Clothing Suggestion Thread

We have certainly considered the option, but it's unfortunately not as simple as it seems. EITC and Navy pants have the shoes attached as part of the model. This would need to be changed.

use the Diplomat clothing line from the peddler as a model, they could be re-colored and would look very similar to the Navy's uniform! especially the pants and shoes!

The diplomat clothing is literally the EITC outfit, minus the hat (which would be incredibly easy)
PROOF: http://piratesonline.wikia.com/wiki/The_Diplomat#Old_Style

Unfortunately, it's not the EITC outfit exactly. We want to get the EITC and Navy outfits right before we release them. We don't want to do reskins of current pants models that look like the EITC/Navy pants. We want to use the actual models the NPCs wear. Unfortunately, we can't do that just yet due to some limitations when editing the player model. We need to edit the model to help fix clipping issues with the pants, and remove the shoes which are considered part of the pants model. When we're able to crack that, we'll absolutely bring EITC and Navy clothes into the game for players.

Unfortunately, it's not the EITC outfit exactly. We want to get the EITC and Navy outfits right before we release them. We don't want to do reskins of current pants models that look like the EITC/Navy pants. We want to use the actual models the NPCs wear. Unfortunately, we can't do that just yet due to some limitations when editing the player model. We need to edit the model to help fix clipping issues with the pants, and remove the shoes which are considered part of the pants model. When we're able to crack that, we'll absolutely bring EITC and Navy clothes into the game for players.
Alright, good to know you guys are committed to quality.
In the meantime, can we please get an accented admiral's hat? Shouldn't be too difficult and I know it'd be appreciated... ;)

Make rawhide corset & embroidered corset available to loot in all bright colors like other brights & make them dyeable as well!!!seriously, guys have almost all their stuff lootable as brights. "remember the ladies"- Abigail Adams

latest
latest

Last edited:
  • Navy blue version of the Valentine's Shirt
  • Adventure coat with red accents
  • Valentine's Hat with no red accents
  • Long sleeve version of the Layered Shirt dyed dark grey
  • Silk vest style vest with Caribbean Night Shirt grey texture
  • Gold-brimmed gaucho
  • Two-part peddler outfits that mix-'n-match easily
  • Adventure Ostrich Hat with a navy blue feather

• Valentine's Hat with no red accents

Something similar will ship very soon. ;)

• Gold-brimmed gaucho

Something similar is in the process, but was shelved. If there's interest we can certainly look into it.

Could you further explain?

As for the rest of them... noted. I can't promise anything one way or another, but these are cool ideas, and if we can find a place for them, I don't see why not.

Thanks Dent!

For the
idea, I was thinking essentially just matching peddler outfits that match in either color scheme or general style, but separated by X months. For example, one peddler set has a blue color scheme, another grey, with the same design, & with names that play off each other, or opposite, two sets with colors that mesh nicely when "mixed and matched" so you could wear them together coherently. A good example of two sets meshing nicely color-wise would be the red in the Valentine's Shirt and the red of Capt. Blood's Long Coat. They can be worn together seamlessly.

The idea boils down to instead of the usual "Wow look, they match!" the sets actually match - and are a set.

Hope this helps!

I would love to see the China Seas Tall Black Boots offered in the Secret Shop!! They are my fave boots & only black talls in game so far! Maybe able to get in other colors also besides the original black

Color hair pretty plz!! The moldy green color is already in game.. can we have pink, purple, etc? I posted before bout more bright corsets for old grove, rose petel, embroidered, etc.. so I again second that vote. Also maybe bright and db long jackets that look a little better then the ones females have now? The guys ones look really good and ours look like it hadnt been wash in a year :3

Hey, everyone!

With the launch of Hollowed Woods, we released over 50 new items, 30 of which were all-new clothing items. This was a big step for us. Each of these items had brand new textures made exclusively for TLOPO.

Outside of the three new outfits we've made for Hollowed Woods, we've also developed a few for Peddlers. These will be released down the road when we're ready. You can preview one of the outfits, French Privateer, here and here.

The next logical step is to get the community involved in what we're making, and that's where this thread comes in! You can suggest new clothing designs to us directly! This is no guarantee that the ideas submitted here will be added to the game, but myself and the rest of the content development team will certainly take a peek at stuff submitted here for inspiration!

Unfortunately, there are some limitations to the types of clothes we can make at this time. For now, we can only do retextures of pre-existing clothing models. Now, this isn't as limiting as it sounds! For example, these two vests share the same model, but look completely different:

latest
latest

We hope to be able to add new models in the future, and if you have an idea that you really love that requires one, feel free to leave it below! Just know that it won't be considered until we've cracked the current issue.

Any model in the game is usable, whether worn by NPCs or pirates. Although some NPC clothing styles like what gypsies wear may be a tad glitchy. Feel free to check out the wiki page on clothing for some inspiration.

TL;DR:
  • Suggest new clothing items!
  • Either individual items or a full set.
  • We're limited to retexturing, no new models right now. You can suggest new models, but it won't be possible for awhile.
  • Not a guarantee that your suggestion will be developed, but we will look here for inspiration.
  • Please be as clear and descriptive with your idea as possible.
Please note that any designs you make and submit in this thread may be heavily edited if they are chosen to be added to the game.

That should be about it! Have fun coming up with some great new styles!

~ Dent, TLOPO Lead Storyline Developer & Texture Artist

STRIPEY TROUSERS

I was watching an old Gilligan's Island episode and Ginger had a dress/skirt that she'd made from the Minnow's Sail. It actually had the ship name printed on it.

ss-minnow-dress.jpg

So keep that in mind with the idea of skirts, dresses or corsets that appear to be made from sails or ship flags. There's a corset already that appears to be map from a map. This is a similar idea.

brit.jpg

I was watching an old Gilligan's Island episode and Ginger had a dress/skirt that she'd made from the Minnow's Sail. It actually had the ship name printed on it.

View attachment 107240

So keep that in mind with the idea of skirts, dresses or corsets that appear to be made from sails or ship flags. There's a corset already that appears to be map from a map. This is a similar idea.

View attachment 107241
Oh definitely a cute idea if done right! Could go perfectly with the Mother's day Treasure Map corset!!!

View attachment 107240

View attachment 107241
Ahhhh ... All episodes from Gilligan's Island are OLD ...... lol

Back