Suggestion The Official Tattoo Suggestion Thread

Ahoy, everyone!

We've been seeing some GREAT ideas for tattoo designs coming from the community over the past few weeks. They're incredibly inspiring, and we wanted to give you all a dedicated place to submit your works!

This functions much like the clothing suggestion thread, but the best part? There are fewer restrictions! No limitations by model or style. Let your creativity run wild!

Please note that TLOPO reserves the right to edit your design for implementation in the game. This may include colorizing, tracing, or even redesigning parts of your drawing. We may be doing this for a few reasons. For one, the game acknowledges white space in a tattoo as transparent, so anything white in your design won't be shown in-game. We may need to color it so it will show up. We may also clean up designs that were rough or sketched in pencil so that they're more professional and visible on the player.

Please do not submit any image that is not your own original work. We cannot use designs that are direct copies, or even imitations of other imagery. That is copyright infringement. We do not want to use someone else's work without their express permission. Designs that are traced, recolored, or modified by yourself still do not qualify. We cannot use them in any way.

Any art submitted here that is found to be plagiarized will not be added to the game, even if it fits our previous specifications.

Here are some of the player-submitted designs we've already worked on! They'll be coming to the game in the future in a larger update.

Colorizing:
screen_shot_2018-04-29_at_7.17.17_am.png screen_shot_2018-04-29_at_7.37.13_am.png

In-game:
ea26f0bf2182bfd7610550ac67d3a77d.png a0ef12fcf44a26acca9943a930a797be.png

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask them below in this thread.

That's it! Feel free to show off your creativity and submit designs below!

Last edited by a moderator:
Not really ideas for certain tattoo designs, but a visual representation of some tattoo variants I'd like to see (eg - sleeve/neck/back tattoos). I would love to see the back tattoo in the first pic though.

Are these designs your own? Or did you pick other photos and put them on the player body to demonstrate how they'd look?

Are these designs your own? Or did you pick other photos and put them on the player body to demonstrate how they'd look?
Nope, found random tattoo designs online and added them onto the char. One of the tattoos (neck one) is actually stolen from the peddler guy. I could try my hand at creating tattoo designs from scratch, later on. If I ever succeed, I'll upload the designs.

I have plenty of ideas for the future, so I'd love to start contributing to this thread when I can!

I do have a question @Johnny Sea Slasher , Do you think it would ever be possible to allow the players to layer 2 or more tattoos on their pirates? Such as face tattoos, having 'Jack Sparrow's Eye Paint" and pairing it with say the "Mother's Day Flower" tattoo?

And for the arm tattoos; having the option to apply different tattoos to the "Upper" and "Lower" arm?

I have plenty of ideas for the future, so I'd love to start contributing to this thread when I can!

I do have a question @Johnny Sea Slasher , Do you think it would ever be possible to allow the players to layer 2 or more tattoos on their pirates? Such as face tattoos, having 'Jack Sparrow's Eye Paint" and pairing it with say the "Mother's Day Flower" tattoo?

And for the arm tattoos; having the option to apply different tattoos to the "Upper" and "Lower" arm?
Definitely feel the need for this to be implemented. Categorizing tattoos depending on their positions would be quite difficult, of course, but it'd allow players to combine a larger range of tattoos together, which would be great.

Definitely feel the need for this to be implemented. Categorizing tattoos depending on their positions would be quite difficult, of course, but it'd allow players to combine a larger range of tattoos together, which would be great.
They could categorize them the same way they currently do but create an editor of some sort (similar to the one where you create your pirate) that allows you to reposition tattoos and overlay them.

Ahoy, everyone!

We've been seeing some GREAT ideas for tattoo designs coming from the community over the past few weeks. They're incredibly inspiring, and we wanted to give you all a dedicated place to submit your works!

This functions much like the clothing suggestion thread, but the best part? There are fewer restrictions! No limitations by model or style. Let your creativity run wild!

Please note that TLOPO reserves the right to edit your design for implementation in the game. This may include colorizing, tracing, or even redesigning parts of your drawing. We may be doing this for a few reasons. For one, the game acknowledges white space in a tattoo as transparent, so anything white in your design won't be shown in-game. We may need to color it so it will show up. We may also clean up designs that were rough or sketched in pencil so that they're more professional and visible on the player.

Here are some of the player-submitted designs we've already worked on! They'll be coming to the game in the future in a larger update.

Colorizing:
View attachment 103432 View attachment 103433 View attachment 103434

In-game:
View attachment 103437 View attachment 103435 View attachment 103436

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask them below in this thread.

That's it! Feel free to show off your creativity and submit designs below!

I'm speechless. Thank you so much!! I'll be working on some new designs soon!

This is a very good question! The way the tattoo system works now is a bit strange. They're split up into the "slots" that you see on your tattoo page. But then each tattoo has its own custom positioning (in theory). Most tattoos do use the same exact positioning, but for example, some tattoos show up on your upper shoulder, and some show up on your forearm, but both are considered part of the arm slot. We can do a variety of things like that with tattoos.

Changing this system to allow overlay would probably be tricky and is certainly out of my skill set. Same with adding other slots like Upper and Lower arms, or for areas on the back. Could it be done? Probably, but it'd be down the line when a dev has the free time and there aren't any other pressing issues.

Hope this cleared things up. :)

Last edited:
I am no artist. I'd like to see a tattoo on the back of a man, of a top down view of a dragon in flight; wings spread across the person's wing areas (just under the shoulders); head and neck up the back of the neck; body and tail down to the small of the back. various colors available, including purple. And then another view where the dragon is carrying a cross on it's back.

Back