Request The Only 2 things that I wish for loot

Ediego59

Pirate Apprentice
One thing that has honestly grinded my gears through my time in TLOPO is Opening a Skull chest and seeing a crude item weapon, I'm almost 100 Percent sure that there were only common or better in loot skull chests in POTCO and I want the loot to be more like that where it doesn't wanna make you bash your head in everytime you get a skull only to see Rusty Sabre, or Deckhands cutlass.

Second, I want people who are level 50 to have the same chance to loot a legendary as someone who is level 30, It doesnt make sense to lose something as you level up thats why i think that a level 50 should have the SAME chance of looting something worthwhile as a level 30, plus the idea of making a new pirate just too loot Legendaries makes me wanna cry

Can't get a crude weapon drop from skulls afaik.

Level 30 vs. level 50 has zero influence on whether a legendary will drop, also afaik.

Could you post a screenie of a crude weapon dropping from a skull?

One thing that has honestly grinded my gears through my time in TLOPO is Opening a Skull chest and seeing a crude item weapon, I'm almost 100 Percent sure that there were only common or better in loot skull chests in POTCO and I want the loot to be more like that where it doesn't wanna make you bash your head in everytime you get a skull only to see Rusty Sabre, or Deckhands cutlass.

Second, I want people who are level 50 to have the same chance to loot a legendary as someone who is level 30, It doesnt make sense to lose something as you level up thats why i think that a level 50 should have the SAME chance of looting something worthwhile as a level 30, plus the idea of making a new pirate just too loot Legendaries makes me wanna cry
Could you elaborate on your second paragraph about levels, thanks.

Level 30 vs. level 50 has zero influence on whether a legendary will drop, also afaik.

Well, dean, no disrespect, but you also said one could not get less than 6 gold from a skull and many have done so.
So I think nothing in this game is set in stone, like ever. What which was once was is no longer as. Or similar semi clever saying that I don't remember either.

Last edited:
Well, dean, not disrespect, but you also said one could not get less than 6 gold from a skull and many have done so.
So I think nothing in this game is set in stone, like ever. What which was once was is no longer as. Or similar semi clever saying that I don't remember either.
In the general case, it should not be possible to get <6 gold from a skull. The exception is the RC ghosts (+ others? not sure); you have an even chance of receiving 5 gold from those. I may have misled or misspoke whenever I addressed this previously.

I believe I made a post similar to this one once and provided screens of crude weapons from skulls on multiple occasions... I in fact have the same issue with this.

In the general case, it should not be possible to get <6 gold from a skull. The exception is the RC ghosts (+ others? not sure); you have an even chance of receiving 5 gold from those. I may have misled or misspoke whenever I addressed this previously.
You may have misspoke, but in no way were you being intentionally misleading.

honestly i dont believe that your level has anything to do with looting a legendary i think it may just boil down too luck..

ill admit it my luck was trash for like 7 months.

I believe I made a post similar to this one once and provided screens of crude weapons from skulls on multiple occasions... I in fact have the same issue with this.
This is true. But I also seem to remember a while ago a dev, or someone more knowledgeable than most did say something about skulls could have a chance to drop anything of any level, but more chance to drop green, blue and reds . If this were true, it makes sense to me.
A pouch drops everything up to a certain item level, a loot chest drops everything as pouch up to another higher item level, then a skull may drop every item of pouch& loot chest plus it's higher level items such as legendary.

Seems logical to me. I think it's annoying to find junk in skulls, but it may be a necessary drudgery of the game.

honestly i dont believe that your level has anything to do with looting a legendary i think it may just boil down too luck..

ill admit it my luck was trash for like 7 months.
Well then, explain the mechanics of only receiving only certain quest item levels or loot items pertaining to your rep level. You can't get some sword until you complete raven. Or the staff until you complete potions. That exists, the math is there, it's a logical computer system that runs on if then else kind of logic. You make 25, you now can loot level 30 swords. Or whatever.

How can one keep claiming luck in a scripted computer game. Is it luck you get back your sidewiders in the next skull chest? Is it luck when you get back your life potion in the very next skull chest or next? Is it luck we get almost useless cards and middle fingers? Forever?
The game goes by set formulas. The devs can massage those at will. To create any outcome they want. There really isn't any real randomness in tlopo. It's not creating new objects like minecraft.

Sorry boot. I just don't prescribe to total luck in this game. The luck of the draw only happens after each plateau you reach from what I figure.
If some sort of numbers don't match up, you won't get an item no matter how lucky you are.

Last edited:
While I've personally been unable to recall dropping any Crude weapons, I can respectfully comment in saying that your level does NOT in fact effect your drop chances. This entire game's looting system is base off of an algorithm of random numbers that in no way has correlation to a player's level or any specific details beside the minimum requirements to be able to find a certain tier of weapons.

While I've personally been unable to recall dropping any Crude weapons, I can respectfully comment in saying that your level does NOT in fact effect your drop chances. This entire game's looting system is base off of an algorithm of random numbers that in no way has correlation to a player's level or any specific details beside the minimum requirements to be able to find a certain tier of weapons.
This entire game's looting system is base off of an algorithm of random numbers that in no way has correlation to a player's level or any specific details beside the minimum requirements to be able to find a certain tier of weapons.
I agree, however, since you have to meet minimum requirements to attain certain tiers of weapons, is it a stretch to maintain that there is a possible combination of numbers that unlock legendary for you? It's a zillion combinations, but the math must be met.
Were equating all this to weapon or rep, but could it be related to an amount of treasure gathered? 1000 middle fingers? 3 legendary fish?
There are quests to have you collect pictures and teeth and other things, who's to say that those parameters must be met before unlocking high weapons and items? These are storyline quests. Perhaps one needs to complete all story-line quests to unlock high items? I think I didn't complete a couple early ones as I didn't want to mess with potions. I did not do ANY of the pvp quests.

I struggle with the suggestion that it coud be how many kills you have since I have easily surpassed 5K kills as well as over a thousand bosses so far.

This entire game's looting system is base off of an algorithm of random numbers that in no way has correlation to a player's level or any specific details beside the minimum requirements to be able to find a certain tier of weapons.
I agree, however, since you have to meet minimum requirements to attain certain tiers of weapons, is it a stretch to maintain that there is a possible combination of numbers that unlock legendary for you? It's a zillion combinations, but the math must be met.
Were equating all this to weapon or rep, but could it be related to an amount of treasure gathered? 1000 middle fingers? 3 legendary fish?
There are quests to have you collect pictures and teeth and other things, who's to say that those parameters must be met before unlocking high weapons and items? These are storyline quests. Perhaps one needs to complete all story-line quests to unlock high items? I think I didn't complete a couple early ones as I didn't want to mess with potions. I did not do ANY of the pvp quests.

I struggle with the suggestion that it coud be how many kills you have since I have easily surpassed 5K kills as well as over a thousand bosses so far.
In regards to this, there might be a possible combination out there, but the hard fact and line of it is that unless someone who specifically works on the code for item drops, we may never know. It's far fetched, Yeah, but it definitely has it's possibilities way down at the base level.

level 30 have a gigantic advantage, especially if they haven't leveled other skills.
for example, if I have my cannon level 30 but everything else locked and level 1, i'll get a famed ram every time but as a 50 you'll never see a famed ram, this also works for swords and everything else

I've certainly never seen a crude item in a skull chest and I support the concept of legendaries dropping at the same rate regardless of player lvl. The higher lvl player has a higher chance of getting legendaries through their more powerful health and attack which enables them to loot higher lvl enemies. It's true that there are many little tricks that enable low lvls to win skulls from high lvl enemies but I consider that a good part of the game. Looting with a crew when you are low lvl should be rewarded and you will lvl rapidly if you do so I just don't see any issue with it. The same goes for leveling only one thing so you can quickly get all the best of that type. These are tricks that fade as you play more hours, all part of the game.

Back