Idea The Problem & Solution to Outcast's Devil Root

Would you like to see any of these ideas implemented into the game?

• Total voters
I am certain Devil Root already does give a legendary. [My post]
I don't see any problem with your suggestion though, expect for the fact that I think the Devs are already way ahead of you. ;)

In terms of a legendary staff however, It would only be useful if it had something like...
Attack 40
"Spirit Lore +5" - [Decreasing casting time]
"Flaming Skull +3" [Best Staff Skill]
"Sure Footed Rank 3" [Good to match lore from slaying Devil Root and his consistent Earth quacks]
lol "earth quacks"

Misha my boy, why have I never seen this post before?

I like the idea. There are so many legendary swords (and while I do love swords), there needs to be a wider variety of legendary weapons to use. It would make the game even more interesting and much less repetitive.

Devilroot seemed to drop chests last night but they never appeared ..... " chi ching " ... In fact no loot ever appeared ...... lol

I completely agree with the notion that islands need to have more of a prominent use! far too often you see players go to the more "important" parts of the game (ie where you can get legendary loot). With something like this implemented one of the almost never used islands could now have a use. I hope the tlopo dev team really takes a look into this as well as the other islands so they can see some love as well!

As time has gone by I've become less enamored with the single source legendary concept. I feel it has worked to alleviate looting pressure on the gold room and south idol and it is nice for the players to have a higher chance at a specific legendary but once you get that item you no longer have reason to loot that boss and it only makes the specific bosses that have the new legendaries more popular. Don't get me wrong, I like the new boss legendaries but I feel it's been done and it's time for something new. Maybe new legendaries that only come from a certain type of enemy, in this case stumps. Maybe any stump might drop the Dreadroot and Devil Root, being the highest lvl stump, would be the most likely to drop it since he drops more skulls. This would increase Devil Root's popularity but also make hitting other stumps both on Outcast and in El Sudodon more rewarding. Such a strategy could make places like the Catacombs, Cutthroat, and Cangrejos much more viable for high level players.

As time has gone by I've become less enamored with the single source legendary concept. I feel it has worked to alleviate looting pressure on the gold room and south idol and it is nice for the players to have a higher chance at a specific legendary but once you get that item you no longer have reason to loot that boss and it only makes the specific bosses that have the new legendaries more popular. Don't get me wrong, I like the new boss legendaries but I feel it's been done and it's time for something new. Maybe new legendaries that only come from a certain type of enemy, in this case stumps. Maybe any stump might drop the Dreadroot and Devil Root, being the highest lvl stump, would be the most likely to drop it since he drops more skulls. This would increase Devil Root's popularity but also make hitting other stumps both on Outcast and in El Sudodon more rewarding. Such a strategy could make places like the Catacombs, Cutthroat, and Cangrejos much more viable for high level players.

I could definitely see species-specific loot be a way to change the game to a certain degree, and now looking back (Since I haven't updated this concept in awhile.) I think I would definitely agree if it were to be changed in such a way.

Wow! Very well written, balanced, and good idea! I definitely like it, you have some wonderful skills my friend! :)

Back