Idea The Problem & Solution to Outcast's Devil Root

Would you like to see any of these ideas implemented into the game?

• Total voters

Misha

Site Founder
Welcome ladies and gentlemen to my own personal interpretation to what I think should be done with Outcast Isle, and more importantly, the infamous baddie at hand, Devil Root.

Devil Root is Outcast's toughest enemy, standing between levels 33-40 with a gracious 15,250 to 18,750 total HP. He stands at the Northern end of the island and is surrounded by Ancient flytraps who will attack without warning.

Well, okay, but what's the problem with him?

The problem with Devil Root, amongst many bosses to date, it is completely useless for the normal player to attempt to combat and kill him.

So, let me propose my suggestion.

As we know right now, the number of TLOPO's Legendaries are primarily made up of Cutlasses, with a lesser emphasis on guns and daggers, and absolutely nothing on Voodoo Dolls and Staves. Let's change that. Devil Root is the perfect enemy in the game, being created into his evil self through the power of Voodoo, to wield the first Legendary Voodoo weapon in TLOPO, shown below.

65b5aa6a3470cc2c2c9459bcf2c50b96.png

This weapon, otherwise known as Dreadroot is a Legendary class of Voodoo staff that could be obtained from Devil Root as a loot drop, making him vastly more relevant and making staves as a whole more competitive in the weapon meta.

Now, what I propose..

What if, now hear me out, upon release of this weapon Outcast Isle is bumped up to end game activity levels? We're talking a Foulberto Smasho of bosses a master class Cursed Stump, and it will be the only creature of that in the Caribbean to have the origins of this dreaded weapon.

Essentially, what this gives the development team time to do is not only include a whole new class of weapon, and a whole new re-purposed use to the Outcast Isle, it could even include a questline and add more story to the Caribbean so that players have something new to do, and get some great loot out of it!

Now, obviously above is very far fetched, but assuming Development continues at the same pace as it is right now when all content from the previous game has been carried over, I could personally see this as being a nice side area to use. Let's be honest, what is Outcast Isle REALLY used for right now? Well, if it involves a Storyline, I'd be happy to find out!

All constructive criticism to this idea is accepted and well taken as long as it is INDEED criticism and not irrational hatred. Thanks!​

Last edited:
I really like your mock-up. Also, this idea of yours can be expanded and applied to more islands in the Caribbean to have an equally spread out community (and no empty isles). Instead of it purely being a legendary weapon update, it can act as much more.

Multiple legendary voodoo dolls, staves, daggers and pistols can be introduced alongside their very own questlines and unique locations. If there aren’t enough bosses and resources (textures, locations) to support this idea, more challenging bosses, NPCs, villages/populated areas and enemy (on-land & sea) types can be introduced alongside the major expansion update.

There could be 6 legendary weapon types implemented per questline/storyline which you can only pick 1/4 of. Making 2 of these 6 only obtainable by looting in certain areas upon completing the relevant questline.

As most islands primarily consist of empty land, towns/villages (and their inhabitants) can be introduced alongside this expansion update. The NPCs within these areas can also offer multiple side-quests.

Example scenario: A small island can be added around Outcast Isle with the population being rightfully called the Outcasts who consist of both traitors and accused individuals who all have unique stories to tell and need help with getting rid of the stumps and ancient fly traps around Outcast Isle. New lore can be introduced, explaining the origins of these mystical creatures. They could perhaps be the cursed remains of captains who mutinied or stood against Jolly Roger.

With these villages come new clothing types, tattoos, jewelry, weapons and other cosmetic features.

New areas/villages within pre-existing islands would also assist in shifting user focus from one or two islands to many islands. These villages could act as many things like new player hangout spots, new invasion areas and Guild HQs. They could also possibly introduce new game mechanics and additions (in the future) such as trading, crafting, weapon types, etc.

Summary:
-More legendary weapon types
-New legendary weapon questlines
-New enemy types (bosses, ships, enemies)
-New villages and NPCs with stories to tell
-New lore
-Future possibilities (new additions to TLOPO)

Last edited:
I really like your mock-up. Also, this idea of yours can be expanded and applied to more islands in the Caribbean to have an equally spread out community (and no empty isles). Instead of it purely being a legendary weapon update, it can act as much more.

Multiple legendary voodoo dolls, staves, daggers and pistols can be introduced alongside their very own questlines and unique locations. If there aren’t enough bosses and resources (textures, locations) to support this idea, more challenging bosses, NPCs, villages/populated areas and enemy (on-land & sea) types can be introduced alongside the major expansion update.

There could be 6 legendary weapon types implemented per questline/storyline which you can only pick 1/4 of. Making 2 of these 6 only obtainable by looting in certain areas upon completing the relevant questline.

As most islands primarily consist of empty land, towns/villages (and their inhabitants) can be introduced alongside this expansion update. The NPCs within these areas can also offer multiple side-quests.

Example scenario: A small island can be added around Outcast Isle with the population being rightfully called the Outcasts who consist of both traitors and accused individuals who all have unique stories to tell and need help with getting rid of the stumps and ancient fly traps around Outcast Isle. New lore can be introduced, explaining the origins of these mystical creatures. They could perhaps be the cursed remains of captains who mutinied or stood against Jolly Roger.

With these villages come new clothing types, tattoos, jewelry, weapons and other cosmetic features.

New areas/villages within pre-existing islands would also assist in shifting user focus from one or two islands to many islands. These villages could act as many things like new player hangout spots, new invasion areas and Guild HQs. They could also possibly introduce new game mechanics and additions (in the future) such as trading, crafting, weapon types, etc.

Summary:
-More legendary weapon types
-New legendary weapon questlines
-New enemy types (bosses, ships, enemies)
-New villages and NPCs with stories to tell
-New lore
-Future possibilities (new additions to TLOPO)
I absolutely adore your idea, thank you for expanding upon this. It would be a great addition indeed, and though it may be awhile, I'm glad I'm not the only one here.

There is a big need for higher tier staves and dolls. Some rare drops on more obscure bosses could be a good solution.

There is a big need for higher tier staves and dolls. Some rare drops on more obscure bosses could be a good solution.
As mentioned above, it would fix both the problem of a lack of higher tiered weapons for Voodoo gear, as well as giving people another reason to go to these out-of-the-way bosses. And even more if you put your head to it!

There's so many famed and legendary swords and daggers while the staff doesn't even have any famed and doll no legendary - This would be very nice to see in the game eventually :D

Before I get started, let me encourage any users who do not know what I am talking about to check the following article down below, the Boss's Dossier if you wish.
http://piratesonline.wikia.com/wiki/Devil_Root

So as stated in the article, Devil Root is a boss that spawns in the Caribbean's Outcast Isle.
Well, okay, but what's the problem with him?

The problem with Devil Root, amongst many bosses to date, he is completely useless for the normal player.

So, let me purpose my suggestion. As we know right now, the Legendary quantity in which TLOPO has, and even worse off for certain classes of weapons, including Dolls and Voodoo Staves, is that there are a very minimal amount of weapons in the game past a select few worth grinding for or picking up. Well, this natural abomination makes perfect refuge for a little weapon design I thought up and designed crudely via photoshop myself..
053c1dfa4e4f030e73a285c723d8ab2a.png

Disregard the Crude nature of the image, but this is what I could come up with for an example. This weapon, otherwise known as Dread Root is a Legendary class of Voodoo staff, and through balancing and the additions of Famed Classes of Voodoo Staves, could easily be another weapon a late game player could strive for.

Now, what I purpose..

What if, now hear me out, upon release of this weapon Outcast Isle is bumped up to end game activity levels? We're talking a Foulberto Smasho of bosses a master class Cursed Stump, and it will be the only creature of that in the Caribbean to have the origins of this dreaded weapon.

Essentially, what this gives the development team time to do is not only include a whole new class of weapon, and a whole new re-purposed use to the Outcast Isle, it could even include a questline and add more story to the Caribbean so that players have something new to do, and get some great loot out of it!

Now, obviously above is very far fetched, but assuming Development continues at the same pace as it is right now when all content from the previous game has been carried over, I could personally see this as being a nice side area to use. Let's be honest, what is Outcast Isle REALLY used for right now? Well, if it involves a Storyline, I'd be happy to find out!

All constructive criticism to this idea is accepted and well taken as long as it is INDEED criticism and not irrational hatred. Thanks!
I am certain Devil Root already does give a legendary. [My post]
I don't see any problem with your suggestion though, expect for the fact that I think the Devs are already way ahead of you. ;)

In terms of a legendary staff however, It would only be useful if it had something like...
Attack 40
"Spirit Lore +5" - [Decreasing casting time]
"Flaming Skull +3" [Best Staff Skill]
"Sure Footed Rank 3" [Good to match lore from slaying Devil Root and his consistent Earth quakes]

Last edited:
I don't see any problem with your suggestion though, expect for the fact that I think the Devs are already way ahead of you. ;)

In terms of a legendary staff however, It would only be useful if it had something like...
Attack 40
"Spirit Lore +5" - [Increasing casting time]
"Sure Footed Rank 3" [Good to match lore from slaying Devil Root and his consistent Earth quacks]

Only time will tell to see if he does or not, that's for sure.

The staff's stats do have more to be desired, and that's mainly consisting of the fact that at the time of the original creation, there were no Famed staves in the game to base a concept on. Although the Sure Footed definitely does fit moreso. My only gripe is, maybe instead of Flaming Skull, something like Pestilence is added, or maybe an ability that's the opposite of Banish's effect to better suit the ability to kill "living" monsters such as Devil Root himself.

Attack 40
"Spirit Lore +5" - [Increasing casting time]
"Sure Footed Rank 3" [Good to match lore from slaying Devil Root and his consistent Earth quacks]
Shouldn't that buff be 'decreasing casting time'? Why would I want my staff to take even longer than it does now to cast. lol

To anyone who continues to follow this thread, I have made a revision for the staff's concept in the case that Devilroot is not in fact the holder of the new legendary weapon.

Last edited:
You have a good point in saying that, but it should also be noted that Dark Staves are also primarily defined as Offensive weapons, and may not particularly require one with the playstyle jested behind the setup in perks.
To my knowledge only one that is in game, the weakest of all dark staves, does not have it, probably an accidental omission on Disney's part.

To my knowledge only one that is in game, the weakest of all dark staves, does not have it, probably an accidental omission on Disney's part.

It definitely could have been an omission on their part, but I would definitely love to keep the set of perks that the weapon's been put within the photo, but I wouldn't be opposed to adding it since it doesn't change balance all too much.

Hehehe, Sir Devil Root accepts, mate! @DebiBug ;)

What is "It", if I could ask you to elaborate a bit for me?
Because I know it as in..
d3114b4104a94d982e52fcba4d9b22a9.jpg

Or..
041067714b5538ac7a63674da76b89ed.jpg

Heck, or even..

Feedback is appreciated, but that was a VERY vague statement.​
Yeah common sense could probably answer that.. I'm definitely not talking about a killer clown. It's definitely obvious Devil Root exists.. I'm talking about the weapon
:winner:

Yeah common sense could probably answer that.. I'm definitely not talking about a killer clown. It's definitely obvious Devil Root exists.. I'm talking about the weapon
:winner:
Considering that the weapon is merely a concept design that I made up, as flattered as I would be, that is highly unlikely. ;)

Back