Weapons The Rarest Weapons in the Game (and how to get them)

Bort Greasegorb

Pirate Lord
There are many coveted weapons around the Caribbean that every pirate searches hours for, such as famed and legendary cursed blades. However, these types of weapons are not what this list entails, as with so many people running around with swords such as the Barracuda Blade, which is in highly-looted areas such as Tormenta and Raven's Cove, they lose their value as a statement piece. Instead, this is a list of some of the most elusive famed and legendary weapons throughout the seas which nearly no one has. This is because only a few recognize their value and make an effort to get them since the enemies that drop them are under-looted. Let's begin:

Gorilla Broadsword
Why is it rare?: The Gorilla Broadsword is likely the weakest famed broadsword in the game. It is the second weakest in base attack power, only beating out the Bejeweled Broadsword, and its abilities and boosts don't excite much. That being said, this weapon's rarity comes from the fact that it can only be found from creatures such as scorpions, wasps and stumps alongside fishing (which I highly advise you don't use to find it). While the other gorilla items such as the cutlass, repeater and blunderbuss can drop from enemies on Tormenta, this one cannot.
Where should I look?: As it stands in the current version of TLOPO, there are no creature bosses who drop a native legendary aside from Dry Rot, who I believe is an exception to creatures who can drop this sword. However, while there's no chance of a legendary reward aside from the usual Lost Sword and Silver Freeze, Devil Root is definitely the best place to find this, his flytrap minions dropping a fair amount of skull chests as well. Another way to find this sword would be gathering and killing the wasps in the Queen's Nest at lower levels.

The Navy Bayonets
Why is it rare?: These bayonets can only be dropped by Navy grunts. The difficulty in this is that there are not only no Navy bosses in the game, but every single Navy enemy will be seen as a grey tag by a level 50, meaning hardly any good loot. The two pictured bayonets are not the only two navy-only famed bayonets. However, the other two, Officer's Bayonet and Navy Veteran's Bayonet, are merely weaker versions of these. If you know me, you may remember a few years back how crazy I was about finding the Brigadier's Bayonet. This is because it's an exception to the rule of thumb that most elusive weapons are weak; the Brigadier's Bayonet has the same take aim +3 boost that makes weapons such as the Grand Blunderbuss and Mercer's Pistol powerhouses. Meanwhile, the Navy Dragoon's Bayonet is rare in the way that it is not only navy-only, but the only confirmed find of it in existence was from a dragoon, meaning that this may be the only enemy that drops them.
Where should I look?: I can speak from experience on the Brigadier's Bayonet, as I managed to find this one. The best method to find this is by taking a low level pirate with you to the Kingshead marching grounds, letting him hit every enemy there and then throwing a siege charge at all seven navy enemies. Otherwise, there are also some patches of 3-4 dragoons/officers scattered about Beckett's Quarry and the Catacombs who are somewhat higher level for chances at the Navy Dragoon's Bayonet as well. Making sure to kill the dragoon by Remington while looting for Mercer's Pistol is also an option if you at least want a passive chance at it.

Sea-Only Cannon Rams
Why is it rare?: The Iron Priming Ram shown above is only one of the cannon rams you can find sailing. Of these cannon rams are some that primarily have boosts and effects for lesser-used ammo such as chain shot and firebrand, so the ones to look out for are as follows:
  • Steel Cannon Ram
  • Master Gunner's Cannon Ram
  • Iron Priming Ram
However, from experience, it seems like these rams drop once in a blue moon compared to other famed while at sea and I'm not sure why.
Where should I look?: As expected, material runs and loot runs are the best way to find this alongside Cannon Defense once it releases. However, cannon rams and sailing items seem to drop only according to overall notoriety, not like weapons which are based on your skill level for the weapon. A recent glitch which made it fairly easy to level a pirate all the way to 50 only using potions showed this, as those pirates were getting lots of high-end rams and sailing items. Thus, if you really want one of these rams, try and get to around level 10-25 without having any weapons leveled beyond ~10, as this is the only way to truly guarantee famed sailing items and rams.

In addition to these, there are two certain legendary weapons which, while not as strong as the more looted ones such as the Lost Blade of Leviathan, are much rarer:

The Ruby Curse
Why is it rare?: This legendary sabre pales in comparison to The Sapphire Curse, which has higher attack power, better abilities and a higher parry boost. In addition, the boss that drops this sword, Cicatriz, has far more health than Crash and Jimmy Legs, the bosses who drop the other two boss-exclusive sabres. That being said, Ruby's 102 damage and beautiful red trail are nothing to scoff at. I recently wracked my brain and talked with some others about the grand tally of Ruby Curse owners and the number we came up was somewhere around 9, a ridiculously low number in terms of the size of the playerbase.
Where should I look?: Cicatriz, the ghost boss who drops this sword, can be found at the North Idol in El Patron's Mine on Raven's Cove. Groups rarely form at the boss so hop on the opportunity when it comes!

Calypso's Radiance
Why is it rare?: When most pirates think of a legendary weapon they desire, voodoo dolls do not come to mind. In addition, this doll is dropped by General Hex, a boss who spawns from level 23 to 30, meaning he only drops regular boss-tier loot a half of the time he spawns. On top of that, the pesky skeletons around him go in to attack you every time you touch the boss, a problem that isn't present at any other legend-bearing boss. Finally, because of how weak Hex is, it's hard to find a balance between every pirate at the spot getting a hit in and him dying quickly enough to get fast skull chests. All this together only leaves Radiance for those who truly covet it.
Where should I look?: You can find General Hex near a shack in the Misty Mire on Tortuga. Thankfully, unlike the other nine bosses, Calypso's Radiance is the only legendary you can find from Hex, so one you get enough skulls to pull the crazy chance of a legendary weapon, the grind is over without any Lost Swords or Silver Freezes interfering.

Honorable Mentions
Other than the above weapons, there are some other famed and legendary weapons that are a little trickier to come by than these. Here is a list of them:
  • Executioner's Pistol: This pistol doesn't drop from most commonly-looted enemies, as it seems to only drop from skeletons and maybe some other veins of enemies. The easiest way to get this is by farming General Darkhart or General Hex.
  • EITC Assassin's Dagger: Only being dropped by Assassins according to the name, this dagger used to only be owned by few, most of them appearing while fishing loot was very rich a few years ago. However, that changed when Beckett's and Mercer's Pistols were added to Neban the Silent and Remington the Vicious respectively, where a fair grind looking for those guns will likely net you this dagger as well.
  • Sacred/Divine swords: The cutlass and sabre in the divine group don't drop everywhere the other weapons in this category do. Instead, they seem to only drop from Navy enemies, creatures, sailing and possibly EITC enemies. The most painless way to find these is either finding them from sailing or stumbling upon one from a low level while farming the Kingshead marching grounds.
  • Shark Sticker/War Bayonet: These two bayonets can only be looted from sailing and Navy enemies (also creatures in the case of Shark Sticker). The fact that they can be found from sailing puts them on a lower scale than the Brigadier's and Navy Dragoon's groups.
  • Famed sailing items: These are the same case as cannon rams listed above but seem to drop a little more often.
  • Orangutan/Gorilla Doll: These dolls don't seem to drop from any commonly-looted bosses, making them a bit rarer than other dolls.
  • Sacred/Divine Repeater Pistol: Unlike other sacred/divine items, these don't drop from any commonly-looted boss. However, they're a bit more lenient than the cutlass and sabre as they can be dropped by normal enemies on Tormenta and Raven's Cove. The Divine Repeater is especially exclusive, as it does a crazy 54 base damage.
  • Krakenslayer: Towards the beginning of the boss loot buff, everyone was after this legendary cursed blade dropped by Koleniko in the Forsaken Shallows. However, less groups form at him lately as many lost interest in the sword. That being said, I still believe it packs a wallop especially with its +4 blade storm boost.
  • Sword of Triton: This sword can only be found on a rare chance after defeating the crew of the Queen Anne's Revenge. While the method of obtaining it is very flowchart, not many people make a real attempt to find it. In fact, as of now, the Queen Anne's Revenge is not in the game, leaving only few who found the sword.
I hope this guide was helpful to all the pirates aspiring to find these weapons and show them off with pride. Happy looting and fair winds!

Last edited:
Honorable Mentions
Other than the above weapons, there are some other famed and legendary weapons that are a little trickier to come by than these. Here is a list of them:
  • Executioner's Pistol: This pistol doesn't drop from most commonly-looted enemies, as it seems to only drop from skeletons and maybe some other veins of enemies. The easiest way to get this is by farming General Darkhart or General Hex.
  • EITC Assassin's Dagger: Only being dropped by Assassins according to the name, this dagger used to only be owned by few, most of them appearing while fishing loot was very rich a few years ago. However, that changed when Beckett's and Mercer's Pistols were added to Neban the Silent and Remington the Vicious respectively, where a fair grind looking for those guns will likely net you this dagger as well.
  • Sacred/Divine swords: The cutlass and sabre in the divine group don't drop everywhere the other weapons in this category do. Instead, they seem to only drop from Navy enemies, creatures, sailing and possibly EITC enemies. The most painless way to find these is either finding them from sailing or stumbling upon one from a low level while farming the Kingshead marching grounds.
  • Shark Sticker/War Bayonet: These two bayonets can only be looted from sailing and Navy enemies (also creatures in the case of Shark Sticker). The fact that they can be found from sailing puts them on a lower scale than the Brigadier's and Navy Dragoon's groups.
  • Famed sailing items: These are the same case as cannon rams listed above but seem to drop a little more often.
  • Orangutan/Gorilla Doll: These dolls don't seem to drop from any commonly-looted bosses, making them a bit rarer than other dolls.
  • Sacred/Divine Repeater Pistol: Unlike other sacred/divine items, these don't drop from any commonly-looted boss. However, they're a bit more lenient than the cutlass and sabre as they can be dropped by normal enemies on Tormenta and Raven's Cove. The Divine Repeater is especially exclusive, as it does a crazy 54 base damage.
  • Krakenslayer: Towards the beginning of the boss loot buff, everyone was after this legendary cursed blade dropped by Koleniko in the Forsaken Shallows. However, less groups form at him lately as many lost interest in the sword. That being said, I still believe it packs a wallop especially with its +4 blade storm boost.
I hope this guide was helpful to all the pirates aspiring to find these weapons and show them off with pride. Happy looting and fair winds!

Krakenslayer is extremely rare. As far as forums goes, the last person who found it after I did was Wizard (JFR found it too if I remember correctly), who got Krakenslayer 9 months later after I got it.

So, now weak weapons have become rare and valuable?
Interesting re-categorization. There's no room for any of this and I've sold or trashed every item in this list 5 times over except legendary.
Yeah especially some of the redeem code weapons that have not come back like the darkfire cutlass.

If anything on the lists are not even in the game now, that certainly would put them in an extremely rare category.

There's some other "rarer" redeem code blades that you could consider adding another category for as well.
As with the Sword of Triton these are currently unavailable - and we are unsure if they will come back:

Nemesis Blade
Spectral Cutlass
Cursed Seafang Blade
Dark Broadsword
Skeleton Arm
Tree Branch

There's some other "rarer" redeem code blades that you could consider adding another category for as well.
As with the Sword of Triton these are currently unavailable - and we are unsure if they will come back:

Nemesis Blade
Spectral Cutlass
Cursed Seafang Blade
Dark Broadsword
Skeleton Arm
Tree Branch
This is primarily meant for lootable weapons rather than codes, but these do qualify. I thought there was also a giveaway cursed sabre called Darkfrost Blade or something.

Back