• Not that great

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bad. Stop writing

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters

>.<Kat>.<

Site Founder
Chapter 1:

The blast of a cannon awoke me. As I stumble on deck, barely missed by a cannonball flying past my head, I turned and saw in horror as the mast fell crashing into the ocean. My crewmates were scrambling to either the cannons or dinghys. Lifting up my sword I shouted "Fire!" and the world resounded from the rapid release of cannonfire.

I saw James go running by and yelled to him "Wheres the captain!?"

"I havent seen him!"

I cursed at the luck of having the captain missing at a time like this but then I saw him climbing into a dinghy. Stumbling over I shouted "What are you doing!?"

Looking ashamed he didnt reply so I grabbed him by the arm and pulled him back on the deck. "The captain does not leave his ship in a crisis!" I felt the woosh of another cannonball pass by.

"Then I am Not the Captain. You are the captain now Angel. You were always more inture with the ship and the crew than I." With this he jumped back in the dinghy and cut the line before I could stop him.

I turned around in time to see the undead crawling to our ship, my ship. Racing forward I prayed we would get out of this alive but still I doubted it.

Chapter 2:

Flashing cannons and the clang of steel surrounding me, I kept fighting beside my crew as one, two, ten undead fall at our feet, just as my friends slowly weaken and fall under the neverending onslaughter. As I feel myself start to weaken I am pulled back and someone else takes my place. Taking the hint I roam behind the fight, assisting who needs it and jumping back in when someone falls.

I see fewer undead roaming and feel hope for the first time since this attack begun. Never would I see the cannonball land at my feet, blowing me overboard and never would I see the end of my ship for among the waves I fall into unconciousness and drift farther out, unknown and unseen.

Chapter 3:

Waking up the first thing I feel is pain followed by a harsh light seeping in through my closed eyelids. Knowing what was coming next I opened my eyes, expecting to be blinded by the harsh sun but instead I see a dim room only occupied with a bed and a worn down table. Looking to my let I see the open window and get up to peek outside. The blacksmith shop right outside and the market down the street, I would remember this place anyday.

“Aye lass this be Tortuga! Home of all pirates. According to your sword I assumed that’s what ye would be.”

I jumped at the sound of a voice from behind me but when I turned to look it was only a little old man. “Who are you?” I demanded.

“I be just a man here to help ye find your way.” He said with a knowing smile. “To the docks, there’s a ship, the Midnight Moor it’s called. Stowaway on there and ye will be sure to find something interesting. ”

I wondered I the old man was crazy so I asked “Why should I listen to you?”

“Trust me.” Then he vanished.

Seeing food vanish from a plate isnt unusual but watching a man disappear from thin air isnt normal. “Well that was weird” I said to myself “I didn’t even get to ask him how I got here.” As I thought this I saw an image of myself lying on the sand at early dawn, a time no normal human being would be awake at, and the old man coming up and carrying me away.

With a sigh I knew I had little choice but to follow his instructions. Walking out the door I headed towards the docks not knowing how this decision would alter my life forever.

Note: Ill post chapter 4 after school tomorrow :D

Chapter 4:

“You like the look of her?” Asked the pirate beside me.

“Midnight Moor? Nothing special about her as far as I can see”

With a laugh he extended his hand. “Names William. I would be the first mate of this here ship.”

“Angel, just a nobody important.” After talking for a bit William wanders off leaving me to do my recon. The barrels near the water’s edge looked big enough for me to fit in so strolling over I dumped out half of the grain in one and jumped inside, shutting the lid over me.

Not knowing how long it would take to get all the cargo and myself loaded, I fell asleep only to be awoken in the evening by the jostling of some people carrying me on board.

Once I was set down I waited five minutes before coming out of the barrel. Legs stiff from squatting or so long I stretched till I heard the door open behind me. I didn’t have time to turn before I was thrown to the floor.

Chapter 5:

“Captain! We found a stowaway!” The man leading us on deck yelled. I struggled against my captor but it was to no avail. Just as I thought all hope was lost and I would surely be made to walk the plank I heard the thud of boots heading towards me. I looked up and saw a pair of familiar green eyes looking into mine.

“Well if it isn’t Angel. What has it been…seven years since I last saw you.” Captain Johnny Thunderskull said.

With venom in my voice I replied “Yes it was. I also believe I was busy relieving you of your gold in a not-so-friendly game of poker.” To see the scowl appear on his face was worth the sting I felt when his palm landed on my fac.

“Take her to the brig! Let her rot for all I care.”

As I was dragged, kicking and screaming bloody murder, down into the depths of his vessel I wondered what horrors awaited me and just how I would get out of this alive.

Chapter 6:

A few days later I was brought on deck to face the captain.

“These are going to be your final breaths. We will fight to the death! William give her a sword.” The captain commanded.

Accepting the cutlass he gave to me I readied myself for him to make the first move. He lunged towards me and I parried. The flash of steel against steel echoing in the air. I jumped back when he made a wide slash that would have been my end, and threw my sword towards him. It landed in his chest and he dropped to the floor.

“You should have known you couldn’t win.” I said to his dead body. Hearing the thunk of boots behind me I turned around expecting a fight.

It was William, dropping his sword at my feet “Swords down men! This is our Captain. Captain Angel”

I not only won my right to live, I won my place as captain of the Midnight Moor “Ready the sails! We head to uncharted waters!”

Back