The Tale Of William Sunshot

Who is "I" ... He and William Sunshot were now sharing one body; "I"'s body. The real William Sunshot didn't make it, did he?

When I awoke, I quickly realized I was not on a ship. There was no sway of the sea beneath me, no salty smell, no ship creaking. It was odd, and a little off-putting. I opened my eyes to see a white ceiling with a bronze lamp hanging from it, and noticed I was not in my clothes. Someone else's perhaps. The most annoying thing, however, was the utter lack of people around me.

I started out light, wiggling my toes and fingers a bit, no problems. I moved my legs some and my arms, nothing painful. I rotated my head, cracked my neck, smiled, and played with my facial muscles, all checking out. I moved to sit up, which I did without any pain. I was in good shape. I sat up and looked around.

I was presumably at some kind of inn, though which one and where I did not know. My broadsword, pistols, hat, and boots were against the wall, as were my clothes, neatly folded over the top. I walked over to them and put everything on, feeling much better with some weight on my belt. Now all I needed was a ship, I remembered the Renegade Titan going down at the hands of that bloody Harkaway, and a crew.

I walked out of the inn, apparently not needing to pay the guy running it as he just watched me leave. I got about three paces before I was stopped by a man in all black.

"For you, sir." he said in a low gravelly voice as he passed me something

I looked down at the paper he passed me, looked up again and he was gone. I looked at the paper and read:

Meet me at the hidden docks in an hour. You're on Tortuga. You will not want to miss what I've got here.

It was simply signed J.

It's so ... unpredictable ... You are a master at keeping readers in anticipation of what's coming up next!
excited.gif

I made it to the hidden dock that I remembered well enough. The route was the same, nobody was following me, and there was good weather. When I arrived, my mouth hit the floor in shock. There waiting at the docks were two ships. One was a massive War Frigate. The other was the Black Pearl.

I walked to the dock, craning my neck to see the topsails of the Frigate. She was brand new, sparkling in the bright sunlight. Her sails looked perfect, her hull was gleaming, and her cannons were buffed to a dull shine. I stood at the foot of the plank in wonder at the ship.

"She's all yours mate," said a voice from behind me. I turned to see Captain Jack Sparrow, a grin on his face as he saw my surprise at the ship.

"I feel a bit responsible for the unfortunate loss of your boat, and we had just seen this pretty lass floating away from Port Royal. Tia Dalma was the one who persuaded me to get this to you, so I just had to do it. You know how she is." he said, rolling his eyes

"I... Thank you, captain... really though... what happened?"

"You were a sorry sight after that crazy magic. Looked almost as bad as Pintel and Ragetti! We fixed you up as best as we could, but there was no fixing that one little... thing..."

He looked uncomfortable.

"What thing?" I asked

Captain Sparrow pointed to the water. I looked down and saw a familiar face staring back. I gasped. The stranger who dueled with Jolly Roger on the Titan stared back at me.

"There is maybe one person that could.. ah, help you.. with this unfortunate mess you've gotten into...." said Captain Sparrow. He looked extremely uncomfortable.

I couldn't tear my eyes away from the reflection. I barely knew the man staring back at me. Would his mind work alongside my own? Would my mind be the dominant one? Would I take over all of his physical skill and lose mine? The other way around? I was scared, and not without reason.

"Who? Who can help with this?" I asked weakly

"Well, I don't know about helping in the manner which you might think, but I think his manner of helping you would would do you well." the Captain said "You'll have to go to Shipwreck Cove to find him. Maybe. Good place to start."

"WHO IS HE?" I roared, I was getting tired of him dodging the question.

"Easy now mate, easy does it... His name is Teague. He's the keeper of the Pirate Code, and authority on all things that can possibly go wrong with something."

"I'll be taking that ship." I said, pointing at the War Frigate

"It's for you anyway. Might as well name the thing, the Pixie isn't exactly a piratey sort of name, now is it?" Jack asked, a gleam in his eye

I nodded and walked up the plank to the main deck and addressed the crew.

"Form up and prepare to cast off. We sail for Shipwreck Cove as soon as possible."

The crew shouted their acknowledgement as I headed up to the wheel. I took it over from a sturdy young man, who nodded and walked off towards the stairs when I relieved him. He came back a moment later.

"Sir, what shall we be calling this ship?"

"When we dock in Shipwreck, we'll call her the Renegade Conquerer."

What?? I don't get it ... was "I" in the earlier chapter not dead? Now in this chapter, "I" is William Sunshot, right? I thought "I" and "William Sunshot" swapped death ... (means that William is alive and "I" is dead), but "I" can be 'fixed' (means revived)?

Now ... does "I" know that he is trapped in William Sunshot's body? Who does he feel like he is ... "I" or "William"? Sounds like he feels like he is William, am I correct?

Gosh ... you raised so many questions in me ... Excellent work! Not easy to make my mind whirl around without answer like this.
pirate.smile.gif

Actually, you've got it completely backwards. Though I'll put it in story form in a bit, here's what happened:

1. Jolly shot William as "I" watched.
2. Tia Dalma pulls some crazy voodoo shenanigans.
3. William's soul/consciousness is now in "I"'s body.

I kind of messed up by not specifying who the point of view was in the last two posts. My fault there. The last two posts were narrated by Captain Sunshot. You might have been able to figure it out from the stuff in the inn room: Sunshot used a broadsword, while "I" used a sabre.

Again, sorry for the confusion, but give that a think.

So when is the book gonna be published?

LoL good job mate. Got a lot of interested readers.

Back