the tales of drail wareagle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hector wargull

Site Founder
note,this story was begining to be writen before i came to potco forums so if your name appears it is a coinsidence.
Capter One
waves crashed on the easteren shore. the wind howled like an wounded wolf. the body of a young boy washed up on the shore,alive. The boy stood up, badly hurt. he was armed with a rusty cutlass. his clothes were in tatters.he started walking toward a light. it was a tavern, with a sign above that were words he could not read. luckily there was a picture of a crown with an arm under it. The King's Arm.It rang in his mind, and then he realized he was on Tortuga pirate heaven and haven.he stumbled in half dead. the tavern owner saw him and gasped at the sight of a massive slash down the left side of his face, stretching from temple to jaw.The boy then collapsed.The owner rushed over to him and gasped once agin at his wounds. the large slash on his face, a deep cut on his right side and several cuts and brusies. And the boy was alive, barely. it was a quit night with only a few older pirates.2 and a half days later the boy woke up mostly healed. the owner said" what is your name boy?" ten the boy answered" drail, i think." "well drail where did you come from?" asked the owner." i dont remember" said drail simply." well i will leave now. " drail said and then walked out the door. now Tortuga was bright and sunny. drail then remembered something. fire and gunshots. the smuggling ship he had been on had been taking rum to padres del fuego. then the navy came out of no were. they bombarded their galleon with firebrands and chain shot until it was mostly sunk then they boarded it. it was awfull. drail had seen his share of battles but thay had always been more or less fair. this was a massacre. the navy cut down half the crew be fore they could react. the other half was ready before they could slay them. with his cutlass he managd to strike down three of them and then their captain walked over. he was incredebly tall and broad with a cutlass in his hand. he easily cut him up and then drail fell overboard. before he passed out he heard these words" tell the devil that john darnce set you, pirate! then he blacked out. now he was back on Tortuga agin. but now he wanted revenge. he would need money first so he went to the taverns to see if pirates were hiring. he was in luck four crews were hiring he asked around for which was the best. the best was the one closest to the door. it was a war gallion called the crimson dragon. he walked over to the line.it was small now, but according to the barkeeper the line was packed earlier. he was in the front of the line soon. the captain was an tall, wiry man in his late thirtys. he was called, james o harin.drail sighned up, adn was told they leave in the morning. end of chapter

i will do chapter two if i get positive feedback

a red sun broke the horizon. already warm drail hurried to the dock. there was only one war galleon, it had to be it. Then he saw the captain at the helm. he ran up the gangplank and rushed to find his job. salior. midway in the ships command.no real command. he was told to help an old grizzled pirate who was missing an eye and two fingers, called John. John handed him a couple daggers, three one shot pistols, and a axe, and he already had his cutlass. somehow by instinct he could do nots and all the other tasks he was given.then the lookout roared out sloop portside! flying treasure fleet flag! then drail got nervous he had no idea if he knew ho to fight, but he hoped that he could. he drew his rusted blade and it mercifuly felt comfortable in his hands. then he started maning a cannon and pouring round shot into the sloops hull. strangly this felt natural. then thy had nearly sunk her and boarded her. drail cut down about three and shot one. then suddenly it was over all of the sloops crew was brutally slain. he got cut on the leg nicely. he bandaged it with a dead salior's shirt. then he ran down to see if he can find loot. he got a better sword. two more pistols. he grabbed old canvas for some new clothes. and he also took a monkey they were taking to sell. he will call the monkey fleet, the sloop was named the fleet trader. then he swung back aboard their ship and found John.they lined up for the money that the quartermaster was dividing. when it was drails turn he asked" how many did ye kill?" drail replied" four." the quartermaster pushed him three hundred doubllons worth three hundred thousand in peices of eight.then they head back toward Tortuga. then the crew went their seprete ways. drail instantly for the tavren. he needed more expirance before getting his revenge. he sighned up for a ship called the black dog.they leave in three days. end of chapter

dawn broke across the sky. drail came out of the ran down shack he bought last night. there were two more nights till he left. so he made himself busy, by heading to misty mire to get expirance. he took out several gators, undead and flytraps. then he saw genrel hex.a great seven feet giant of an undead with a voodoo doll. drail dare not fight him.yet. the sun was setting, so he went back to his hut. the next days went by quickly as he practiced his cannon on cannon defense and got decent aim.then he set off. the black dog was small, dirty, frigate. the captain was a cruel short man named Gorn. and the worst was that he was bad at his job. he was cowardly survy man who was very fat. and he hated drail. mutiny was at the door. note sorry that this chapter was short i am having a writeres block so dont expect a long chapter for a while

that night Drail decided it was time for the mutiny. the ship had 25 men on and none of them were loyal to Gorn. so he gathered the ones who were willing to act.15 the rest ethier didnt care or didnt want to mutiny because of fear. it didnt matter if they told Gorn since he had only 10 men who might possibly fight for him, and Drail supposed that none of them would fight. they started creeping up to the captains cabin at midnight. Drail was on watch then. the mutineers started toward the captains cabin. there was no guards thanks to Drails charisma. he crept in. then a pistol was at his head. Gorn smiled and said"surprise". END OF CHAPTER

thank you but it might take a long time before i get the next chapter i have got ideas and i am going through them.oh i just got one i will type it in next post

Drail looked in shock and finally managed to gasp out"how on god earth did you know?" Gorn smiled evily and said" did you really think that my crew wouldnt report to me? some of them are so afraid that they would tell me that a fly is on my ship." Drail was suprised at this as he had gambled the chances of the crew telling Gorn this and it was not likely. then a plan ran through his mind. He smiled and said a few simple words" your pistol aint cocked." Gorn looked at in surprise for a split second. that was all Drail needed. He swung his fist as hard as he could at Gorn fat stomach and Gorn doubled over in pain as Drail lashed out with his right foot and caught him hard on the jaw. knocking him spark out. Drail took all his fine clothes from him leaving him in underwear, and was about to put them on when saw that they were many times smaller (and arund the waist larger) then him. he stood chest and shoulders above Gorn. so he threw them over board along with Gorn's body after he had slashed 8 times with his cutlass. Gorn awoke with a scream of pain as the sat water burned his wounds. the entire crew came out watching with grim satisfaction at their old, cruel, captain. then a sinister dorsal fin cut the surface and Gorn screamed once more and then was gone. most of the crew was shocked at this while the other half relized Drail had basicly tortued Gorn before killing him. then all the crew looked at Drail with fear i their eyes. they didnt know what to make of their new captain. then a massive, heavy mucled crewsman stepped up with a cutlass in his hand and a snarl on his face said" i am captain" Drail smiled evilly at him and then pulled out his pistol and shot the crewman between the eyes and said" i am sorry sir but you have to be alive to be captain" this brought a chuckle from the more hardened pirates. then Drail said" i will be captain and dont try to shoot me cause none of you lot can aim fast enough and by the time you do aim i will have shot you' he said simply. the crew was forced to agree. "make for tortuga and raid every ship you bloody eyes see." said Drail grandly. He went to the captain cabin and then suddenly came out with a massive sea chest filed with what pirates desire most, Gold. Countless pounds of gold coins severel hundred according to the quartermaster. thay all cheered as the quartermaster divided up the coins and each man became rich when he got his share. they headed for tortuga where all the crew went their own ways and drail sold the black dog for three hundred pounds of gold dust. he needed a ship and a good one with all his money he could aford all the ships. but that will have to wait for the next day. so he went to his hut and fell asleep quickly on the hard bed. he woke the next morning and went to get a ship. o mally told him " three war frigates, five war galleons, and eighteen war sloops." Drail replied "any ship of the lines?" o mally sudenly got nervous and said" yes one but it is worth far more then you can afford" ha said gesturing to his raged garb and rusty sword. Drail replied "i will pay three hundred pounds of gold coins." O mally said in shock" three hundred pounds of gold coins?" then he said "yes i will take it.".he took the sack of money from drail and put in his wallet. Drail said a curt thank you and walked off to find the blacksmith. he went into through the low doorway and said"sword, cutlass, best one. the blacksmith hesitated and Drail shot at the ground next to his foot. the blacksmith jumped and ran to his swords and got one and handed it to Drail ,who grabbed it, looked at it, nodded at the blacksmith and ran off to the tailor. he told the sared woman his order and agin after putting it on ran off, wearing an old brown frock coat, a bluish shirt, dark red shirt and pants, leather boots and gloves and a leather shoulder belt and waist belt, and a green sash, and tricone hat. He next headed to the ship stuff shop. he got green paint and green canvas sails, 80 cannons, a skeloton figurehead, and everything his new ship was going to need.he sailed his ship into a shady cove and set to work the ask took him three weeks but he finished it on the final day he drew its name in red ink the green hawk. end of chapter.

note. i actualy am making this up as i go because i just cant type(or write) the exact same thing twice. if you want to be in the story i can get you in.

DRAIL WAREAGLE
Drail is well over six feet tall and around the age of 16. he is cunning, cruel, intellegent, clever,strong, fast, skilled,charismatic, an expert sailor and swordsman, and has lost his memory, mostly. his goals include, slaying captain john darce, becoming the most fearsome pirate in history, and regaining his memory. he is also capable of having large amounts of liquor and still be (more or less) controled

Drail headed toward the kings arm and sat at the cleanest table he could find( fortunetly he was used to a mess but he decided it would be better for his reputation) and said" crew for hire" and didn't say anymore. not knowing something would atract crewmembers. his gamble was correct. in a few minutes an old grizzled veteren who guessed that he wouldn't do that if he didn't have a very large and very powerful ship. he said "Names george and i would like to join your crew, sir." Drail replied " sign your name." more and more pirates joined mostly( and fortunetly) veterens. he led them through a swamp, a jungle, and the very ocean. this was a test to see if they all would be worthy pirates. half of the new recruits went back and the rest pressed on through.then he took them to the green hawk. the gaped in amazement at the ship of the line. he roared out at them to set the sails. they got under way in a few hours.they headed for padres del fuego or the father of fire. END OF CHAPTER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back