The "Treasure Sense" Rumor

Charles Warmonk

Wiki Staff
Here is the main question of this thread, what does Treasure Sense effect?

Cargo Drop Rate: Cargo Crates, Treasure Chests, Royal Chests

Cargo Drop Quality: The chances of a Cargo type to drop "Demands" or "Gold bars"

Loot Drop Rate: Chances to drop loot pouches, Loot Chests, and Loot Skulls.

Loot Drop Quality: Chances for Brights, Famed, and Legendary to be dropped from Loot.

All the above?

I would love to hear some feedback on this, I've already expressed my answer elsewhere. However, I'd like to hear the communities interpenetration of this skill and what it effects. :)

I'm pretty sure it just effects the quality of the cargo you get from containers, like chests. Doesn't necessarily mean more of a certain material, but you earn more gold. Someone may earn 1k gold from a run, whereas, if you have treasure sense maxed out, you could get 2k gold+.

That's just what I've noticed.

Here is the main question of this thread, what does Treasure Sense effect?

Cargo Drop Rate: Cargo Crates, Treasure Chests, Royal Chests

Cargo Drop Quality: The chances of a Cargo type to drop "Demands" or "Gold bars"

Loot Drop Rate: Chances to drop loot pouches, Loot Chests, and Loot Skulls.

Loot Drop Quality: Chances for Brights, Famed, and Legendary to be dropped from Loot.

All the above?

I would love to hear some feedback on this, I've already expressed my answer elsewhere. However, I'd like to hear the communities interpenetration of this skill and what it effects. :)
I seem to get 2-5 diamonds from royals and nothing else with 5 treasure sense, now if only my lucky charm buff worked ;-)
Diamonds = 1k gold each.

And I always get a junk load of junk from loot containers. Sometimes they don't give me anything at all

Last edited:
I did, not information answered my question. As it simple says "Treasure Sense is a passive sailing skill that gives the pirate the ability to locate and haul in more treasure from the ships they plunder." It does not say the TYPE of "treasure" as loot and gold both fall under that category... see my point?
If I find it for you, the coconut drink is on you...today.:D :rumgone:

It says cargo. It affects cargo. Specifically, it makes better cargo containers slightly less rare.

Chris

I did, not information answered my question. As it simple says "Treasure Sense is a passive sailing skill that gives the pirate the ability to locate and haul in more treasure from the ships they plunder." It does not say the TYPE of "treasure" as loot and gold both fall under that category... see my point?
There is no post here which is going to answer your OP inquiry sufficiently. What I've found (from reading various posts to threads here), is that:
  • Treasure Sense as a skill was known to be "broken" slightly even as far back as 2011 for POTCO
  • Any skill point over +1 apparently was counter-productive to what pirates had hoped for in utilization of the skill itself as stand-alone and without Sea Charts
  • A few posts claim Treasure Sense only affects gold, not loot
With the theory that Treasure Sense was always available but broken, it's difficult (in my opinion) to define what the skill itself encompassed in so far as predictable outcomes/loot drops. In addition, this post near it's end theorizes what I find to be true about POTCO in general in that the whole system of game-play was counter-intuitive towards gain outcome the more skill points placed to something and/or the use of a higher advanced weapon towards specific aspects of game-play.

Last edited by a moderator:
Disney literally summarized it themselves, and that summary was placed on both wiki sites accordingly.

http://www.disneysonlineworlds.com/index.php/Sailing

This is not a debate. It effects cargo and cargo only. Not loot.

Chris
It clearly says "Our endeavors always seem to uncover more gold –– increases the quality of cargo drops"

This statement confuses me, as it clearly is saying TWO things. Uncover more gold as well as, increases "Quality of cargo drops" If it ONLY effected the gold then why would it not just say "Our endeavors always seem to uncover more gold." It is vary blunt.

Also, to further support my statement before you say, "it clearly is just repeating the same thing more pirate like..."

If you read Taskmaster it displays two different benefits, "A harsh taskmaster can get his crew to reload his cannons faster –– decreases recharge time for broadsides" One is reloading cannons faster, and the other is recharge time decrease. Indicated by the -- -- that is indicated another buff from upgrading the skill.

It clearly says "Our endeavors always seem to uncover more gold –– increases the quality of cargo drops"

This statement confuses me, as it clearly is saying TWO things. Uncover more gold as well as, increases "Quality of cargo drops" If it ONLY effected the gold then why would it not just say "Our endeavors always seem to uncover more gold." It is vary blunt.

Also, to further support my statement before you say, "it clearly is just repeating the same thing more pirate like..."

If you read Taskmaster it displays two different benefits, "A harsh taskmaster can get his crew to reload his cannons faster –– decreases recharge time for broadsides" One is reloading cannons faster, and the other is recharge time decrease. Indicated by the -- -- that is indicated another buff from upgrading the skill.
Gold is obtained through cargo. Cargo is worth gold. You don't get other gold from sailing unless in loot chests, which treasure sense does not have an effect on. :)

Back