The VISION (of TLOPO)

• Thread starter Shamus The Brute
  • Start date
S

Shamus The Brute

Happy 2020!

:nybanner:

To TLOPO's credit, the need for readers to reacquaint themselves with "The Big Picture" thread I had wrote - no longer applies (due to the 'new' test server).
However...:pirate:

My name is Shamus The Brute. I am known on this forums for asking the most difficult, unpopular questions. I do so at the expense of my own demise (i.e., being ignored, ostracized, targeted by trolls, labeled antagonist, exposing bias, etc.). Today, I have a couple of other questions for purpose of challenging TLOPO:

- What is TLOPO's vision?
- How does the vision sustain the community's full interests?

Now keep in mind that "goals" are quite different in scope and purpose than formally stated "vision." So today, this 1st day of 2020, I implore TLOPO to reflect/to ultimately share here not only what vision is most important to TLOPO but also how such vision sustains to the online interests of both you and I.

I hope TLOPO is up to the answering of these questions (if not, I don't blame them). I hope too that TLOPO is open to further discussion upon this thread which responds to the vision possibly shared, whether any such opinion remains for or against.

Thank ye. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe a VISION can be adjusted to reflect a "thing's" current position and standing. In other words, a formally worded VISION could - and should - be adjusted given some change in circumstance(s). *In TLOPO's case for 2020, much progress and success had occurred during 2019. As such, would it not make sense then to realign TLOPO's stated VISION with the success being experienced? :confused:

In my opinion, there are two strategies being overlooked/ignored by the continuation of TLOPO's success:
  1. No publicly shared "contingency plan" (or plan B) for TLOPO given the expanding/ever-growing TLOPO player base. Note: More people incited to experience the successes of TLOPO should equate to more TLOPO (team) responsibility within this area. *This is true given people have now become hardcore fans of TLOPO (investing their trust, emotions, time and energy into support shown towards TLOPO).
  2. Since the forums now survives on the basis of TLOPO's own successes or failures, not enough acknowledgement is given towards the forums' own role and fate given TLOPO's apparent lack of (public) contingency. *Note: Many people have remained loyal to this forums in lieu of change and too - like TLOPO - people have invested a great deal of their trust, emotions, time and energy into this place where a well, carefully drafted contingency plan (released publicly by TLOPO) "assumes our right" - as forums members alone - to co-exist and to remain publicly connected.
Can the official TLOPO VISION statement be re-evaluated to assure a level of contingency does exist for both player and forums member alike? If not, why not (and how then can TLOPO say it treats it's player base any 'different' or 'better' than Disney/DIMG did for POTCO's player base - in lacking responsibility for contingency)? :confused:

Back