The Website Name Got Me Banned

Hector Scurvybones

Site Founder
i was telling a guild about our website piratesoffline.org then i log off then i log back in i was banned for saying the website name

i said it once thats it look at this. its the chat they sent me for why i got banned
  • November 30, 2010 7:13:39 PM PST : Ok the website is Piratesoffline.org
  • November 30, 2010 7:14:10 PM PST : then it will redirect u to the website

piratesoffline.org? that just redirects to here... lol
anyway, I don't think that PotCO is happy about people talking about other websites. I've also mentioned the forums to other people in the game, but whenever I say "com" in a chat, the other people never see the chat at all. Now, I've never said the whole website at once, like I would say "pirates forums . com"
Later I tried doing "c o m" instead of "com," and people could then see the chats
So don't say websites exactly like they are, try separating the words

but davy said that say piratesoffline.org so thats why i said it so i got banned for absolutelty nothing bassically they said it was inapropirite

cause .com gets censored .org doesnt but its stupid i shouldnt of got banned they should of tried the link its nothing bad like seriously

Just say piratesforums and then dot com
Saying the site name was in the list of things I said when I got banned my second time

but its stupid like seriously its not like i was saying a bad word in the website it was even called pirates like Disney people have to have openchat to see what im typing for the website and if they are over 13 they should be mature enough not to go open up random websites

Hmmm....I'm starting to think they have a quota to meet or something. Maybe different people just find extreme ways to meet that quota?

This takes me by surprise, I am sorry to hear that Hector. The reason we offered the .org alternative was so that Disney's sensitive filter wouldn't block out "com," many people were having issues with that. Probably won't help much with your account, but I will give customer support a call tomorrow. I have never heard of them banning for sharing links to relevant fan-sites that are "family-friendly."

uuuuuuuuum I wouldn't say that everybody over the age of 13 is "mature"... lol
Maybe not, but by that age I would hope they have some common sense.

I think we had another thread going earlier that tells about different ways people get past the censorship to communicate the site name. I know I have done it a lot without any problems.

The reason why they dont want you to share sites with others is just because they want to keep kids under the Disney security umbrella (dont worry I choke and laugh saying that). One of the guild members of the people you were talking to also might have reported you.... that of course negates anything we do to try get pass censorship. They also seem to be "adapting" faster to things such as glitches and work a rounds. The new people are doing research...lol.

Really sorry to hear that you got banned for this especially it being a fan site though...

The reason why they dont want you to share sites with others is just because they want to keep kids under the Disney security umbrella (dont worry I choke and laugh saying that).
I do believe that, but at the same time I find it a bit silly, considering there are guilds with names of other fansites.

I agree with you, I also edited my post just after you made your post..LOL.
I think its more of a show rather than to get something that actually works or anything... so that if something does happen they can say those are the measures that are put in place... they may also have an approved site list and where that domain is new they might not have checked it out under that name yet.

I think its more of a show rather than to get something that actually works or anything... so that if something does happen they can say those are the measures that are put in place...
That's why I think they have Speedchat. Quite frankly, if people want to evade the Disney censors or Speedchat dictionary, they will find a way.. but like you say, just in case, they are not liable.

Back