They always said, you were not supposed to exploit the glitches

sazon36

Swashbuckler
was told from the beginning of playing in Potco. "You were not to exploit or use or take advantage of the glitches in the game" If you did you could be warned, reported or banned from the game! Yet there was some mastermind behind all of those glitches Like the Swiftfoot glitch, or the early PVP glitch where there was a well marked exit from the arena to a cave that took you to a private island. Or the God Glitch that allowed you to fight unharmed during invasions or the mourtus Moon event, the Sky Glitch that allowed you to fight invasions from the sky invisibly, "I used to heal my fellow pirates while I was invisible". the underwater glitch, that you could walk the bottom of the seas and draw the soldiers down to the sea bottom at kings head, including Remington the vicious. the sky glitch that enabled you to visit the doggy on the island, or fight General Darkhart, invisibly from the sky or right next to him. (That involved three glitches, incuding switfoot, the sky glitch, and invisibility glitch)
there was a glitch that you could jump through a rock fall into the sea and swim to El Patrons ship, then if you jumped just right off the ship, you could wind up INSIDE the ship and hide there on the mourtus moon event.
You could vist Ol' Jolly roger at his home in the cave on Padres by walking backwards in a circle after using swiftfoot to jump into the void. All of these many many carefully designed fun glitches for someone to use if not us then WHO? The amusement of the executives or staff of Pirates On Line? we were even forbidden to mention them. There were so many of them I cant remember them all, some were removed or disabled otheres were left till the closing day I would really like to know who they were put in the game for, before this forum disapears and it is too late to get an answer.

was told from the beginning of playing in Potco. "You were not to exploit or use or take advantage of the glitches in the game" If you did you could be warned, reported or banned from the game! Yet there was some mastermind behind all of those glitches Like the Swiftfoot glitch, or the early PVP glitch where there was a well marked exit from the arena to a cave that took you to a private island. Or the God Glitch that allowed you to fight unharmed during invasions or the mourtus Moon event, the Sky Glitch that allowed you to fight invasions from the sky invisibly, "I used to heal my fellow pirates while I was invisible". the underwater glitch, that you could walk the bottom of the seas and draw the soldiers down to the sea bottom at kings head, including Remington the vicious. the sky glitch that enabled you to visit the doggy on the island, or fight General Darkhart, invisibly from the sky or right next to him. (That involved three glitches, incuding switfoot, the sky glitch, and invisibility glitch)
there was a glitch that you could jump through a rock fall into the sea and swim to El Patrons ship, then if you jumped just right off the ship, you could wind up INSIDE the ship and hide there on the mourtus moon event.
You could vist Ol' Jolly roger at his home in the cave on Padres by walking backwards in a circle after using swiftfoot to jump into the void. All of these many many carefully designed fun glitches for someone to use if not us then WHO? The amusement of the executives or staff of Pirates On Line? we were even forbidden to mention them. There were so many of them I cant remember them all, some were removed or disabled otheres were left till the closing day I would really like to know who they were put in the game for, before this forum disapears and it is too late to get an answer.
I do not think any of these glitches were purposely put into the game. Many of these are most likely from human error when building the game. Regarding the PVP island, it is very possible that they were planning on making additions to PVP but never got around it finishing it. After personally reading the POTCO client source, I can confirm in a heartbeat that there were many unreleased features in it. One of which is the Kraken. The earliest files we have, which date October 2008, have Kraken files. Including models/animations/sounds to go along with the code. The POTCO development team was hard at work on many game features that never got added into the game. It's kinda depressing to see how many features were never added.

The removing or "disabling" of these bugs was the POTCO developers fixing the bugs. So far I haven't found a config variable for turning on glitches, if I do I'll be sure to let ya know. ;)

Also, I really doubt this forum is going to go away anytime soon. It has a pretty strong community.

Some bugs can be harmful to the game system's. My favorite one, glitching past a fence on the upper PDF terrace and run back to DH, was one that did not harm the game. Others like the PVP or swift foot, put extra stress on the game's engine and servers because that was never suppose to happen. No one noticed a change though, because Disney used good servers with a lot of RAM and good processors.
:2 cents:

...The POTCO development team was hard at work on many game features that never got added into the game. It's kinda depressing to see how many features were never added.
It's really too bad the original POTCO development team (or even the 'team' for the game before the 2012 layoffs came along which had affected Disney Interactive [during time of the petition) were not able to advance POTCO beyond what it was, despite such glitches and warts.

I'm not sure if the swift foot glitch hindered the game servers. I wouldn't think it would.

It's really too bad the original POTCO development team (or even the 'team' for the game before the 2012 layoffs came along which had affected Disney Interactive [during time of the petition) were not able to advance POTCO beyond what it was, despite such glitches and warts.
Agreed... :(

Oh, also, @Shamus The Brute should this thread be in "POTCO Bugs and Glitches" ?

Last edited:
Back