THIRD NEW LEGENDARY CURSED FOUND FROM JIMMY LEGS

The Sapphire Curse?
0.png

I was a blue stone before it was cool:
blue.gif

Nevertheless, I must congratulate you for your excellent find, for it is still a good saber, compared to some others...
0.png

Last edited:
The owner of the blade is telling us and the name and model of the blade while not conclusive do match with existing sabers. In the end why would you question the owner particularly when the name and model appearance match?
He is not questioning the honesty of the OP, he just wants to know how you determine that it is a saber since cursed weapons do not explicitly display the type.

What tells you it's a sabre. I really don't know.
When you use a saber or check out the sword skills menu when a saber is equipped, you will see that the weapon uses the saber combos which tells you that it is indeed a saber.

Last edited:
He is not questioning the honesty of the OP, he just wants to know how you determine that it is a saber since cursed weapons do not explicitly display the type.

When you use a saber or check out the sword skills menu when a saber is equipped, you will see that the weapon uses the saber combos which tells you that it is indeed a saber.
Yes, very obvious when you see one in action, just as all sword types are easy to identify by their combos. Squintz knows this already, so, what was the intent of the comment? Maybe he wanted to point out that The Blade of the Abyss is a cutlass even though it uses a broadsword model? It certainly came across as questioning whether the owner has correctly identified it.

Do you need to complete the Rave Cove quest to obtain these new legendary swords?
Yes. They are cursed weapons. As such, you can only obtain them on Raven's Cove and Isla Tormenta once you have completed the Raven's Cove quest. Although, these legendaries are supposed to only drop from the new bosses, further limiting where you can loot for them.

The owner of the blade is telling us and the name and model of the blade while not conclusive do match with existing sabers. In the end why would you question the owner particularly when the name and model appearance match?
Not questioning the op. All swords/blades have numerous cross over abilities. So I wondered how anyone can conclusively state such a thing.
Here's just an example of critical strike. Almost no ability is one type blade alone. Their looks are also physically similar.

http://piratesonline.wikia.com/wiki/Critical_Strike

Yes, very obvious when you see one in action, just as all sword types are easy to identify by their combos. Squintz knows this already, so, what was the intent of the comment? Maybe he wanted to point out that The Blade of the Abyss is a cutlass even though it uses a broadsword model? It certainly came across as questioning whether the owner has correctly identified it.
You are reading way too much now into anything I posted. Please stop such activity. And by the way, many different swords have the same abilities. I just looked it up after Rileys kind post, who commented with much more patience and tact than I.

Okay, I can see now looking at the info again that 'combo's ' for each type do not overlap, but the extra stuff does. I was confused about that, so i stand corrected, but cursed are different animals. But looking at this card, I don't see an obvious clue to what type it is. There isn't a combo move listed. Same with legendary. The wiki is written by players for the most part, and people make mistakes. But so, I don't see anything until I equip it and then I should see the combo line up.

Cursed Blades

Cursed Blades are a special category of swords, and the variation encompasses all three classes. They use their base weapon's combo attacks, but each has a special ability like Cursed Thunder, Cursed Fire, Dark Curse, etc.

Last edited:
Okay, I can see now looking at the info again that 'combo's ' for each type do not overlap, but the extra stuff does. I was confused about that, so i stand corrected, but cursed are different animals. But looking at this card, I don't see an obvious clue to what type it is. There isn't a combo move listed. Same with legendary. The wiki is written by players for the most part, and people make mistakes. But so, I don't see anything until I equip it and then I should see the combo line up.

Cursed Blades

Cursed Blades are a special category of swords, and the variation encompasses all three classes. They use their base weapon's combo attacks, but each has a special ability like Cursed Thunder, Cursed Fire, Dark Curse, etc.

You can tell its a sabre from either identifying its model ( assuming said model is exclusive to sabres ), or looking at its attack combos as they are quite different from cutlasses or broadswords. As for The Sapphire Curse, its tremendous similarity to the other legendary sabres, and the vignette of Jason himself, conclude it is a sabre.

Edit: also, all sabres are double-edged

You can tell its a sabre from either identifying its model ( assuming said model is exclusive to sabres ), or looking at its attack combos as they are quite different from cutlasses or broadswords. As for The Sapphire Curse, its tremendous similarity to the other legendary sabres, and the vignette of Jason himself, conclude it is a sabre.

Edit: also, all sabres are double-edged
Thank you. Obviously just looking at the cards doesn't tell you the whole story, as that plague looks like a broadsword as well. But learn something new every day.

Back