Glitch This Must Stop! LOL

C

Crashalot

LOL, sailing is one of my favorite aspects of the game so far, and understandably, like most things, it's far from perfect right now in beta.
Sure broadsides are terrible (even tho they're probably coded that way on purpose to make it challenging - nothing can be that bad unless intended) and enemy ship speeds need tweaking, but the scourge of crisscrossing ships seems to be something particularly regrettable.

How can a ship such as the hunter depicted below be moving at a 90 degree angle from the Warship and still be following me at the same time? This requires it to actually be moving in 2 directions at once; forward and sideways! While I understand this has been coded into the game for the challenge as well, it's still pretty bad and should be fixed.

Not to mention that how exactly can one ship intersect another, mid hull? It seems silly, I know, but it really doesn't have to be like that.

Implement mesh colliders on NPC ships, just like regular pirate ships, so that the NPCs can't do these physically impossible maneuvers.

It seems a fair adjustment and makes the experience of sailing a bit more realistic and enjoyable.
Savor it!

screenshot_2018-07-24_01-51-52.jpg
screenshot_2018-08-10_03-37-44.jpg

PS - If you fire broadsides at this particular moment they always shoot out the rear or angled out the wrong side from firing. That's no coincidence.

I think you are exaggerating a little on the broadsides thing, the main issue, and only serious one, I see is the infamous backfire shots. I'm also uncertain about AI ship speeds, they are faster than potco's and this has led to different strategies for sinking them but I don't think it is really harder than it was in potco and I really would prefer that, rather than putting them all back to potco speeds, they mix it up a little and put only some back that way thus giving more variety of speed to the AI ships. Maybe the sloops could stay fast? In terms of mesh collisions I think you are right on, they should fix that.

I think you are exaggerating a little on the broadsides thing, the main issue, and only serious one, I see is the infamous backfire shots. I'm also uncertain about AI ship speeds, they are faster than potco's and this has led to different strategies for sinking them but I don't think it is really harder than it was in potco and I really would prefer that, rather than putting them all back to potco speeds, they mix it up a little and put only some back that way thus giving more variety of speed to the AI ships. Maybe the sloops could stay fast? In terms of mesh collisions I think you are right on, they should fix that.
I think your ship, being Skull and Bones, might have different broadside issues than other ships. I'm pretty sure they are coded as they are, since the patterns are unmistakable once you get to know them all. Maybe you just don't get out and sail enough Eric...
As for speeds, each ship should have its own speed, based on hull types, as in POTCO. Hunters and Warships in POTCO were also something to fear. In TLOPO, once you get the pattern down and do the circular "dance", it's all too easy.
Not that I mind any of that, mind you. I like easy, but a challenge is way more fun!
But alas, I digress.
Collider mesh for all ships is the point, and it sure would be swell to have that aspect added into the game!

I think It's hillarious how a galleon out runs a sloop !! 40 knots vs 14 knots !! lol
Yes, I've noticed the Galleons, especially the Hunter class, are very swift, so I studied and examined it a bit further.
in the screen grab below, you'll notice the Hunter Galleon is right on my tail, at full speed of 14 knots.
What I couldn't see until I zoomed in, ala High Anxiety (a Mel Brooks movie), was what was really propelling the ship so fast!
Take a look for yourselves and notice the shocking truth!!! (LOL)
screenshot_2018-08-13_14-43-25.jpg
wheres waldo.jpg

Turns out they use OARS!!! What a shocker!

Yes, I've noticed the Galleons, especially the Hunter class, are very swift, so I studied and examined it a bit further.
in the screen grab below, you'll notice the Hunter Galleon is right on my tail, at full speed of 14 knots.
What I couldn't see until I zoomed in, ala High Anxiety (a Mel Brooks movie), was what was really propelling the ship so fast!
Take a look for yourselves and notice the shocking truth!!! (LOL)View attachment 107742 View attachment 107743

Hey, dat not real... and, from you, no, I'm not shocked at all. LOVE IT!

Take a look for yourselves and notice the shocking truth!!! (LOL)View attachment 107742 View attachment 107743

LOL

Or is it this?
d651a1c8554cb280a0c8de5eee0a7c4f.png

Has anyone addressed the backward firing broadsides, or cannons randomly firing into empty spaces when a target is clearly visible and close? I cannot count the times broadsides fire well in front of or behind a target that's abeam .. wth?

And why is Open Fire not working either? Click it, nothing happens other than it begins to reload.. no change to cannon firing :mad:

<-- sitting down and trying hard not to cry over these (okay . not really)

Has anyone addressed the backward firing broadsides, or cannons randomly firing into empty spaces when a target is clearly visible and close? I cannot count the times broadsides fire well in front of or behind a target that's abeam .. wth?

And why is Open Fire not working either? Click it, nothing happens other than it begins to reload.. no change to cannon firing :mad:

<-- sitting down and trying hard not to cry over these (okay . not really)
Yes, these points have been mentioned by myself and others in a few random threads.

Recently I noticed the Bulwarks tend to jump ahead and chase ya for days on end ( Well at least from one side of map to the other ) ..... Don't recall these ships having such massive speed let alone forward cannons ( Galleons and sloops shooting directly out the front at a 90° ) !! lol

Are you kidding? This is the best thing ever. Bigger ships birthing smaller ships is like the thing to do right now. Go in with a ship of the line with multiple light sloops and gunners with explosive rounds to tear the enemy(s) to shreds....

I think something was in that rum I just drank...

Back