Question This site can't provide a secure connection

Mharr

Wanted Pirate
Does anyone else get this from around one in ten visits to the forum site?

xm9oVbp.jpg

I get the DNS error every now and then, and I know my internet and router is fine at the time but I have never had that error before personally.

Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate with Eset NOD32 Antivirus 9 providing a basic firewall. It's a very intermittent problem, a page refresh usually gets rid of it and some days it doesn't happen at all.

Can you press F12, click the 'Security' tab on the pane that pops up, and take a screenshot of it? It should look something like this:
X7gmHbh.png

Yeah, that's what I was afraid of. A lot of modern antivirus software essentially hijacks secure connections. They insert themselves between you and the website so they can decrypt the data flowing back and forth (or, in jargon terms, they MITM HTTPS connections). This is likely what's responsible for the intermittent issues, and there's not really a whole lot we can do about that on our end.

There might be literally nothing you can do on your end if it's between the antivirus and some cache service in the middle somewhere. I'll update the thread if I see it anywhere else, maybe some sort of pattern will emerge. Or I'll update something and it'll mysteriously go away, who knows.

Back