Guide Thomas Seawalkers (beginners) Guide To Tortuga Hold 'em

Was this guide helpful, accurate, and or thorough

• Total voters

Seawalkers

Buccaneer
Thomas Seawalker’s (Beginners) Guide to Tortuga Hold ‘em
So ye want to learn to play Tortuga hold ‘em eh? Well first off yer going to be needin’ a bit of luck and a good poker face. Welcome to My (Thomas Seawalker) guide for the poker game. I'll teach you just about everything you need to know.

Introduction
Tortuga Hold 'em is a 5 card poker game where players make bets based on their hand's chances of winning. This type of poker uses 5 community cards that all players can use and 2 personal cards for each person. You will start with your 2 cards and after a round of betting, the dealer will lay out 3 more cards.
P1.png

With each player using the 3 cards, plus their hand, another round of betting will occur. After this, the dealer will reveal one more card. Again, another round of betting will occur. The dealer will then layout the last card on the table, revealing the 5 community cards. One last round of betting will happen and then after all bets are complete, every player remaining will reveal their cards. The person with the best hand wins. Now, how do you know who has the best hand? We will get to that later.

Blinds
Blinds are the initial “bets” so to speak. They are to guarantee that there is gold in the pot (winnings). In Tortuga Hold ‘em, there are 2 blinds. A big blind and a small blind, which is half of the big blind. The blinds are forked over before the cards are dealt. Two players will start with the blind, and as the game continues and more hands are given out, the blind will rotate to each player.

Playing the game
After the blinds are complete, the dealer will deal two cards to each player. This is your “hand”. Each player will review their hand and then start placing bets if they choose to. In Tortuga Hold ‘em, you can fold, check, bet, call, or raise. Folding means you believe you have a bad hand or no chance of winning and you forfeit the game. By doing this you lose any chances of winning and can no longer participate until the next game(hand).
Pgfold.jpg

By checking you are not willing to bet your gold, but you still want to continue to participate.
pgcheck.jpg

Betting means you are either confident in your hand, or you are just bluffing the others. After someone bets, every player must either call the bet, or fold.
Calling a bet means you are willing to match the amount that was betted by another player (for example: if player A bets 5 gold, then player B must call by adding in their own 5 gold). If you choose not to call the bet, then you fold.
pgbet.jpg

A raise means that after someone has betted, I can call their but and add even more to it (For example: Player A bets 5 gold, Player B will then raise his bet to 10 gold). After everyone has either checked or matched the betting, the next round will play with the dealer laying out the 3 community cards. Again everyone reviews the cards, and another round will go by. The dealer will then deal another community card. Another round of betting, and then the dealer will reveal the last community card (5 in total). After one last round of betting, the players still remaining will reveal their hand. The person with the best hand then wins the pot.
PGpot.jpg

Winning
In Tortuga Hold ‘em, you must win by having the best hand at the end of the game. Hands are based on pairs, straights, flushes etc. ( Remember you can only use 5 cards to build your hand)
I will now provide you with the hand rankings in Tortuga hold ‘em from lowest to highest
High Card – you have the highest card (usually an ace or royal card)
PKH.png

Pair – You have two cards that match (i.e. two Kings)
No Image Available - Same as three of a Kind -1 card. Will be adding a picture soon.

Two Pairs – You have to sets of cards that match (i.e. two kings, and two queens)
PG2P.jpg

Three of a kind – You have three cards that match (i.e. three kings)
PG3k.jpg

Straight – You have five cards in a sequence (i.e. 3,4,5,6,7)
PGS.jpg

Flush – You have five cards that are all in the same group aka book (i.e. five cards that are all spades)
No Image Available
Full House – You have a tree of a kind plus a pair (i.e. three Kings and two queens)
PGFH.jpg

Straight Flush – You have five cards in a sequence that are all part of the same group (i.e. 3,4,5,6,7 and all are spades)
No Image Available
This concludes the beginner's guide for Tortuga Hold ‘em. I will be releasing an advanced guide that includes Strategies, Cheat cards, etc. (I will be Updating and adding more images to the guide, Please be patient)

you need a little editing. ("tree" for three in one place) the 'Introduction' and 'playing the game sections' are repetitive. Maybe it is the intro that needs to be pared down. Your examples might be better served if they matched the images: betting five when the image has option for 4 and three kings when three 8's are pictured.

great idea. I never considered that someone wouldn't know "hold 'em" style poker

Back