Sailing Those Wacky Broadsides... Yeah

C

Crashalot

I'm calling this a glitch or a bug, not that it's anywhere near as bad as the current crash-to-desktop-while-sailing bug, but still a great source of frustration, or pleasure, depending on yer personal preferences...

Those splashes and sideways cannon shots off to the lower left of my ship were actually shot from the right side of the ship (starboard) at the Colossus... yeah!

That's not quite how it should be.

screenshot_2017-12-08_01-36-01.jpg

My theory is that shooting directly behind is linked to Open Fire. My War Sloop is more accurate if I'm sailing forward and not turning. My War Frigate is more accurate if I'm sailing in a circle. But, I'm not very sure. :)

My theory is that shooting directly behind is linked to Open Fire. My War Sloop is more accurate if I'm sailing forward and not turning. My War Frigate is more accurate if I'm sailing in a circle. But, I'm not very sure. :)
I have not noticed that as my broadsides will fire backwards, out the wrong side or into my ship at random, but more so when hunters and/or warships are present.
In fact, I can actually set up a rear end shot by sailing straight, waiting for the warships and hunters to line up and then shooting at some random ship to either my left or right within range. The shots go right out the back and hit the warship/hunter.
Open fire has no effect on this.

Hunters and warships have this 'speed boost' as I'd like to call it. Where the server has trouble keeping the location of the ship in question. When it calculates the trajectory of the path you'll end up shooting at a spot where the server assumes the location of the ship in question and not its actual location, since the aforementioned speed is going too fast for the aim calculation to hit 'true'.

Back