Discussion Thoughts on Out Of Bounds Glitches and Clips?

so there are a few types of glitches, crashes, softlocks, and clips, among others.

nobody like crashes or softlocks, but clips are glitches that are usually intentionally performed and they allow you to go out of bounds to see things that you wouldn't normally see and can lead to other glitches, so what do you guys think? do you like them or should they be removed?

I actively sought these out on the test server and reported them in PoTCO. I was given to understand that use of these can lead to overall game instability. So I never made use of them on the live servers.

They should be patched as found, but using them while they are still around is fine in my opinion. They don't really present any game breaking issues in the game besides the rare case of enemies getting stuck behind a collision wall. Though they should be patched though as found. They are unintended and can really break level design; For example El Patron's Mine is only intended to be entered after getting the key to the elevator in the quest, but using a collision clip you can get to it at any level.

so there are a few types of glitches, crashes, softlocks, and clips, among others.

nobody like crashes or softlocks, but clips are glitches that are usually intentionally performed and they allow you to go out of bounds to see things that you wouldn't normally see and can lead to other glitches, so what do you guys think? do you like them or should they be removed?

Some of these were nice like the one that allowed you to upgrade grenades from inside the lava lake where the boss couldn't get to you but others like the one in Raven's cove should be patched or removed.

They're called glitches because they're faults in the game, called exploits because they're not supposed to be used, and most importantly, called bugs because they need to be squashed.

I support fixing even the most innocent bugs.

I enjoyed some of them and would be a little disappointed if they were patched, others should be patched for sure. The ones that don't give anyone any advantage and are small in scope seem pointless to patch. Getting behind the bar and serving drinks was always cool with me for instance:piratedance:

I won't deny I enjoy using some of them (esp. the ones on RC and Padres), but I understand that they are bugs that should eventually be taken care of.

As Bart said, they're really not game breaking, so they probably have a low priority compared to other bugs.

I do like to use them, but I agree that they should eventually be fixed. However, they should not be a main focus. However, I would leave the one to El Patrons Carrack (Boat) so that it can always be accessed after completing the RC story quest. We often used this as a "party boat" for our guild and it was a cool place to visit, so it should stay accessible from that rock glitch from above the ship

Back