Thread Awards

Will Nightwolf

Legendary Pirate
Site Founder
I think there should be awards for threads similar to the trophys we have for posting articles and getting likes. For example if a thread gets 1000 views wich one has it should get a trophy or title should become bright color or have a vip spot on top of the list lol.

Good Idea, but not only based on number of views also based on the quality of content. I recall another site that had a special forum called "The Library" where Outstanding threads were archived, and the members who started them given an award. It was considered an honor to have one of your threads placed in the Library.

It's something to think about for sure. I just don't like it when content is prioritized, everyone has the right to voice their opinion equally. Though, top content and premium content should be recognized. I'm not in a big rush with things, but hopefully in a few months time we will have time to work this out and make it a reality.

Thanks!

It's something to think about for sure. I just don't like it when content is prioritized, everyone has the right to voice their opinion equally. Though, top content and premium content should be recognized. I'm not in a big rush with things, but hopefully in a few months time we will have time to work this out and make it a reality.

Thanks!

Did you use webs to make this site or HTML? Just wondering

I was thinking threads that have hit a certain goal shud earn something. Like 1000 views a differnet color title other than red. And for the best thread of the site wich is currently your famed and legendary weapons
pirate.tongue.gif

it should have a medal or something by the thread title.

Oh, that could be done programmatically.
Though I'd rather it be kept in its original location so it can be found in the correct category. It could be cross referenced or change color or something. It's an interesting concept.

Ya I think it should stay in the same category a different color is enough recognition for the better threads. however since soon in the near future threads will easily have over 1000 views the color shud be something earned. Like 200-300 posts shud be a minimum and 2500-3000 views. I still think certain threads like your famed and legendary weapons should have some sort of metal you can add it as a comment and any likes that are added to it go to the creator of the thread.
Here's an example of what I mean.
1.JPG

Back